KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » From anime seniors to anime newbies

From anime seniors to anime newbies
Started by: BlackHatDefect

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

From anime seniors to anime newbies

This is a fun little system that i'v done on many forums in the past,and its always really popular and VERY useful.

As you know there are 3 types of anime fans

Anime Newbie-tends to only see anime on tv PLUSE a few (as on 5 or less)anime outside tv.Donsen't read or reads little manga.

Anime sophmore-Sees a fair amount of anime(maybe 20 outside TV)but dosen't really concider anime outside America.reads fair amount of manga.

Anime senior-Seen 50+ anime outside tv,reads/watches series not released in America,reads a good deal of manga,ECT.

anyway,thsi is kinda a suggestion form where anime newbies or sophmores list anime and manga they like and get reccomendations and or scanlation sites from seniors.It helps people who arn't that anime smart learn about alot more anime from the people who know it best,and helps friendly bonds as well!

so heres what you all do

at the top of your post,say if your a senior,sophmore,or newbie.

If you are a newbie/sophmore,list manga/anime you like and mention what type of story you enjoy.

if you are a senior/sophmore,mention some anime that might be good for these people.

OK WELL ENJOY!

Im a senior BTW

*~Just keep rockin'~*
Nana will keep on playin'
All we have left to believe in is ourselves baby
*~Were a generation of idiots without dreams~*

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 07:54 AM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soundtrack
confused

im probably a sophmore/senior erm . (i try to see as much anime as possible off of tv, but im always too damn broke. lol. and about the reading part (the same thing goes for that as well). but i do try to read stuff off of the internet *but can never really find any for free. oh, and thx bhd for the one u posted up a couple of weeks ago* if anyone knows of any online manga/anime thats free, please list them/tell me stick out tongue ).
hmm, ones to list? lets see:
1. rahxephon (kinda like evangelion) 2. mega tokyo (great manga/hilarious/*if you have never heard of this my heart goes deeply out to u erm ) 3. saiyuki (5 guys go out to save the world/interesting/funny)

**not sure if u wanted us to list stuff bhd, sry if you didnt. but if anyone wants to know more about these ones listed, just ask. i might have more that u never heard of.?!

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 12:50 AM
soundtrack is currently offline Click here to Send soundtrack a Private Message Find more posts by soundtrack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PippinTook
Billeh <3

I would be a newbie, I guess. erm Like soundtrack, I can only afford to watch anime on TV. stick out tongue

The kind of anime I like is stuff like InuYasha, Dragonball/Z/GT, Sailor Moon, and a few shows off of Adult Swim (I've seen Wolf's Rain, which I think is really cool and some of an episode of Cowboy Bebop, which, again, I think is really cool. stick out tongue ). I like a few more shows, but I can't think of them at the moment. erm

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 11:56 PM
PippinTook is currently offline Click here to Send PippinTook a Private Message Find more posts by PippinTook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

Inuyasha
Try Fushigi Yuugi.Its THE ORIGINAL Inuyasha,made about 3 yaers before it actually.
You can find the manga just about anywhere
STORY:
ushigi yuugi is about a 15 year old girl in the ninth grade named Miaka Yuuki and her best friend, Yui Hongo. Both Miaka and Yui are trying to get into Jonan high School, which, sice it is the best around, has an impossibly hard enrance exam. Yui, who is the genious of their junior high school, is certain to get in. However, Miaka, a student who prefers to daydream in class, doesn't have much of a chance (poor Miaka). They both must attend cram school and use all of thier free time studying in order to prepare for the exam.

One day, while Yui and miaka are returning books to the library (I think that in the manga, they are studying at the library), Miaka stumbles across a a room with a sign stating "do not enter." Miaka then has a strange vision of a magnificent bird, and walks into the room behind it, followed by Yui. They find a strage book lying open on the floor. The two girls, being curious, pick up the book and read "The Universe of the Four Gods." (i would state the sentaces they read from the book, but i can't find my vol. 1 manga :-( anyway, it said something to the extent of...) --"the one who finishes this book will gane the power of the main character and have their wishes granted"-- (it sounds fishy to me, but they jump on the idea).

At this point, Miaka and Yui are sucked into the book by a big, red bird (later we know this is Suzaku). They amidiatley fall into danger, but are saved by a strange, handsome boy with the Chinese symbol for "demon" on his forehead. What does it all mean?
PIXXX
http://www.animeondvd.com/images/essential/suzaku7.gif
http://www.fushigi-yuugi.net/mt8.jpg
http://www.fushigi-yuugi.net/tasutama.jpg
http://www.fushigi-yuugi.net/Miaka018.jpg

OK NEXED
Sailor Moon=Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
http://www.usagiandmamoru.com/jeanne/scanlations.html

You can read it all here.It goes RIGHT TO LEFT!

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 01:34 AM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
inuyasha1100
Kyo Stalker

Im a senior

if your a fan of CLAMP i would suggest RG Veda, the Vampire Hunter D Movies are good, so is Ikkitousen, tenjou Tenge, and Kare Kano:His and Her Circumstances

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 03:19 AM
inuyasha1100 is currently offline Click here to Send inuyasha1100 a Private Message Find more posts by inuyasha1100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

All good,cept as a fellow CLMAP fan,I am shockedyou never mentioned Lawful Drug!

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 04:33 AM
encryptedenigma
Zanbato

ok i guess by the authors post i would be a senior
so here is my list

Love anime:
Love hina
Kare Kano (his and her circumstances)
Chobits
Aio Yori Aoshi (Blue as Indigo)
Saikano
Ah My godess (& OH my godess
Please teacher
Happy Lesson
Voices of a distant star
Chinese Ghost story

Comedy:
FLCL
Excell Saga
Burn-Up (which ever one)
Pokemon (it's funny to me)
Photon

The GOOD Stuff:
Berserk
Ninja Scroll
Akira (but it is very over rated)
Ghost in the shell (movie and series is great)
Roruoni Kenshin / Samurai X
Raxephon
.Hack//sign
Neo Ranga (but not much to the story)
Evangelion (One of the best there ever could be)
Gasraki
The Slayers
Escaflowne
Spirited Away
Fushigi Yugi
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Ikkitousen
Trigun
Lodoss War
Wings of Homenansse (may have spelled that wrong)

Live Action Anime:
The duel
Storm riders
Onmyoji
Zu warriors (only have found this in asian countries MORE then worth the find)
A man called Hero
Hero
Twin Warriors

this is my list for now feel free to e-mail if you need help finding something else. this list is comprised of anime and live action anime that is typically found in america in local stores that sell anime.. didn;t want to get into the anime found in japan because this list is really for use with newbies and i am sure they are not going to put forth the effort of getting true jap films just yet... But if i am wrong please e-mail me and i'll help out. oh and sorry for not mentioning any manga or hentai titles i just felt this lst was long enough on my part.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 05:36 AM
encryptedenigma is currently offline Click here to Send encryptedenigma a Private Message Find more posts by encryptedenigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soundtrack
confused

some more anime:

drama:
pretear
chobits
vandread

action:
saiyuki
rahxephon
evangelion
escaflowne
orphen's revenge
cowboy bebop
pilot candidate
street fighter
outlaw star
trigun
yu yu hakashu
s-cry-ed
gravion
ronin warriors

goth?/religious?:
witch hunter robin
vampire hunter d
hellsing
x/xtv
tokyo babylon

other:
princess monoke
the anamatrix

ill stop for now, but to all of the seniors (maybe others too). there is this one movie called 'blue' something, but i cant remember the name of it. its about this girl who was a singer but now an actress; and shes being stalked by someone? if you know it please reply (and if you need more info about it, just ask).

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 02:10 AM
soundtrack is currently offline Click here to Send soundtrack a Private Message Find more posts by soundtrack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
encryptedenigma
Zanbato

To Soundtrack:

the anime you are talking about with the girl that sings is callt "Perfect Blue" and yeah it is a very good movie, by the creators of Akira, Perfect Blue won many awards in the independent film festival that year..

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 02:20 AM
encryptedenigma is currently offline Click here to Send encryptedenigma a Private Message Find more posts by encryptedenigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

Ok,ill put on my 02 cents(although I was originally going to have newbies mention anime they like so we can give them subsitutes)These are my fave series..mostly manga
no stars are still amazing but not a GIANT FAVE
*= FAVE
** =GODLY

Action
Saiyuki
Revolutinary Girl Utena **
X/1999*
Angelic Layer
One Peice **
Star Ocean EX *
WeiB Kreuz
Maze
Slayers*
DNA2
Battle Royale

highschool shoujo!
Hana Yori Dango**
Imadoki!*
Duck Prince*
Your And My Secret**
Super GALS!**
Parfeit Tic**
Fruits Basket**
Hot Gimmick
Peach Girl
Paradise Kiss
My Pet Momo(Tramps Like Us)
Kare Kano
Love Hina(shounen,but appealing to chicks too)
Mars

action shoujo(my fave catagory)
FUSHIGI YUUGI!!!!!!****
Ceres*
XXX Holic**
Full Moon Wo Sagashite**
Magic Knight Rayearth*
Love Monster
D~N~Angel**

shounen ai(which everything in the catagory rules!)
Boys Nexet Door(greatest manga ever written)*******************
Love is a Small APT
Fake
Gravitation*
Banana Fish**
Lawful Drug**
Yami No Matsuri(Decendants of Darkness)
Night Walker

shoujo ai
Revolutinary Girl Utena**
Miyuki-chan In Wonderland
I wish I had more awsome shoujo ai..but I can't find much>_<

magical girl
KamiKaze Kaitou Jeanne***
Cardcaptor Sakura
Puni Puni Poemi

something completely different,a classic on its own
Boys Next Door(I needed to warn you therefore i put it in SA as well)***
Kaine**
Angel Sanctuary **
Count Cain
(these four are all written by the goddess Kaori Yuuki)
Neon Genisis Evangelion*
Comic Party

I guess that about all

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 03:39 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'm not sure what type of anime fan I am blink stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 03:03 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starshine
Cosmic Dancer

Newbie sad

I don't have money to buy books or dvd's. I can only loan books from the library.
They don't show anime in Finland (only dragonball z and pokemon miffed) so I don't even have the chance to watch anime on tv

But they're starting to show Sailor Moon tomorrow eek! eek!

And I loooooove Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Porco Rosso, Castle In The Sky and My Neighbour Totoro!!! eek!

I read: Inu Yasha, Oh My Goddess, Ranma 1/2, Nausicaa

I've also read: Mermaid forest, Rumic Theater and Rumic World and some others that I can't remember stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 06:16 PM
starshine is currently offline Click here to Send starshine a Private Message Find more posts by starshine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

Mononoke
Wolf's Rain.I suppose its not mainstream for you in Finland(my dad actually went there and got me Ranma 1/2 2 in Finnish so I understand you do have some anime/manga)In America,its on CN..its about Wolves..well im sure you get the idea.Like Mononoke its very spiritual^_-

Sen To Chihiro.....con(Spirited Away)
I almost want to say XXX Holic.
about XXX Holic
Watanuki Kimihiro is haunted by visions of ghosts and spirits. Seemingly by chance, he encounters a mysterious witch named Yuuko, who claims she can help. In desperation, he accepts, but realizes that he’s just been tricked into working for Yuuko in order to pay off the cost of her services. Soon he’s employed in her little shop—a job which turns out to be nothing like his previous work experience!

Most of Yuuko’s customers live in Japan, but Yuuko and Watanuki are about to have some unusual visitors named Sakura and Syaoran from a land called Clow. . . .

Ah Megamisama(Oh My Goddess)
Ai Yori Aoshi
Mahoromatic
Gaurdian Angel Getten
Oriniocally,these are basically the same thing as Ah Megamisama...but better..

For Inuyasha,at the top I mentioned Fushigi Yuugi,I toatlly suggest that

Ranma1/2
Your And My Secret
High schooler Nanako Momoi may be petite and adorable, but she is far from sweet, she is obnoxious, violent and has the table manners of a wild boar. Akira Uehara, a dainty, feminine boy has, for some mysterious reason, developed quite a crush on her. One day, Akira stumbles upon Nanako's grandfather, a man best described as a mad scientist. He is performing an experiment on Nanako, but Akira manages to get in the way and suddenly finds that he and Nanako have switched bodies. Akira, the now dainty and feminine female, is desperate to get back into his old body, especially after one of his long-time friends starts flirting with him. Switching back may prove difficult, though. It looks like Nanako is starting to enjoy life as a guy.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 12:26 AM
soundtrack
confused

quote:
Originally posted by encryptedenigma
To Soundtrack:

the anime you are talking about with the girl that sings is callt "Perfect Blue" and yeah it is a very good movie, by the creators of Akira, Perfect Blue won many awards in the independent film festival that year..

thx a bunch. i knew it was something like that, but i couldnt land a finger on what it was. thx agian stick out tongue .

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 02:51 AM
soundtrack
confused

oh, i just saw the 1st episode to 'the get backers' and i love this anime so far. thank god for comcast on-demand's free anime stick out tongue .

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 02:53 AM
Robo-Chocobo

Miffed newbie/sophmore.

what the hell do you mean outside TV? isnt that the only place where anime is? on tv?

also, I was personally a little offended by saying we had to read mango..i mean monga..i mean conga...i mean manga XD

you should have put and or manga. i'm big on anime, like patlabor, and what not, even the ones with silly titles(appleseed).

there can be anime(!!!) fans, but then if they have to be reading manga, their not really classified as anime fans, more like manga. anyway so there tons of fans who just whatch anime, and dont read manga. also likewise with manga(YES I SAID IT RIGHT)

so by saying we HAD to be reading mango./..mongo...congo...MANGA...it just was a little crazy.

anyway, Ive whatched all the dubs on adult swim(i was so psyched when it first came out with cowboy beebop on syndication...) and ive seen some pretty obscure stuff, ive seen the laughable bad u.s.(and canadian) dubs, and ive seen the good u.s. dubs,

I have the complete Mobile suit gundam original series on dvd in japanese...i could go on but i wont.

hm i just had a question? how many of you DONT speak and read FLUENT japanese?(dont lie) so if they never dub any thing or use subtitles...no one could ever understand anime or manga....

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 06:37 PM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starshine
Cosmic Dancer

Those really help!!! eek! happy
I have to see if I find any of those which you all mentioned from the library eek!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 07:19 PM
starshine is currently offline Click here to Send starshine a Private Message Find more posts by starshine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

Re: newbie/sophmore.

quote:
Originally posted by Robo-Chocobo
what the hell do you mean outside TV? isnt that the only place where anime is? on tv?

also, I was personally a little offended by saying we had to read mango..i mean monga..i mean conga...i mean manga XD

you should have put and or manga. i'm big on anime, like patlabor, and what not, even the ones with silly titles(appleseed).

there can be anime(!!!) fans, but then if they have to be reading manga, their not really classified as anime fans, more like manga. anyway so there tons of fans who just whatch anime, and dont read manga. also likewise with manga(YES I SAID IT RIGHT)

so by saying we HAD to be reading mango./..mongo...congo...MANGA...it just was a little crazy.

anyway, Ive whatched all the dubs on adult swim(i was so psyched when it first came out with cowboy beebop on syndication...) and ive seen some pretty obscure stuff, ive seen the laughable bad u.s.(and canadian) dubs, and ive seen the good u.s. dubs,

I have the complete Mobile suit gundam original series on dvd in japanese...i could go on but i wont.

hm i just had a question? how many of you DONT speak and read FLUENT japanese?(dont lie) so if they never dub any thing or use subtitles...no one could ever understand anime or manga....

You couldn't be called a senior without reading manga,thats just unheard of...Manga is the base of 85%of all anime.Even the fact that you've seen what you've mentioned makes me think of you as a newbie(sorry,its the sad truth)

I can speak very very little Japanese(as in I know enough to get around)But I still like watching subs(but I am more compy with dubs I guess,although 3/4ths of my collection is sub only).

I suppose I meant anime thats not on TV in America...I mean,if you've only seen stuff on Cartoon Network,Fox,ect,you haven't even a taste of whats really out there.

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 07:26 PM
Celestialgirl
What your passion?

Sophomore

I Like reading the manga Ceres and Inuyasha.
I watch Dragonball Z, Ceres, Inuyasha, Yu-Gi-Oh.
I occasionally watch Beyblade.
I just started watching Witch Hunter Robin.
I Like romance/fantasy types of manga and shojo.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 02:08 AM
Celestialgirl is currently offline Click here to Send Celestialgirl a Private Message Find more posts by Celestialgirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

If you ;like Yugioh,try Angelic Layer.Its the same thing as;lets say Yugioh,Beyblade,Digimon,or Pokemon,cept its a shoujo with mecha"dolls"

Witch Hunter Robbin
I suggest Neji,which is a super sweet Kaori Yuki manga.If you wish it,ill send you the scanlations because you can't get it in America.PM me

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 02:22 AM