KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The Official BLEACH series Thread

The Official BLEACH series Thread
Started by: Big_Daddy2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (524): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

The Official BLEACH series Thread

Since no ones put up a Bleach Discussion thread, I figured why not, it's a good series with a lot of strong background details regardings the series Characters, both from Ichigo's world and Soul Society.

If you haven't seen the series, to sum it up, it's basically about this 15 year old boy who has always had this sixth sense...he can sense those in the spirit world parallel to his own. Along comes a Soul Slayer...a hunter who frees souls that are left on our plain of existence...those souls who remain on this earth, are either wanderers or become Soul Eaters. A Soul slayer hunts these eaters, destroying them once the souls that remain on this earth become tainted. Ichigo learns of this after his family is attacked and Rukia introduces herself while trying to save him. She senses his ability and passes on her powers to aid him, and the rest is history.

(please log in to view the image)

Currently, Bleach has 43 eps out, the latest this week called "The Despicable Shinigami".

"Below courage there's nothing"
"I will never let my comrades die"

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 03:35 PM
Big_Daddy2 is currently offline Click here to Send Big_Daddy2 a Private Message Find more posts by Big_Daddy2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

finally a bleach thread! I never thought of making one and it's about time one shows up! Now i've read the first 3 mangas, and i think my favorite guy is Quincy Archer. Do you think you could hook me up with a character bio of each guy? the main guys of course.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 02:07 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

Re: The Official BLEACH series Thread

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Big_Daddy2
Since no ones put up a Bleach Discussion thread, I figured why not, it's a good series with a lot of strong background details regardings the series Characters, both from Ichigo's world and Soul Society.

If you haven't seen the series, to sum it up, it's basically about this 15 year old boy who has always had this sixth sense...he can sense those in the spirit world parallel to his own. Along comes a Soul Slayer...a hunter who frees souls that are left on our plain of existence...those souls who remain on this earth, are either wanderers or become Soul Eaters. A Soul slayer hunts these eaters, destroying them once the souls that remain on this earth become tainted. Ichigo learns of this after his family is attacked and Rukia introduces herself while trying to save him. She senses his ability and passes on her powers to aid him, and the rest is history.

Currently, Bleach has 43 eps out, the latest this week called "The Despicable Shinigami".

Lots of people have been talking about bleach, and I finally found out what it's about. Sounds pretty good. Aren't the series finished yet? I only get boxsets (the whole series) when I purchase anime.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 04:04 AM
jnr hiphop is currently offline Click here to Send jnr hiphop a Private Message Find more posts by jnr hiphop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Re: Re: The Official BLEACH series Thread

Originally posted by DarkRiku13
finally a bleach thread! I never thought of making one and it's about time one shows up! Now i've read the first 3 mangas, and i think my favorite guy is Quincy Archer. Do you think you could hook me up with a character bio of each guy? the main guys of course.

From what I heard, the creators of Naruto developed Bleach. I don't read the mangas, but I understand they do a good enough job artistically producing this anime that it's basically like reading the manga, so, it's either read the manga or watch the anime to some.

Anyways, you like the Quincy Archer Ishida Uryuu. I think my two favs so far is Sado Yasutora...the tall and burly guy who uses the strengths of his arms and fists. cool and Shiba Ganjuu...lmao...this cracks me up so much in the series. He's hilarious to watch, and he's so dam tricksy, I think he's there more or less for comedy relief sometimes.

Um, I don't know if I can give you a brief bio of each of the main characters. That would take some time to explain and im at work right now so I can't risk typing lol stick out tongue

Originally posted by jnr hiphop
Lots of people have been talking about bleach, and I finally found out what it's about. Sounds pretty good. Aren't the series finished yet? I only get boxsets (the whole series) when I purchase anime.

There are 200 pages in 17 Volumes, for those of you manga readers. Whatever that translates to in terms of each particular anime episode I have no clue. Currently, there are 44 episodes of Bleach anime.

P.S:
In the very first post of this thread I stated that Kuchiki Rukia was a Soul Slayer, she is in fact a "Death God". A Soul Reaper and member of Soul Society. I got mixed up.

Last edited by Big_Daddy2 on Aug 9th, 2005 at 04:36 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:34 PM
Big_Daddy2 is currently offline Click here to Send Big_Daddy2 a Private Message Find more posts by Big_Daddy2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Well, I watched eps 44 "Ishida, Power of Limits!"

It was pretty good, we finally got to see Ishida's full potential as a Quincy. I am a little dissappointed regardinghis glove and the fact that Ishida will lose his powers after a while for taking it off. Ah well...after fighting this battle which was incredible, he'll have to face yet another Capt. poor guy.! stick out tongue

What the hell...when is Ichigo coming back? mad

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 06:48 PM
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

It's taken two eps, until last weeks where we get to see Ichigo begin his first day of training. It's actually pretty cool...Ichigo and Yoruichi Shihouin begin their first day of Ichigo's 3 day training to learn his flash step so he can fight the 6th Divisions Kuchiki Byakuya. So...what does Yoruichi do, she calls forth Ichigo's Soul Slayer, Zangetsu, so that Ichigo can find his second form of his sword. But while finding his second form, he has to fight Zangetsu.

And then there was this weeks. They completely left Ichigo and decided to do a flashback episode on Abarai Renji (Co-Captain of 6th Division) and his friend, Rukia. And how they met Kira Izuru (Co-Captain of the 3rd Division), and Hinamori Momo (Co-Captain of 5th Division). It was an alright episode, kinda slow, and uneventful. The cool part was Hinamori's relationship with a Hitsugaya Toushirou. He's very young, and is the 10th division captain. Out of all the captains, I wouldn't mind seeing how he fights. cool

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 03:31 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Hey in which episode does Quincy archer first appear?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 03:55 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Quincy archer? Are you talking about the bow that he uses, if so, I think that's right around eps 22. Right around the time he first wears that weird looking white outfit of his before Ichigo and the rest enter Soul Society. I'm mostly guessing because it's been awhile, but I think it's somewhere in the middle of the series. Hopefully I answered your question.

On another note, I hope this weeks show has more action to it, at least, or Ichigo figures out what the second form of Zangetsu will be.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 03:47 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Watched alot of episodes, read alot of the manga. Now I'm not as far into it as you are, but that's too bad for me. Uryu Ishida is clearly the best. Followed closely by Chad then Rukia, Ichigo and orihime.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 11:01 PM
Quincy
Debaser

best line in bleach : "My Name Is Uryu Ishida. And I...Hate Soul Reapers"

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 10:46 PM
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Ok, now, i'm gonna keep this to the immediate team that travelled with Yoruichi (the Cat). I'd break down who among the Captains and Sub-Captains of Soul Society I think would actually do some major damage, but lets face it people....that'd take way tooo much time big grin

Theres:
Orihime
Chad
Ichigo
Ishida
Yoruichi

In terms of best, I dunno about Ishida owning everyone...

I mean, skill wise he's a long range fighter and so far hasn't shown any other powers regarding spell uses against the Soul Eaters. It seems his powers derange from his bow. He's fast and accurate, and possesses great strength, but not in the body's physical sense. I don't believe he'd last very long in a direct clash with somebody like Kurosaki Ichigo. Not in a long shot, his attacks are too vicious, and I don't think Ishida's been as battle hardened as Ichigo is in the physical sense of speaking. So far, Ichigo's skill rests primarily with his sword attacks. In distance, if Ishida attacked Ichigo in his current state, there might be a stalemate.

Now in terms of strength. Chad takes the cake. I'm absolutely positive he'd hand a major whooping to anyone who fought without the use of weapons. He's a barbarian in the traditional sense, charges head first into the action with nothing but his fists and that strange arm of his. Ichigo would be able to counter, but i've a feeling he wouldn't last. Ishida, probably the same thing.

Orihime...well, she's a team player. She's the healer, and protector, and she does knows martial arts. But she's not very strong physically, and hasn't really mastered her new found spirit fighters or what ever her head piece is. So it's kind of hard to gage her usefulness given she's a bit of a simpleton. She's definitely a supporter.

There's also Yoruichi, the black cat. Since you've not seen the latest eps I can't say anything without spoiling the details, but it would definitely whoop everyone without breakin' a sweat lol.

Last edited by Big_Daddy2 on Sep 6th, 2005 at 08:31 PM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 08:28 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Oh yeah without a doubt Chad is the strongest. He pretty much annihalted squad 11 by himself. In terms of who I believe is the best fighter among the group, my estimation would go like this.

1. Yoruichi - Always thought that this cat would be able to whoop EVERYONE'S ass. Like Yoda.

2. Ichigo Kurosaki- Pretty Much cause he's themain character.

3. uryu Ishida- Not just being a fan-boy about it. In his fight with the fat soul reaper, he was extremely fast. Plus the fact that he shot about 17 Arrows at one time.

4. Chad- Right Arm Of The Giant. It speaks for itself.

5. Orihime- We'll she can heal people. And protect everyone. Hopefully we will be able to see her powers on full-blast.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 01:08 AM
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

That fight was Ishidas first encounter with a Death God. Where are you now in the series Quincy? I haven't seen eps 48 yet, can't wait to get home from practice.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 03:26 PM
Quincy
Debaser

episode 30...32 maybe?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 06:45 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Yoruichi....WOWZA!

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 08:01 PM
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Yep, Yoruichi is pretty sweet looking, Poor Ichigo lol wink "AHHH....what are you doing?.......Put some clothes on!!!!" laughing

Caught eps 48 last night, my initial thoughts:
The Battle between the 10th Division Captain Hitsugaya Toushirou and the 3rd Division Captain Ichimaru Gin was fast and intense. Gin was nowhere near as powerful as i'm sure he could've been even though Toushiro definitely went all out. I'm sure he was holding back which kind of annoyed me, I kept thinkin oh yeah, he's gonna be the annoying bad guy that won't die and keeps coming back like Orochimaru from Naruto and Naruku from Inu Yasha. The fight was all around good.

Reiji coming out of nowhere was a bit of a surprise, but im glad he came to at least offer support to Ichigo as he trains. But I sense a dramatic ending coming soon in the next few eps. Rukias been sentenced to death early, and everyones captured as it is...so Ichigo's one last stand is coming up along with this whole capturing of the sacred weapon caper.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 05:14 PM
Quincy
Debaser

dude check out this wallpaper. IT's hilarious for Bleach fans

Attachment: animepaper_wallpapers_174_1117941726_ibankai1280.jpg
This has been downloaded 2074 time(s).

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 12:07 AM
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Nice...i've got it set as my desktop lol

Silently waiting for the next eps to come out....although i'm pretty sure it's gonna be another slow show.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 01:29 AM
Quincy
Debaser

so number 49 is out. Just not subtitled. I'm anxiously awaiting to see it.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 12:48 AM
Null

I just downloaded, like 27 eps of bleach, with my fast cable modem. Now i got to watch it. i watched a few, and it was good so far.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 04:13 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote