KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Full Metal Alchemist

Full Metal Alchemist
Started by: King Kandy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King Kandy

Full Metal Alchemist

So... the manga is finally over, giving this a definite conclusion, and an ending that was good and not a punch to the nuts like some manga I could mention. So in honor, I decided to make a new thread for this astonishingly good manga that exceeds the shonen genre as a shining example of good writing and just all around fun.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 03:16 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
killermover

Yes, arakawa is a master of shounen and stories. I think it should never end with FMA.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 11:40 PM
killermover is currently offline Click here to Send killermover a Private Message Find more posts by killermover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

It had to end, if he'd kept creating new installments it would have ended up like DBZ, getting pulled far past it's "sell-by date". 108 chapters (where each chapter is the size of two chapters from a regular manga) isn't bad at all, and i'm glad he ended it when he did. This also made it so the new anime would never have to use filler, like most Shonen, or create it's own plot like the first FMA anime, but would be a nice, compact production without loose ends.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 12:04 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
killermover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
It had to end, if he'd kept creating new installments it would have ended up like DBZ, getting pulled far past it's "sell-by date". 108 chapters (where each chapter is the size of two chapters from a regular manga) isn't bad at all, and i'm glad he ended it when he did. This also made it so the new anime would never have to use filler, like most Shonen, or create it's own plot like the first FMA anime, but would be a nice, compact production without loose ends.
Um dude? the authors a chick.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 12:09 AM
killermover is currently offline Click here to Send killermover a Private Message Find more posts by killermover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Oh, didn't know that. Well, you learn something every day.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 12:25 AM
wakkawakkawakka

I actually liked them first anime up to the point where I realized it had nothing to do with the manga.....then I just had a moment of confusion. But a practically fillerless anime would be awesome news to hear.

I'm not a expert on FMA, but maybe its success was due to it not being driven by PIS and and fanservice; then again I don't really know.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 01:03 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I am just nao starting to read the manga.

Is good so far.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 02:14 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by NemeBro
I am just nao starting to read the manga.

Is good so far.

This is one of the only manga I have read that was equally good from start to finish. So enjoy the read.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 02:32 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Quite good manga, my brother introduced me to the anime which diverged after the first few chapters and I realized that the manga was an entirely different beast. I think they are making a new anime now actually following the manga storyline.

Very good manga indeed.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 03:42 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

This is one of the only manga I have read that was equally good from start to finish. So enjoy the read.
I am looking for other manga to read now that I am not in school and has moar time, what other ones are good from start to finish?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 03:50 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I am looking for other manga to read now that I am not in school and has moar time, what other ones are good from start to finish?

I can't really think of any. I think Ranma 1/2 had a pretty consistent run, but it's not for everyone and a lot of people have already read it.

Originally posted by Bentley
Quite good manga, my brother introduced me to the anime which diverged after the first few chapters and I realized that the manga was an entirely different beast. I think they are making a new anime now actually following the manga storyline.

Very good manga indeed.

The new anime has actually been out for I think two years. It's nearly reached the end itself and is pretty much identical.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 06:06 AM
danteiscool

yeah I just finished this manga too. wayyyyyyy better than the first anime and I especially liked how it ended. it sure showed how much time has past since Ed beat Father.

NemeBro: not sure if you're into the whole survival/horror kind of thing or if you've even read it, but I was reading Highschool of The Dead and it's pretty good.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 04:17 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I'm almost finished with the manga

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 08:50 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I skipped around to the final fight with Father since I had no idea what was going on for the most part. The fight itself was pretty good but maybe I should have read through the rest of the series. Oh well!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 11:44 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Go back and reread it NAO.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 02:26 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

I can't really think of any. I think Ranma 1/2 had a pretty consistent run, but it's not for everyone and a lot of people have already read it.

The new anime has actually been out for I think two years. It's nearly reached the end itself and is pretty much identical.

Ranma 1/2...

good times...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 02:57 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Although, I did feel like Ed being able to give up his alchemy was a real cop-out of an ending for bringing Al back. If they'd known that was allowed, they would have done it from the beginning so it kind of makes all the research they did feel pointless. I think they should have either used the other solutions presented in the end chapter (like using Hohenheim) or just left it open ended.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 03:53 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Monster.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 04:02 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Although, I did feel like Ed being able to give up his alchemy was a real cop-out of an ending for bringing Al back. If they'd known that was allowed, they would have done it from the beginning so it kind of makes all the research they did feel pointless. I think they should have either used the other solutions presented in the end chapter (like using Hohenheim) or just left it open ended.
Thanks for spoiling the ending *******.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 04:22 AM
King Kandy

The thing already came out. What do you want me to do, use spoiler tags? Don't be such an AC.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 04:43 AM