KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Top 25 Anime/Manga Properties in the US

Top 25 Anime/Manga Properties in the US
Started by: killermover

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
killermover

Top 25 Anime/Manga Properties in the US

Well this is no surprise that Naruto is first but I did think that Bleach was still in second place

1. Naruto
2. Once Piece
3. Vampire Knight
4. Fullmetal Alchemist
5. Bleach
6. Death Note
7. Rosario + Vampire
8. Black Bird
9. Yu-Gi-Oh!
10. Black Butler
11. Alice in the Country of Hearts
12. Maximum Ride
13. Soul Eater
14. Yotsuba!
15. Fruits Basket
16. Shugo Chara
17. Negima
18. Ouran High School Host Club
19. Tsubasa
20. Pandora Hearts
21. Ottomen
22. Fairy Tale
23. Hellsing
24. Biomega
25. Dragon Ball

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/18501.html

Old Post Oct 7th, 2010 09:23 PM
killermover is currently offline Click here to Send killermover a Private Message Find more posts by killermover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Naruto hasn't been the same really since Shippuden started, whereas One Piece is seriously picking up.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Here's some '10 sales figures:

Sales Ranking Series by Series
*1, 15,220,095 One Piece
*2, *4,178,598 Naruto
*3, *3,616,942 Fairy Tail
*4, *3,169,048 Fullmetal Alchemist
*5, *3,029,300 Nodame Cantabile
*6, *2,626,932 Bleach
*7, *2,533,556 Kimi ni Todoke
*8, *2,376,060 Gintama
*9, *2,083,508 Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
10, *1,574,448 Bakuman

It's funny how the next four combined don't quite add up to OP smile

Bleach has fallen from it's days of being neck-and-neck with Naruto, and I like it that Fairy Tail's really taken off big.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2010 06:04 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

As geeky as it sounds. I was with Fairy Tail from the start.
One piece is awesome. Those are my top two reads. Not watch. Read.
I don't know how much i can trust a site that spells One Piece as Once Piece or Fairy Tail as Fairy Tale. US charts should have proper spelling.

As for Bleach, I found this on another site that describes it so well.
quote:

Reading Bleach is like seeing a gorgeous woman smiling at you from across a bar. You go over and talk to her, and she strokes your leg and whispers that she wants you to take her back to your place. Feeling thrilled by the prospect of what's up ahead, you whisk her away to your apartment, but instead of getting to the down and dirty, she drops herself on your couch and starts telling you all about her childhood, in intimate detail. You're bored as ****, but this is still a hot broad and she's here in your room, so you wait it out hoping for your reward. But she just keeps talking and talking and talking...meanwhile, her makeup starts to fade off, revealing a kinda busted face. Ok, but whatever, she's still banging in other departments, right? Just hold on for a little bit longer...she finishes talking about all the dumb shit you don't care about, and finally when its time to do the deed, she takes off her dress and her girdle and her big ass gut spills out all over the place. Then she takes off her panties, and bam 13 inch cock right in your face. And as you curl up and cry in the corner of your couch, you wonder how something that was so promising went so horribly, horribly wrong.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2010 06:16 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I'm surprised OP is that high, I guess their 'volume blitz' worked.

Originally posted by DarkC
Naruto hasn't been the same really since Shippuden started, whereas One Piece is seriously picking up.

Though it's still really good IMO.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2010 06:21 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
killermover

Bleach isn't what it used to be. But Fairy Tail isn't all that hot either and the characters are to One Pieceish to be interesting.

As for Naruto, it will always be the most popular manga in the world.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2010 04:08 PM
killermover is currently offline Click here to Send killermover a Private Message Find more posts by killermover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeroking24
Xbox gamertag is z0 dog

Re: Top 25 Anime/Manga Properties in the US

Originally posted by killermover
Well this is no surprise that Naruto is first but I did think that Bleach was still in second place

1. Naruto
2. Once Piece
3. Vampire Knight
4. Fullmetal Alchemist
5. Bleach
6. Death Note
7. Rosario + Vampire
8. Black Bird
9. Yu-Gi-Oh!
10. Black Butler
11. Alice in the Country of Hearts
12. Maximum Ride
13. Soul Eater
14. Yotsuba!
15. Fruits Basket
16. Shugo Chara
17. Negima
18. Ouran High School Host Club
19. Tsubasa
20. Pandora Hearts
21. Ottomen
22. Fairy Tale
23. Hellsing
24. Biomega
25. Dragon Ball

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/18501.html

i can agree on some of the list but dragonball should be one of the first ones on the list beacuse it is one of my favorite old anime tv series of all time

Old Post Oct 8th, 2010 05:02 PM
zeroking24 is currently offline Click here to Send zeroking24 a Private Message Find more posts by zeroking24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Re: Re: Top 25 Anime/Manga Properties in the US

If trends follow Japan, Fairy Tail should be on the way up.

Originally posted by zeroking24
i can agree on some of the list but dragonball should be one of the first ones on the list beacuse it is one of my favorite old anime tv series of all time

This isn't an opinion poll type thing.

Though honestly it's really impressive it's still on there considering it finished coming out years ago even in the US.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2010 05:24 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
killermover

Naruto and One Piece replaced DB some time ago. DB at this point is much a relic as Astro Boy and Speed Racer.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2010 05:27 PM
Q99

Oh, I suppose that DBZ Kai thing or whatever, the cut-down version of the anime, is the reason why it's still up there.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2010 07:41 PM
NemeBro

As for Naruto, it will always be the most popular manga in the world.
Only it's not and no it won't. no expression

Old Post Oct 8th, 2010 08:15 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
killermover

Originally posted by NemeBro
Only it's not and no it won't. no expression
Fact almost everyone knows of Naruto and not One Piece outside Japan.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 01:48 AM
NemeBro

And worldwide OP sells over three times as more.

And... Prove this statement? Or is this just some bullshit statistic you made up on the fly?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 01:53 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

If 4Kids didn't butcher One Piece, it probably would have beat Naruto here in terms of popularity.

I'm surprised YuYu Hakusho wasn't listed. Where I live, it's talked about just as much as DB though that still remains the first anime out of people's mouths when I mention the subject with them. I'm also surprised I don't see Gundam on there, I see DVDs of it available wherever I go.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 04:59 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Esomark
If 4Kids didn't butcher One Piece, it probably would have beat Naruto here in terms of popularity.

I suspect due to being aimed at a younger audience it was always going to lag behind.

quote:
I'm surprised YuYu Hakusho wasn't listed. Where I live, it's talked about just as much as DB though that still remains the first anime out of people's mouths when I mention the subject with them. I'm also surprised I don't see Gundam on there, I see DVDs of it available wherever I go.

YYH first came out awhile ago, though, it's not a new flavor. Ditto Gundam, none of the Gundam series are recent.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 07:21 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

One Piece is still easily in the top 5 outside Japan. Heck, it's even number 2 on that list you posted...

One Piece = best selling manga of all time EVAR = most popular...

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 03:01 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
One Piece is still easily in the top 5 outside Japan. Heck, it's even number 2 on that list you posted...

One Piece = best selling manga of all time EVAR = most popular...

Anime and merchandise are usually what brings in money, since the contract the authors signs with the publishing companies usually last for the entire series. Also if you look at any online manga reading source, Naruto receives more hits than One Piece worldwide.

Manga is quite expensive outside of Japan, ranging from $5 - $20 per volume and it's easily accessible online for free.

The most recent series I went up to date with was Bastard!! and it cost me well over $200. So the people the series is intended for don't have the money and knows how to access it online for free.

The anime is toned down for a younger audience who'll watch the series on a cartoon channel and then eventually get the anime box sets from their parents at Christmas.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 07:11 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Bleach has really REALLY fallen off, yipes.

Last edited by Classic NES on Oct 26th, 2010 at 05:15 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 05:12 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

If we're talking about merchandise, Pokemon is #1.

Hello Kitty only edges Pikachu in Japan, but Pikachu is globally dominant in animu merch.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 10:54 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
If we're talking about merchandise, Pokemon is #1.

Hello Kitty only edges Pikachu in Japan, but Pikachu is globally dominant in animu merch.

Yea, though in Pokemon's case the anime is only one corner of it's vast empire.

And HK doesn't have one at all I think smile Or if it did, well after it became huge.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 11:00 PM
killermover

Naruto is the new Pokemon. In America that is, the current pokemon anime is hardly popular in the USA compared to Shippuden.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 11:41 AM