KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Boondocks suck, why?

Boondocks suck, why?
Started by: Earthlover

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Earthlover
Andy Dick happened...

Question Boondocks suck, why?

I've seen some episodes, but the story still doesn't make any since to me. What the hell is it sapposed to be all about anyway?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 08:13 PM
Earthlover is currently offline Click here to Send Earthlover a Private Message Find more posts by Earthlover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That's how I feel about Evangelion right now.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 08:19 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

It's supposed to be a satire on race relations but most people don't watch it for that reason. They just watch it for the comedy.

Last edited by Markness on Jul 13th, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 12:09 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Re: Boondocks suck, why?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Earthlover
I've seen some episodes, but the story still doesn't make any since to me. What the hell is it sapposed to be all about anyway?
It's not so much that Boondocks sucks.

It is more that you have bad taste.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 12:19 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Boondocks is a great show. And so is Evangelion, for that matter.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 12:21 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by King Kandy
Boondocks is a great show. And so is Evangelion, for that matter.
Hideki Anno would make a great politician.

In that he can talk for 26 episodes and a movie without actually saying anything.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 12:24 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I never really got too much into the philosophical side of Evangelion nor the well known episodes 25 and 26. But it is a good series.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 12:32 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Re: Boondocks suck, why?

Originally posted by Earthlover

In a nutshell its about a black family from Southside Chicago adjusting to living in a gated community. Most episodes center on outlandish or at times supernatural plots though they can have (almost) normal stories.

It's a great show.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 01:19 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Boondocks is a great show and all but I'm not sure it really fits into the anime category even if some of the fight scenes are based off of anime fights. In short Boondocks is like the Cleaveland show that people actually watch.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 01:45 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

The boondocks comic strip is good as well.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 01:49 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Boondocks is one of those series which is either loved, or hated for the racism or the overuse of the racism (repeatability).

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 01:07 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icecold707

The Boondocks doesnt follow a story exactly but it isnt like family guy wer it goes off topic every 5 seconds its probably the best show on right now but its not anime its more anime inspired blacl people tv smile (im not racist im black)

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 09:34 PM
icecold707 is currently offline Click here to Send icecold707 a Private Message Find more posts by icecold707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

1. boondocks isnt a anime
2. There is no story only anecdotes. Similar to family guy but not for retards.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 09:53 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
1. boondocks isnt a anime

Technically it is, it's just that it's produced in the United States.

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
2. There is no story only anecdotes. Similar to family guy but not for retards.

There are stories, though they only last for the episode (with some exceptions) so that, even though you missed the previous episode it won't rob you of any experience for the upcomming one. The main theme in Family Guy is impulsivity, Family Guy doesn't necessarily have bad jokes but the voice actors are worthless the same sterile uncaring voice over and over again with Stewie being the only exception (he's the only one who can formulate a decent "Noooooooooo!" sound).

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 03:16 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote:
Seth MacFarlane voices four of the show's main characters: Peter Griffin, Brian Griffin, Stewie Griffin and Glen Quagmire.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 11:02 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Seth cannot voice anyone but Stewie effectively maybe? no expression

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 11:06 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

"The Boondocks" is more like "South Park", than it is "Family Guy" and it's funnier/better written than both. The reason it isn't as popular as those two is because it centers around relatable humor, in specific, relatable to mostly Black people. It rips stories from headlines and uses things that can be considered "inside jokes" that only the African American/urban community would get.

...hilarious,but probably not relatable to older (specifically white) people.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 05:01 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

To be fair, neither the writing of Family Guy or South Park are particularly good. The construction of a decent plot follows three simple steps: exposition, climax and denouncement. In short, something is "built up for". Boondocks has that along with great animation and good voice actors.

Thumbs-up to Red Nemesis' avatar, enjoyed the novel?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 06:18 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

It does not suck, it's hilarious. Reminds me on the great 1970's sitcoms that focused on social issues, like All In The Family and it's spinoffs (The Jeffersons, Maude, Good Times.)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 07:20 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Boondocks is better than Family and wayyyyy better than Southpark fact erm

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 07:24 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote