KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Movement

Movement
Started by: Wonderer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonderer

Movement

The only purpose of existence or of life is motion...to move...not to become inert...not to become bored...to experience momentuosly...not to be static.

Please discuss.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 09:23 AM
Wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send Wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by Wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
piccola_nuvola

I personally don't think that movement is a purpose...it just happens, and we can't control it most of the times: like movement of particels, etc.

Life is a journey....travel...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 09:35 AM
piccola_nuvola is currently offline Click here to Send piccola_nuvola a Private Message Find more posts by piccola_nuvola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Or trees. Or water. Or air.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 09:43 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Some move only mentally....of spiritually.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 09:51 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Moving stranger,
Does it really matter,
As long as you're not afraid to feel?
Touch me, hold me.
How my open arms ache!
Try to fall for me.

How I'm moved.
How you move me
With your beauty's potency.
You give me life.
Please don't let me go.
You crush the lily in my soul.
- Kate Bush

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 09:56 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

Yes, I mean human purpose...it is all about movement.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 09:56 AM
Wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send Wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by Wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Well if we take Einsteins Model and believe Time to be a fourth Dimension.....therre's not really movement at all......

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 10:05 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by finti
Moving stranger,
Does it really matter,
As long as you're not afraid to feel?
Touch me, hold me.
How my open arms ache!
Try to fall for me.

How I'm moved.
How you move me
With your beauty's potency.
You give me life.
Please don't let me go.
You crush the lily in my soul.
- Kate Bush

Great lyrics..... big grin

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 10:21 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atlantis001
The one without a name

Originally posted by Bardock42
Well if we take Einsteins Model and believe Time to be a fourth Dimension.....therre's not really movement at all......

Yeah, because we would be seeing the universe outside time, and movement dedends on it, but is it possible to "see" outside of time ?
This way the every changing universe would be static.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 01:16 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

But human purpose in an existential sense is still against inertia, it's towards motion if we think about the meaning of our life. Scientifically you might be able to argue against motion on a physical level, but we're not talking science here and the truth in an absolute sense will never come through the limited investigation of the physical means.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 01:23 PM
Atlantis001
The one without a name

Yes, I meant it only on a physical level.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 01:51 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

Time is not, but movement is.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 02:43 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Wonderer
Time is not, but movement is.

Time is space.
Scale is space.

In the nothingness, all things happen at the same time.
In the nothingness, all things are the same size.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 02:46 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

Everything is one solid and static continuity of being. All is one and the same.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 02:48 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Everything is one solid and static continuity of being. All is one and the same.

I use the word nothingness to describe what I think you are talking about. However, nothingness is not empty.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 02:54 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

I agree. Nothingness is just a mirror of Being...a recoil as Sartre puts it.
God is just an empty name people give to it. I'm an atheist who believe I am God of myself.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 02:59 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Well from the outside of a superuniverse looks like a multidimensional version of a very packed polyhedral...or like a box of balloons pushed together until all the sides that they now have are touching in like a multidimensional way...but our minds cannot fathom what is beyond the 3 dimensions we live in..it would look like a labyrinth from the inside out...that would be our little carbon view point....you are moving through it...being pushed through it by what we call time....So, time is moving you through the space.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 10:20 PM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

The only purpose of existence or of life is motion...to move...not to become inert...not to become bored...to experience momentuosly...not to be static.

Please discuss.

If one were to stay still a long time, one shall die

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 10:51 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
If one were to stay still a long time, one shall die

What if you moved slower than stop?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 05:04 AM
Atlantis001
The one without a name

Movement only happens in relation to somethig else, there is no absolute movement, our movement is with relation to our past location, in other words, we move in relation to time. If you take the whole time axis into consideration, then nothing moves.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 04:59 PM