KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Love Vs. Lust??

Love Vs. Lust??
Started by: mss_mira

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mss_mira
Jack & Elizabeth <3

Love Love Vs. Lust??

ok.... so you know the sence in DMC when gov. swann is springing liz from jail? and he is totally bashing will (not that is a bad thing lol) and all liz can say to defend him is "he's a better man than you give him credit for." whats up w/ that? i really think that if she truley loved him, she would have something more to say..

and in CTBP at the end when liz' father says he's a blacksmith. and she replies w/ "no, he's a pirate" its not really him she's fallen for right its the pirates thing.. psh like he can even measure up to jack anyways...

ok so the point to all of this: who can think of more examples or refrences liz makes to show that its not really love? wink

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 04:26 PM
mss_mira is currently offline Click here to Send mss_mira a Private Message Find more posts by mss_mira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swann&Sparrow
Broken

OH OH OH!!

When she chained Jack to the Pearl in DMC, she said it was best for all of them. She didn't mention Will or anything about him, just what's best for them ALL. Even though he knew she was partically doing it because she wanted to get rid of temptation, Jack, in her life.

Plus, when she was in Tia's hut, she didn't even try to talk to Will. She was too imersed in her sorrow for Jack, and realizing her love for him, that she didn't even say a word to the little B*ST*RD.

Plus, when he came on that island that Jack, Norrington and her were digging up the chest, and Will said something about meeting his father, she didn't even care. She turned straight to Jack and put all the attention on him, she didn't want to think about Will and given any chance she'd think about Jack.

Will is a sorry unich, and he can't even hope to match up to Elizabeth's masculinaty. Lmfao, Elizabeth should just go with Jack, they so fit.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 06:09 PM
Swann&Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Swann&Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Swann&Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

actually what i do believe is that liz chained him up for the good of herself. to get rid of her temptation with jack.

she did it in a selfish impulse like jack said she would do..and eventually ending up doing.

also with the same with jack. liz said that there will come a time to do the right thing to become a good man...and eventually, jack ended up becoming a great man and a pirate.

these 2 basically ended up doing what the other said they would do.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 06:26 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mss_mira
Jack & Elizabeth <3

lol thx. i agree. dont you also love how she will talk about him to other ppl... jst blow off steam, "i cant believe jack did this... said that.... ect.. any excuse to bring him up even if its in a bad way, like to little children on a playground... love hate thing... tease the girl/boy cuz u like them.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 06:27 PM
mss_mira is currently offline Click here to Send mss_mira a Private Message Find more posts by mss_mira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

thats why these 2 belong together!! lol their relationship is a love hate thing. it builds more sparks between them and makes them more irrestible.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 06:30 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mss_mira
Jack & Elizabeth <3

yeh doesnt a healthy relationship need friction.... it hott. they complete eachother.... but im a little worried i found an interview w/ orlando bloom and a question came up about a possible pirates 4. and they asked about children in will's furture and he said, idk, maybe. we'll see... something like that... it jst got me worried is all...

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 06:33 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

the will/liz relationship is the typical that u see in disney..all lovey dovey crap. but liz is more the woild gurl type, and jack suits her completely big grin

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 06:36 PM
mss_mira
Jack & Elizabeth <3

but it was in an interview w/ bloom....i guess maybe im reading to much into this and getting freaked out.... i jst really want liz/jack to work.... in another interview w/ jerry b. he said it was gonna be a bitter sweet ending, and sometimes those can be jst as bad as sad endings.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 06:42 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

the bitter sweet part is not actually betwen jack/liz..its about liz/will

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 06:44 PM
mss_mira
Jack & Elizabeth <3

how can u be sure??

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 06:45 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

well there are spoilers im not sure if u want me to tell u..are u new in this thread?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 06:52 PM
mss_mira
Jack & Elizabeth <3

yeh i am... i've read most of the threads though, but please feel free to let me know if i missed something important.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 06:58 PM
LovelyOne

What I find interesting is the fact she barley stood up for Will but when Beckett didn't say Captain Jack she was like "CAPTAIN!"

Also I think Kate said something about how lizzies character views Will..she said she saw an interview where Keira said Liz didnt have much faith in Will to save her either.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 07:45 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

well liz didnt have enough faith on will to find jack. She was the one who decided to go find JACK herself. Plus how can u keep ur fiance in a jail..

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 07:49 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

AND ALSO THE FACT THAT SHE HAS NEVER SAID I LOVE YOU TO WILL...I'VE NEVER HEARD THOSE WORDS FROM HER!!! U WOULD THINK U'D HEAR IT BY NOW!!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 09:38 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I also think its more than just lust when it comes to Jack and Elizabeth...she's emotionally atracted to him too.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 09:39 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

yeah there was an interview with Keira where she was laughing and she said, "I think Elizabeth is worried about Will, because she knows he cant handle himself with Jack, she knows he's going to need rescuing"...

when her father explains to her he is sending her back to england to be safe, her response is not "im not leaving without will," its "but will has got to find JACK!!!"

plus, when Jack is majorly coming on to her, whats her response? "I'm engaged to Will, I love Will"??? NOOOOPE... its "uh, gee... i bathe more often than you."

i dont think there is any way to be sure whether bittersweet applies to l/w or j/w... but i think bittersweet is crap any way you slice it.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 09:48 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

OMG you crack me up^^ It's so true lmao

and I never thought of that line "but will has got to find JACK"

OMG the woman totally wants him so much..that backs up the whole thing of feeling widowed before marriage wanting to find her husband lost at sea..and Judging by the opening for both characters? Its NOT the whelp who is her husband lost at sea.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 09:59 PM
LovelyOne

bitter for Jack - he cant be a pirate

sweet for Jack - he has something better to live for a "wife" and kid

Bitter for Liz - she loses her fiancee, her dad, Norrington

Sweet for Liz - She gains her true husband in her heart: Jack..the one person she has always loved IMO much more than Will..

Bitter for Will - he cant be alive anymore

Sweet - he's an immortal with Tia and his father?

to be honest with you though I think they may be cutting the kid part because of a 4th..

you have to admit that whole line with Gibbs about the mother's son who calls hmself a pirate" and the way Liz looks at Jack in that weird hinting way and then the convo turns to sex..and then we see that heart shape in the background?? (not sure if thats a coincidence though) It points to them having a kid and it will probably be the thing that saves both characters when the EITC takes over..its the reson for them to exist when they cant have thier old way of life anymore.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 8th, 2006 at 10:07 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 10:03 PM
LovelyOne

imagine if we knew AWE ended where Jack and her had a kid together then we look back on that little scene..it would be like AH HA!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 10:09 PM