KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Signature Help/Tutorials

Signature Help/Tutorials
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (99): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

Signature Help/Tutorials

Okay, I brought this idea to Lil, and she thought it was a good idea, so here goes!

This thread is for anyone who needs help in making a signature or avatar. Just post your questions in here yes Any sort of questions are okay, from Photoshop tutorials to how to make animations to how to make transparent images...etc.

However, this thread isn't for requesting sigs or avatars, just requesting help on them.

If you also know a cool tutorial for how to do a special effect, post it in here, too yes

Edit: Please do NOT PM me directly for help. I get enough PMs a day as it is.

Since this is asked nearly on a daily basis, here is how to get your sig under 50kb and retain the quality!

In Photoshop: Go to File > Save For Web. Make sure it is showing Optimized View. Select JPG and lower the quality until the size it says in the corner is below 50kb. If you want to save as a GIF, then lower the number of colors until the size reads below 50kb.

In Paint Shop Pro: Go to File > Save As, and chose JPG. Underneath Save and Cancel is a button that says Options. Click this, and adjust the quality slider. This you'll have to guess-and-check on. If you're saving as a GIF, then go to Color > Decrease Color Depth and set it to 256 colors.

Current Signature Limits

540 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall; maximum 50kb file size.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Last edited by Peach on Feb 27th, 2007 at 02:27 AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 04:45 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'll start out by posting a quick tutorial I wrote on how to make a signature image transparent smile

To do it in Paint Shop Pro, make your sig image as you want it. With the paint bucket tool, color everything you want to be transparent a color that doesn't show up anywhere in the image (neon green is a safe bet most of the time). Then go to the colors menu, and all the way the bottom is "Decrease Color Depth". Decrease it to 256 colors. Then again under the colors menu is "Set Palette Transparency". Select this, and when the first box pops up hit okay. When the second one comes up, click "Set the transparency value to pallete entry", and then (BEFORE hitting okay), click on an area in the image that has the color you want to be transparent. Then click okay, and save your signature as a GIF file.

How to do it in Photoshop will be posted once I remember how to do it...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 04:52 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeAdLy KaRnAgE
ThEcReEpEr

i have a good site that has awsome tutorials can i post it

definatly made by me

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 06:35 PM
DeAdLy KaRnAgE is currently offline Click here to Send DeAdLy KaRnAgE a Private Message Find more posts by DeAdLy KaRnAgE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
momoko
the feeling is criminal

I'm pretty sure you can.

made by lana

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 06:58 PM
momoko is currently offline Click here to Send momoko a Private Message Find more posts by momoko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by DeAdLy KaRnAgE
i have a good site that has awsome tutorials can i post it

Ummm...I don't know if you can post the link itself (check with Lil on that one), but you can feel free to post some of the tutorials from that site.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 07:55 PM
DeAdLy KaRnAgE
ThEcReEpEr

i think u can ive sean it bunches of times hear it is its the best siite i found it has anamation and just plane averything
www.good-tutorials.com

definatly made by me

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 08:57 PM
DeAdLy KaRnAgE is currently offline Click here to Send DeAdLy KaRnAgE a Private Message Find more posts by DeAdLy KaRnAgE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

yes..not everything is considered spamming you know smile

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 09:06 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Golden Moon

I've just downloaded paint shop pro 8
I know how to use paint shop pro 6
there is not much diference but i can't find out how to soften the edges with a brush like psp 6
can anyone tell me??? confused

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 10:20 AM
Golden Moon is currently offline Click here to Send Golden Moon a Private Message Find more posts by Golden Moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Golden Moon

oh ok i found it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 10:37 AM
Golden Moon is currently offline Click here to Send Golden Moon a Private Message Find more posts by Golden Moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

How to make really cool water in Photoshop (courtesy n-sane.net wink):

1. Create a new image at 500x500 pixels with a transparent background.

2. Go Filter > Render > Clouds (make sure your foreground color is black and your background color is white before you do this)

3. Go Filter > Render > Difference Clouds. Press Ctrl-F 5 times. (Ctrl-F repeats the last action)

4. Go Filter > Blur > Motion Blur at 0 degrees and 80 strength. Press Ctrl-F.

5. Go Filter > Sketch > Chrome with a detail of 4 and smoothness of 7.

6. Duplicate the layer.

7. Press Ctrl-L to bring up the lighting menu. Use around the following settings:

Input levels: 118, 1.00, 126
Output levels: 0, 255

8. Go Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur with a strength of 4. Press Ctrl-F.

9. Change the layer's blending mode to screen.

10. Select the original layer. Go Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation and use the following settings:

Hue: 185
Saturation: 41
Lightness: 0
Colorize: checked

(that's the color the site says to use... Personally I think it's a little too artificial looking, but you can mess with that however you want.)

11. Duplicate the original layer and set the new layer's blending mode to overlay.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 02:16 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Oooh...I'll have to try that...yes

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 02:27 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I tried it, hitting "Ctrl - F5" a few times does nothing, and I am unable to select "Hue and Saturation".

This is why I don't use Paintshop. Too technical.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 04:29 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

This is in Photoshop...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 04:37 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

and also... It's actually command-F on my computer, so that might be it. I thought it was just because I have a Mac but I could be wrong.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 04:38 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

There you have it, and I was using Photoshop, on my PC, that was a typo on my part.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 06:53 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeAdLy KaRnAgE
ThEcReEpEr

hers a little advisee just a suggestion u might wunu post a preview of wut it would look like so u dont go and waste ur time working on it and then you hate just a suggestion

definatly made by me

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 12:18 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I use photodraw for my sigs, so if anyone needs tips with that I can help

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 09:01 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

I have Paint Shop Pro 8, and I'd like to know how to increase resolution on a picture after enlarging it significantly.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 06:16 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theterminatorx
judment day will come!

how do i show a sig i made

Old Post Jul 25th, 2004 09:17 PM
theterminatorx is currently offline Click here to Send theterminatorx a Private Message Find more posts by theterminatorx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theterminatorx
judment day will come!

forget what i said above this post i know how to know

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 03:47 AM
theterminatorx is currently offline Click here to Send theterminatorx a Private Message Find more posts by theterminatorx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote