KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » I found this

I found this
Started by: pirate_1987

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pirate_1987

I found this

I hope this cheers you up

While the script for the second movie was being written,
In order to get an actual surprised reaction, the small kissing scene between Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swann was cut out of Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest

I found this
it was under Trivia
amazon.com/Pirates-Caribbean-Chest-Two-Disc-Collectors/dp/fun-facts/B00005JP0F

there was 2 kiss scenes in DMC between Jack and Elizabeth

Last edited by pirate_1987 on Nov 26th, 2006 at 12:09 AM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:06 AM
pirate_1987 is currently offline Click here to Send pirate_1987 a Private Message Find more posts by pirate_1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

really??? when was the first one supposed to be??

is that the kiss they were saying was removed??

I bet thats the one everyone mistook for the end one..they thought the end one was removed..when thats really stupid because its a critical moment in the movie.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 26th, 2006 at 12:10 AM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:07 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Actually...I'm wondering if they changed the curiosity scene a little bit..

I'm wondering if he actually originally kissed her there because in the commentary they are saying she didn't want to be kissed when she so obviously did because she even got her tongue ready and eyes closed??

just a guess lol

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:18 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

LOL i know, please, she wanted to be kissed BAD. did they honestly say that in the commentary?~!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:19 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

well i think Terry did..they said part of her wanted to be kissed but they "THINK" she wouldn't have allowed it..BS

So maybe he originally started to kiss her then she pulled away and said "see"

cuz they said thats what she would have done had he kised her there

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:20 AM
katelovespirate

she wouldnt have allowed it? she was basically screaming "take me!"

if thats the way they wrote it, the actress totally changed it, cause please, look at that scene. they are like melty butter together.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:21 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

she may have got a little caught up in it then pulled away..

and I agree..the actress played it different..they didn't even comment on her disappointed face afterward

Also...just for the kick of it I listened to the voice thing they have for blind people..and the second Jack says "persuade me" the woman says "Elizabeth casts a partly exasperated partly amused look and walks off"

laughing out loud

so that explains what that look was all about

she also says "Jack stares solemnly into Elizabeth's eyes" just before she kisses him

he was being dead serious there..

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:25 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

"well i think Terry did..they said part of her wanted to be kissed but they "THINK" she wouldn't have allowed it..BS

cuz they said thats what she would have done had he kised her there"--------LovelyOne

She might not have allowed it. Like we've agreed, she gets overwhelmed by Jack easily. She could have let him lean in a little, but might not have been ready for a kiss just yet. The curiosity scene was more a getting-to-know-you deal, so I don't think a kiss was appropriate there, although it would have been nice.

Do we know where the second kiss is? I'm wondering if they did the kiss scene a little different, like when she leans in they do kiss again, but it's more a kiss goodbye than one of seduction.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:33 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Whats it trying to say? That there were suppose to be 2 kissing scenes?

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:33 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
"well i think Terry did..they said part of her wanted to be kissed but they "THINK" she wouldn't have allowed it..BS

cuz they said thats what she would have done had he kised her there"--------LovelyOne

She might not have allowed it. Like we've agreed, she gets overwhelmed by Jack easily. She could have let him lean in a little, but might not have been ready for a kiss just yet. The curiosity scene was more a getting-to-know-you deal, so I don't think a kiss was appropriate there, although it would have been nice.

Do we know where the second kiss is? I'm wondering if they did the kiss scene a little different, like when she leans in they do kiss again, but it's more a kiss goodbye than one of seduction.

yeah but they said it was cut to keep the surprise of the final kiss, so it couldnt have been afterward...

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 26th, 2006 at 12:37 AM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:35 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Hmm, it must have been during Curiosity then, unless she kisses him when he comes back and shoots the kracken. Then everyone would blame it on an -in-the-moment deal and think she was just grateful.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:40 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

ohh maybe!!!..thats a point you have right there...instead she just grabs his leg..maybe originally she hugged him and kissed him on the lips

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:43 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

how come those deleted scenes werent shown on the dvd?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:47 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Or a quick peck on the cheek, like Leia with Luke in the first Star Wars movie where she says it's "for luck."

I guess it was a good thing it was cut, whenever it was. Think how little the Han/Leia kiss would have meant in ESB if she had made out with him in the first movie.

Leia: You deserve a little more than a medal
Han: Does Luke get more?
Leia: No
Han: Then I'll take whatever you're offering.

But I can see it, Liz looks up and is so relieved and overjoyed he's there that she jumps up and kisses him really quickly and hides behind him while he pulls the trigger.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:47 AM
CaptinJackLover

AHHHH! THIS S THE BEST NEWS!!!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:48 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

everybody is ignoring my questions lmao

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 01:06 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I don't know the answer, chiki.

Question for anyone: has anyone listened to the commentary to DMC? I know LovelyOne did because she posted the writer's comments during the J/E scenes. But did anyone else listen to it and hear talk of a second kiss? Oh what could have been.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 01:13 AM
pirate_1987

maybe that scene was on a deleted scene or alternate scene

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 01:14 AM
pirate_1987 is currently offline Click here to Send pirate_1987 a Private Message Find more posts by pirate_1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I duno I still have 10 days-actually about 12 days i cant buy the dvd on the 5thsad i have finals the next day

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 01:25 AM
Tramps Lady
Blaine

Re: I found this

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pirate_1987
I hope this cheers you up

While the script for the second movie was being written,
In order to get an actual surprised reaction, the small kissing scene between Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swann was cut out of Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest

I found this
it was under Trivia
amazon.com/Pirates-Caribbean-Chest-Two-Disc-Collectors/dp/fun-facts/B00005JP0F

there was 2 kiss scenes in DMC between Jack and Elizabeth

yea, i already knew that, it was only cut out of wills, the same with when barbossa came down, the cast were told that anamaria was coming back.

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 01:56 AM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote