KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » What do you consider human?

What do you consider human?
Started by: AdventChild

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

What do you consider human?

What do you consider human....Is it something that thinks for it's self has feelings doesn't really go by instinct develops technology and can build things.... is that what we as people today consider human.....what if we made robots that did all this stuff would they be considered human?....

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 05:14 PM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

A mammal that evoled so far we surpass our other animal counterparts.
YEAH!!!!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 06:28 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peterKSL
In a different dimension

humans are one type of species, the same goes for dogs, and other species... if a robot is to made like a human, it can only be a replica and not called a human...

Feel me not.. See me not.. I'm just an illusion..

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 06:52 PM
peterKSL is currently offline Click here to Send peterKSL a Private Message Find more posts by peterKSL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

Going beyond the biological, one definition of a
Human, is one that has a sense of moral, and
can think of, and even die for, things and ideas
that go beyond his biological necessities (like
food and sex).

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 07:11 PM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sicky666
IA!

Humanity is just a manifestation and a fase, but indeed it can think and kill, do you never consider why?

being nothing at all; divinity in peace.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 02:25 AM
Sicky666 is currently offline Click here to Send Sicky666 a Private Message Find more posts by Sicky666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

To be human is a quagmire.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 02:30 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

I suspect what you are truly asking is "what characteristics define personhood?"

I believe the fundamental characteristics of personhood to be intelligence and self-awareness.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 08:48 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I suspect what you are truly asking is "what characteristics define personhood?"

I believe the fundamental characteristics of personhood to be intelligence and self-awareness.

How do we know that animals are not self-aware? And most have high intelligence in respect to their species. My dog is self-evident of both!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 01:22 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peterKSL
In a different dimension

Originally posted by Reborn Again
How do we know that animals are not self-aware? And most have high intelligence in respect to their species. My dog is self-evident of both!

I totally agreee with u in this...

Feel me not.. See me not.. I'm just an illusion..

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 01:47 PM
peterKSL is currently offline Click here to Send peterKSL a Private Message Find more posts by peterKSL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

No robots or clones are humans nor monkeys.We ourself is human!jm

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 08:49 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Wow. Really deep.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 09:00 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Originally posted by Ketchuptome
A mammal that evoled so far we surpass our other animal counterparts.
YEAH!!!!

The thing about evolution is, a species can never be "better" than another. For example, a bear may seem superior to a blueberry, but in fact neither is "better." Each is adapted perfectly to its environment, and if its environment changes, it will in turn. Humans are a bit of an exception though, since the thing that gives us an edge also allows us to change our environment... erm

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 09:04 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

no

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 09:11 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
no

no to what? I made a lot of pretty outrageous claims in that post missy, be more specific. geek

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 09:32 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Originally posted by Darth Revan
The thing about evolution is, a species can never be "better" than another. For example, a bear may seem superior to a blueberry, but in fact neither is "better." Each is adapted perfectly to its environment, and if its environment changes, it will in turn. Humans are a bit of an exception though, since the thing that gives us an edge also allows us to change our environment... erm

You mention Evolution and to me that has nothering to do with the topic.JM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 09:35 PM
Darth Revan
-

Well it does... Because humans are a product of evolution, and the topic is about what a human is.

hu·man
n.
A member of the genus Homo and especially of the species H. sapiens.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 09:39 PM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

It may say that but if you belive in creation it would be a different story.JM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 10:25 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Originally posted by Darth Revan

Comparing a Bear to a Blueberry? laughing

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 10:34 PM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Reborn Again

It is not simply a matter of being self-aware but being aware of your self-awareness.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 11:52 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sicky666
IA!

But our evolution is like a bug-evolution compared to that of other species, look at the gray aliens, they found us but we didn't find them yet...

being nothing at all; divinity in peace.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 11:53 PM
Sicky666 is currently offline Click here to Send Sicky666 a Private Message Find more posts by Sicky666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote