Gender: Female Location: at the second star to the right
POTC and its actors to the Oscars!
Performance by an actor in a leading role
- George Clooney in “Michael Clayton” (Warner Bros.)
- Daniel Day-Lewis in “There Will Be Blood” (Paramount Vantage and Miramax)
- Johnny Depp in “Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street”
(DreamWorks and Warner Bros., Distributed by DreamWorks/Paramount)
- Tommy Lee Jones in “In the Valley of Elah” (Warner Independent)
- Viggo Mortensen in “Eastern Promises” (Focus Features)
I think Johnny deserves this one and that his only real competition would be Daniel Day-Lewis. They both won Best Actor at the Golden Globes, which is always a good sign, and this is Johnny's third nomination since he was nominated for playing Jack in COTBP and then for playing JM Barrie in Finding Neverland. It's his first role of this kind and everyone has loved him in it, so I think he is a clear contender for it.
Performance by an actress in a supporting role
- Cate Blanchett in “I’m Not There” (The Weinstein Company)
- Ruby Dee in “American Gangster” (Universal)
- Saoirse Ronan in “Atonement” (Focus Features)
- Amy Ryan in “Gone Baby Gone” (Miramax)
- Tilda Swinton in “Michael Clayton” (Warner Bros.)
This isn't really POTC-related too much, but Keira is in Atonement and the more awards Atonement wins, the better everyone involved with it will look.
Sweeney Todd's Other Nominations:
- Art Direction
- Costumes (against Atonement in this one. Wouldn't Johnny vs Keira be funny on a Celebrity Death Match?)
Best Make-Up Nominee:
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End! (up against La Vie en Rose and Norbit. Hopefully the Academy isn't stupid enough to give Norbit an award for anything)
Best Visual Effects:
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End!
Atonement is up for Best Picture, so let's cheer for Keira.
Interesting, I love Keira's dress in Atonement. When I think of Atonement, I think green Dress. But the costumes in Sweeney Todd are amazing. It's like subtle awesomeness against crazily out there awesomness.
Gender: Female Location: WheRe JacK is I'M There By His Side
Lol...Johnny and Keira in Celebrity Death Match would be fun! But I'd rather see Jack Vs WiLL and then Liz stepping in slashing of Wills arm or something and then Will saying something like: "Elizabeth what r you doin? Your my wife? This isn't fair you cant do that!"
Jack: "Never trust 1 mate!"
and then Jack chops off Will's other arm and then castrates him really making him a Eunich! and then Lizzie pulls out the chest and stabs the heart! and then Will is Dead! lol