KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » The Rock or Stone Cold?

The Rock or Stone Cold?
Started by: colonelf40

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
colonelf40
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Rock or Stone Cold?

The Rock or Stone Cold?

Who did you like better?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 08:40 AM
colonelf40 is currently offline Click here to Send colonelf40 a Private Message Find more posts by colonelf40 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 12:28 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Chris Benoit.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 03:27 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZeroX

rip Chris but i think stone cold would win since he is a true bad ass and the rock just doesn't have it in him

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 05:52 PM
ZeroX is currently offline Click here to Send ZeroX a Private Message Find more posts by ZeroX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I prefer The Rock but they made the best rivalry together.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:02 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* The Rock... best on mic, damn funny, has impressive moves... Stone Cold just had rock solid fanatics...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 09:19 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

The Rock

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 04:29 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by P-Geyser
The Rock

Cosigned.

But, you could do much more worse than Stone Cold too.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 08:15 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Rock

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 08:28 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

There's a reason Dwayne broke out of wrestling into mainstream, and basically no one else ever had (sans Hogan).

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 09:33 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i liked stone cold. His persona displayed an anarchist mentality of a middle aged racist biker.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 09:49 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i liked stone cold.

thumb up

His persona displayed an anarchist mentality of a middle aged racist biker.

no expression

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 10:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Stone Cold is a hack...stealing gimmicks from ECW wrestlers in the middle 90's. Tough opponent...but not original.

The Rock's gimmicks as cheesy as they are...were more entertaining.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 10:37 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Stone Cold is a hack...stealing gimmicks from ECW wrestlers in the middle 90's. Tough opponent...but not original.

You also have to remember that stone cold was in ecw after he was fired from wcw and before he went to the wwe.

Personally I like stone cold better but the rock is certainly up there.

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Nov 6th, 2007 at 11:06 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 11:02 PM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Stone Cold > The Rock.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 12:04 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Darth Hord
You also have to remember that stone cold was in ecw after he was fired from wcw and before he went to the wwe.

Personally I like stone cold better but the rock is certainly up there.

Right..back then him and Brian use to be the Hollywood Blondes...at least that was somewhat original.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 09:52 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Right..back then him and Brian use to be the Hollywood Blondes...at least that was somewhat original.

I as watching this which has a match of austin in ecw and his gimmick is "superstar" steve austin but he really seems like a little more controlled version of stone cold or less vioolent shown in the vid. plus he has hair for part of it when as wrathful said right after he departed wcw. But to me it looks like stone cold is more advance version of his ecw gimmick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoYzFz_BP8g

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 11:27 PM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The Rock's gimmicks as cheesy as they are...were more entertaining.

Ive never been a wrestling fan, but dont all wrestlers steal gimmicks from the personalities of other wrestlers?

Either way, no one remembers the sandman today. I doubt Wrestlers have much say over their in stage personality anyway. Im sure just like every other wrestler, Stone Cold was told who he was going to be and how he was going to act.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 01:43 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Ive never been a wrestling fan, but dont all wrestlers steal gimmicks from the personalities of other wrestlers?

Either way, no one remembers the sandman today. I doubt Wrestlers have much say over their in stage personality anyway. Im sure just like every other wrestler, Stone Cold was told who he was going to be and how he was going to act.

Think is that the wrestler has to have the ability to sell the talent or it reflects on their personality. Like when the undertaker had the biker gimmick he was able to sell it because that reflects on his real life personality and love for motorcycles.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 01:56 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Admittedly when The Rock said he'd always be WWF, then took off for Hollywood, I felt a bit baffled. It seemed a bit like selling out.

Then he came back as something more than a moderately funny catchphrase machine, and became an actually hilarious performer. It's only then did we all (Or most of us) realise just how much the WWE needed him AND Austin, because without them it was real name people in their generic ring get up with shitty personas.

Austin, like him or not, had people glued to the TV, new AND old fans, because him and McMahon has an amazing, long time feud that made great shows. It was never a question of "Hmm, do I wanna bother with the PPV?". It was "F*ck! I have to get the PPV!". You HAD to see what happened next. It was the soap opera part of professional wrestling, at its peak.

I'm not seeing as many unified generations of wrestling fans supporting Cena or Orton.

I will say it as I always have; the downfall of WWE was set in motion when The Rock and Austin started leaving, then when WWE decided Eddie and Chavo were worthy of belts. As soon as those two mid-card stereotypes were allowed into the top flight, everyone was.

There was no hype of "Ooo! Intercontinental division has some great talent, wonder who'll be next champ!". Then the next thing you know, Wrestlemania is Batista Vs Rey Mysterio for the title.

The Rock and Austin made it the best, and the other guys who go largely uncredited? Mick Foley and yes, Triple H.

When Triple H was feuding with The Rock, it was the like the I.C. equal of McMahon Vs Austin (Which, at the time, started as Austin Vs Taker, legendary Summerslam '98 match, check it out). Then him and Foley took it to new levels, then he got lazy.

It's all about Vince now, it sucks.

That said, people need to stop complaining AND watching. Either watch and stop moaning or don't watch and complain.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 02:06 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote