KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Aphorisms - Comments Wanted

Aphorisms - Comments Wanted
Started by: Philosophicus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smile Aphorisms - Comments Wanted

Here are some aphorisms I've written over the period of a year. It's my way of conveying complex problems in the form of condensed thoughts - enjoy them or hate them, or be bored by them - they all come out of my own sick brain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing is known but itself - and that does not know other than subjective perspective.

The mind is a fully condition dependent uniqueness of personality a propos perspective and rejoins by the random and irrepressible assimilation of locale specific external stimuli in entanglement with the internal routing and positioning method of universal character towards impulse transformed stimuli.

We do not perceive either the real or a fictional nature of Being, but an image neither real nor unreal, reflected at us by the attitude of Being, while the impression of the image in our minds manifests as either raised or etched, driven by our moods.

Satisfaction is dissatisfaction fantasising.

It is not the frequency of the presence of our inabilities that limit us, but rather the frequency of the absence of our abilities.

The more we think, the less we do; the more we do, the less we think.

The condition of life is held together by the destructive activity of opposing forces, which by the remnants of their fighting create new conditions of this same nature over and over.

The one who never thinks about his own existence is no different from an animal or a plant, which just blindly flows with the senseless continuity of everything.

Every high is in turn transcended infinitely: the absolute is that which never is...

Every victor is asking for a natural blow, because nature teases and then smothers all

Satisfaction is the Negative’s opium; dissatisfaction is Hell …

Things are not as they appear, but that they appear.

To the end! Then we will see the next beginning!

Heaven only happens momentarily at times when we experience true bliss, joy and satisfaction, but Hell is a more permanent thing, happening most of the time during the mundane, boring, stressing, painful and discomforting stretches of time – it only ends with death.

Clean here and fill the rest with uncomfortable variety...

Faith in a god and an afterlife in the form of heaven and hell as an ultimatum against rejection of supremacy and submission a propos the divine absolute, is on the whole a belief in a cosmic inventor judging its own invention – which is idiotic at most, and sick in character as it postulates a creator who blames his own creation instead of blaming himself as the cause of all things. What kind of a human being praises a selfish god who says in effect, “Love me, creature of my own making, or burn in Hell!”?

Our most prized horizons remain subservient in mere action and the need to stay on top...

If all beauty is truth and love is beauty, then love is truth...

Love is a very life-like thing; and life is a very love-like thing

Being is a terrible thing

Breathing, eating and procreating are all sick in its healthiness.

Origination is disappearance; Beginnings are ends; Spawning means rotting; Ugliness is beauty; The senses are asleep; The one is the other

This is the soft, hard vacuum of blowing being - the true jet of nothingness...

Being is infinite love for itself; and it is absolute, absurd anxiety…

The record is the absence of a challenge

Lying is the second truth - It is the next best thing...

Drunkenness is pure sobriety in its essential vortex.

There are three colors: One is darkness; one is light; and one is static finality, or being.

The color of truth is absurd purple…

The most terrifying conditions in existence are that of sensation and self-consciousness.

Procreation stems from boredom…fear…and procreation…and death…

The occupied mind finds itself and other things rotten of too much realness and eventually dissolves into itself.

Being is as terrifying as it is beautiful. For mind is the act of two imagined forces: intellectual endeavor and human struggle towards absolute meaning and immortality…

Thoughts are Being dreaming, for when Being is awake it merely happens.

Self-consciousness is does not contemplate in an absolute sense, for that which makes it what it is, is behind every instance of it. It is like the eye which can not see itself. Being therefore is a puerile infant at play - it is mere sensation of itself.

Existential reflection is Mind endeavoring to comprehend or escape himself. Mind is the absolute Form.

Being is desire, hate and fear of itself in infinite and singular action.

Nothing is something, for everything is one thing.

Being is constantly endeavoring to escape itself…

Last edited by Philosophicus on Jan 11th, 2005 at 08:56 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 08:47 AM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

'You speak some shit, you stop, you repeat.'

I think Plato said that...

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 08:49 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interesting one - signifying the futility of thinking! But I doubt whether Plato said that.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 08:52 AM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry...I was paraphrasing what he related to Socrates regarding the futility of knowledge in a world full of idiots:

'Ignorance, the root and stem of every evil.'

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 08:54 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Socrates and Plato - bit of a mystery - did Plato ever say anything himself or did he only employ the teachings of Socrates in his dialogs?

As in: "Socrates talked, but wrote nothing and Plato wrote but said nothing"

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 09:53 AM
peterKSL
In a different dimension

"The one who never thinks about his own existence is no different from an animal or a plant, which just blindly flows with the senseless continuity of everything."

That I believe you are talking about sefishness... and according to Bardock42, he refered that selfishness is stored mostly in your sub-conscious mind, and I myself have thought about it and I must agree with it, that everyone has been affected by it, when one has been taught or one has gain the ability to understand how one can cherish oneself, so as to say that your that proverb hardly will happen.... as for my own theory, I think selfishness itself is a virus... you need it to survive, but yet people die from it..... but I must say... your proverbs are impressive.... but for an age like yours, it's no surprise at all to me....
keep up your work...!!

Feel me not.. See me not.. I'm just an illusion..

Last edited by peterKSL on Jan 11th, 2005 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 09:41 PM
peterKSL is currently offline Click here to Send peterKSL a Private Message Find more posts by peterKSL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think he is referring to selfishness, even though i got a few theories aboot that.

You are not telling nobody nothing

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 09:58 PM
42Bardock is currently offline Click here to Send 42Bardock a Private Message Find more posts by 42Bardock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've never thought of it as selfishness, but I suppose one can compare self-consciousness to selfisness (Humans superior to non-humans).

Thank you to peterKSL and 42Bardock for your interest in my posts. You belong to the few who actually makes the effort to read it and to try to understand it, unlike the other ignoramouses who merely refer to my philosophy as pseudo-intellectual mumbo jumbo, just because they don't understand it.

My sincere thanks and respect to you guys.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 07:31 AM
finti

quote:
unlike the other ignoramouses who merely refer to my philosophy as , just because they don't understand it.
na they refer to it pseudo-intellectual mumbo jumbo cause thats what it is, it sure aint philosophy

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 08:36 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey, Norseman, go read cartoons rather...you're obviously not a philosophic type.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 08:45 AM
finti

quote:
Hey, Norseman, go read cartoons rather...you're obviously not a philosophic type.
just like you then, diffrence I dont try to fool others into believing that I am

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 08:48 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't try to fool others, I am sincere in what I write...I honestly think very deeply and passionately over philosophical problems and then account for them in my own way.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 08:53 AM
finti

you are too easy to wind up man, at least try to see when people are giving you are hard time just for the hell of it

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 08:56 AM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Make use of the Private Messages!

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 08:58 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry about that Storm - I'll no longer respond to finti.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 09:02 AM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote:
Originally posted by Philosophicus
I've never thought of it as selfishness, but I suppose one can compare self-consciousness to selfisness (Humans superior to non-humans).

Thank you to peterKSL and 42Bardock for your interest in my posts. You belong to the few who actually makes the effort to read it and to try to understand it, unlike the other ignoramouses who merely refer to my philosophy as pseudo-intellectual mumbo jumbo, just because they don't understand it.

My sincere thanks and respect to you guys.

That's a little presumptious.

'The mind is a fully condition dependent uniqueness of personality a propos perspective and rejoins by the random and irrepressible assimilation of locale specific external stimuli in entanglement with the internal routing and positioning method of universal character towards impulse transformed stimuli. '

is about as far from an aphorism as it gets.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 10:57 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brandino

heres mine
There isnt an absolute answer but infinate answers and truths to be had

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 07:48 AM
brandino is currently offline Click here to Send brandino a Private Message Find more posts by brandino Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do you say so?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 07:57 AM
peterKSL
In a different dimension

he's merely saying that because everyone has too much opinions and he's just too busy to hear them all.... laughing out loud

Feel me not.. See me not.. I'm just an illusion..

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 08:51 AM
peterKSL is currently offline Click here to Send peterKSL a Private Message Find more posts by peterKSL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Iwas refering to Victor's post, not Brandino's

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 09:19 AM