KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NFL Talk

NFL Talk
Started by: DeNiro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (497): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeNiro

NFL Talk

Who urs favorite team?

Mine is the Green Bay Packers. Hopefully next year they can make it all the way to the superbowel.

Also disucss ne thing u want about NFL or NFL players here....

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:52 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

smart Great idea D! Let's talk about the NFL during the off-season! roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm a signature!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 09:23 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

Indianapolis Colts!!! There gonna win superbowl next yr

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 11:59 PM
cgtuna21 is currently offline Click here to Send cgtuna21 a Private Message Find more posts by cgtuna21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

quite spearhead stick out tongue ok then we will talk about this past year then Ill make a new thread once football starts again stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 04:51 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

why does everyone follow the Packers nowadays??? confused

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 04:24 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because it's trendy to like Brett Favre. I've liked him for years, but he's not my favorite QB. My favorite QB of all time is Dan Marino. Nobody deserved a championship more than him, but he just didn't have the guns around him to make it happen. If he were on any other team he would have been just as great as Joe Montana. He already is, but he needed the championships to solidify that place.

I think the Cowboys are going to give everybody a run for their money next year. Just my opinion.

"Most governments are usually, and all governments are sometimes, inexpedient."
-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 07:27 AM
SAtown_punk is currently offline Click here to Send SAtown_punk a Private Message Find more posts by SAtown_punk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

I have always liked the packers i never liked ne one else i have teams that ill watch but my favorite was always green bay

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 01:08 PM
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dallas is getting close to a contract for Keyshawn, and they're looking to get Brian Griese from Miami, and perhaps take Maurice Clarett in the first round. If this happens, I would seriously expect Dallas to make a championship run.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 01:08 AM
SAtown_punk is currently offline Click here to Send SAtown_punk a Private Message Find more posts by SAtown_punk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

I feel that the Packers hav everything working for them. They're offensive line is going to be intact for the 4th straight year and they're all big mo fo's. The recieving core may be the most underrated in the NFL. They hav 4 guys that can make plays- Walker, Driver, Ferguson, and sometimes Freeman. And, who can forget about Ahman Green who was so close of having a 2,000 yard season. If it werent for the 3 games he had in which he ran for less than 50 yards, he woulda been with Jamal Lewis. Well, if u didnt guess yet, GB is my fav. team and they can beat anybody. I said it hear. U can call me a genious next year when i bring this reply up after they win the SBlaughing out loud

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 02:49 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

^^^^^^^ IS VERY COOL thumb up ^^^^^^^^

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 03:56 AM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

^^^^^^^^Knows teams when he sees themthumb up^^^^^^^^

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 05:13 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

Dude, If Green gets shut down next year, Favre is gunna hav like the best numbers everlaughing out loud

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 05:13 AM
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

that's funny...'cause Green Bay is going to have almost the exact same team next season as this season, but what happened? Oh yeah, they didn't make it past the first round. Favre and Green will have a good season, but they just won't be able to pull it off.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 05:45 AM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

um, actually they made it past the first round, and having the exact same team together creates team chemistry that just wasnt quite there last season. They are also going to hav a number 25 pick. They will be a better team. The question is how good hav their opponents gottenthumb up

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 11:02 PM
DeNiro

GOOD CALL thumb up Its all about team work and knowing ur fellow teamate and I think they are going all the way next year

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 05:16 AM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

ya, but the thing that im worried about is just the fact that injuries are the only thing that are standing in this team's way. I feel if their are no injuries, this team will do very well. The thing that killed us was Joe Johnson, Antuan Edwards, Mike McKenzie and Donald Driver sat out a few games where the Pack needed them. Injuries will happen, but if they happen to not, the Pack will be back in the SuperBowlthumb up

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 05:24 AM
boxofdeath2.0

quote:
Originally posted by AliasNeo15
I feel that the Packers hav everything working for them.

Yeah they got that 40 year old quarterback going for them, and without Favre the GB recievers can't even hold my jock, much less compete with the rest of the league. When Favre retires, (or God-willing someone finally puts him out of his misery) I guarantee all of those so-called play-making receivers will fade into obscurity. Look what happened to Freeman, Brooks, etc. without Favre

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 09:16 AM
boxofdeath2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send boxofdeath2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by boxofdeath2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

so ur saying every reciever that has played in a GB uniform is useless unless they hav #4 at the helm?laughing out loud
Good God almighty. As long as Ahman Green is in a Packer Uniform, those recievers will be good. Do u even remember the Monday night game? The recievers did all the work and Favre was almost blowing it for them. He was throwing the stupidest passes i hav ever seen and u say that him leaving will hurt the team? laughing out loud Man, i havnt laughed this hard for a long time.

But, u r right that the team will be hurt when Favre is gone. I kind of take him for granted sometimes. I dont really look at him like the majority of America does. He has a great arm, but if u had film for every game he played last year, u would see that the 60 yard bombs he throws are usually to a reciever that is triple covered while there's a wide open guy he could hit with a 20 yard pass. I hope he plays a little while longer, and i hope no one puts him out of his misurystick out tongue

By the way, wut misery?laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 03:16 PM
boxofdeath2.0

Green Bay receivers are just like Denver running backs. As soon as those receivers leave Green Bay, they're trash (see Freeman, Antonio; Brooks, Robert). And just as soon as Denver running backs leave Denver, suddnely they're no longer running for 1500 yards a season (see Gary, Olandis). Just wait and see how much Portis' production drops off this year in Washington. And see how well those "play-makers" in Green Bay do without Favre.

Just beacsue you have good stats doesn't make you a good player.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 05:10 PM
boxofdeath2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send boxofdeath2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by boxofdeath2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

First of all, Washinton will be fairly god this year. Secondly, Green Bay will not make it past the first round this season. Thirdly, virtually every team at the start of the season will be contenders, and I can't wait for the season to satrt. Fourth, Cowboys V. Colts in Super Bowl.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 11:07 PM