KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Satanism your veiws

Satanism your veiws
Started by: Filth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Filth

Question Satanism your veiws

Everyone in this forum seems to be making a big deal about it, but here is your chance to say what you think of it. Personaly i think there is no big deal everyone has there own choice of religion and what is so different about satanism.

Dead on the inside and dieing on the outside...

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 07:55 PM
Filth is currently offline Click here to Send Filth a Private Message Find more posts by Filth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

i think its misinterpreted alot....mainly because of ppl who assume its about anti-christianity and spitting on bibles, when its not...

its also stigmatised to do with the music scene surrounding the type of bands like the 1 in ur sig.
It's glorified atheism, nothing more, nothing less...maybe with a sprinkle of buddhism in there

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 08:13 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

First of all, define satanism.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 08:15 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

http://www.satanism101.com/

easy guides there.... alot of the stuff is really funny to read actually like
"if someone bothers you, ask him to stop, if he does not....DESTROY HIM!" haha

thats 1 of the few things that make it stand out as even remotely "evil"

for instance a quote from that site:

"In recent years, we've wasted far too much time explaining that Satanism has nothing to do with kidnapping, drug abuse, child molestation, animal or child sacrifice, or any number of other acts that idiots, hysterics or opportunists would like to credit us with. Satanism is life-loving, rational philosophy that millions of people adhere to. Now we're ready for something that goes quite a few steps beyond just explaining our principles. Every revisionist movement needs a set of goals - guidelines that are clear, concrete, and that will effect significant changes."

also, id like to point out im not actually a satanist at all, im just curious about other religions, since to say i dont beleive in any of them without first knowing about them would be stupid

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Last edited by Df02 on Oct 26th, 2004 at 08:19 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 08:17 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I don't care, they can believe what they want as long as they don't bother me about it or hurt anyone over their beliefs.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 10:21 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have no problem with Satanism, have a few friends who are Satanists.

I have no problem with any belief that doesn't do harm to innocents.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 10:47 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Satanism is harmless. And hey, we need something disfunctional goth kids can believe in to upset their parents.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 01:11 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Satanists are like christians,
Misled, None of it exists so why does it matter?

Ahh how life simplifys itself when your an athiest.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 01:16 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Actually Tpt, a lot of Satanists are atheists, the "Satan" in "Church of Satan" is just kind of a way to point out their dislike of Christianity... There are a lot of different definitions for "Satanism", but the largest "denomination", so to speak, is the Church of Satan, which I don't think actually has anything specifically saying that it is Satan worship. Sort of like Buddhism, a small number of Buddhists believe in a supernatural power, but Buddhism in its purest form is only belief in yourself.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 02:01 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

i think sataism is just as bogus as any other religion out there erm

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 02:15 AM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Yea, but my calling yourself a satanist you acnknowlage the existance of the christian church as you believe in the anti-church, and thus the church, so technicly......

But I know what you mean.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 03:12 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Acknowledging the existence of the church is not the same as believing what the church tells you... Satanists don't believe what the church says...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 03:15 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

well they believe in the general concept of a christian Heaven and Hell, because in teh christian belief they have Satan, only place it is mentioned, So its jsut like being Lutheran.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 03:18 AM
jinXed by JaNx

just a bunch of people who want to be diferent and put themselves above all else. Who cares?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 03:39 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

I read some of those sites on the Church of Satan and stuff, and I think it is more like a philosophy than what we are used to refering to a religion. Satan in their church does not mean the devil... it is everything the church is not. The church encourages conservatisism... satan is indulgence... etc.

I dont know that i totally understand it, but it seems like satan is an inspecific kind of force "recognizing human nature" kind of thing... not so much a deity.

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 05:20 AM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I dont have any more regards for satanism than any other religious set of beliefs.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 05:37 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

But to be a satanist, you have to acknowlage the presence of satan, and therefore acknowlage the existance of god, as satan was first mentioned in the bible.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 08:17 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filth

Satanism is different to what people usaly think, firstaly it is not evil but dark even the church of satan renounced murder and human sacrafice.

Some communitys take it to much as a threat so thay burn "Satanic" music like the one feachured in my sig, these cummunitys are usaly in americans (no insult ment) where thay have hole states who are cristian.

I listen to Black metal and hate christians some would call me a satanist (by the meaning mentiond on this forum) but i am not an evil person, more of a dark and shady person, as the hole satanic religion is smile

Last edited by Filth on Oct 27th, 2004 at 08:40 AM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 08:38 AM
Filth is currently offline Click here to Send Filth a Private Message Find more posts by Filth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filth

i hope that explains what i mean by satanism smile

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 08:39 AM
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

Satan as in satanism is a different concept than Satan in christianity.

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 08:43 AM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote