KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Official Signature Contest - Discussion Thread

Official Signature Contest - Discussion Thread
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

Upcoming Signature Contest - Please Read!

Okay, so I'm planning on running a signature contest very soon (thanks to Barker and Digimark suggesting it), and I'm doing things a bit differently than usual.

Normally, people enter, and we judge first, second, and third place in a few categories, as well as giving a theme.

Well, the idea for this (courtesy of Digimark) is to do tiered judging. Basically, I'm going to have two or three categories you can enter in - and you can only enter in ONE. The categories are skill-based - there'll be a beginner tier, for those who are new to Photoshop or sig-making, or feel they're not good enough to compete with some of the more skilled makers, and then an advanced tier, for those who have been doing this for a while and are confident in their skills. There might be an intermediate tier, depending on interest.

The reason I'm doing this as I think it will encourage more people to participate, and it gives people who are new to this a better chance of winning something and makes it seem so that there's actually a point to entering if you know you're not great. And it makes it more fun for all because it's more fair for the newbies, and it encourages those in the advanced tier to go all out.

Also, if you're not sure where you should compete, feel free to ask and we'll place you.

Digimark volunteered to help, and Tattoo said he'd judge if I was going to do a new contest soon, so I don't think I'll really need more judges but I'll see, depending on how many enter.

I'm not really planning on doing any sort of signup for this, though if anyone is interested or has any questions, please post or ask here!

Edit: The contest has started! All entries should be posted in the Official Entry Thread. Any entries posted here will not count! Be sure to read all of the rules in that thread before entering!

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Last edited by Peach on May 4th, 2008 at 08:44 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 04:23 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I have a question will the finals be taking the top sigs from all 2/3 tiers or will there be separate finals for different tiers?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 04:36 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

This is a contest, not a tournament. Everyone can enter, and then the judges vote on who they think is the first, second, and third place of each tier. So there is no finals or anything.

Tournaments take place in the Sig Duel forum and we'll probably do one in a few months.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 04:38 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

so everyone and anyone can enter....thats much better...will we have just one overall theme?....sorry I am asking alot of stupid questions. embarrasment

It's just that I have never done anything like this before.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 04:43 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Sometimes we go with a theme, sometimes it's just open and you can do whatever you want. If there is a theme, it'll be announced in the main threads once I start it going.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 04:44 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Okay thank you very much, I look forward to the contest and updates about it soon.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 04:47 PM
Peach
mordrem

No problem.

If you're interested, during the last contest Digimark collected all of the links from previous contests and tournaments.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...764#post9196764

This is going to be the 8th Signature Contest on here stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 04:51 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Thank you, this will be good for preparation. smile

Are the contests yearly?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 04:54 PM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

I know you're still getting everything together Lana but I will definitely compete in one of the contests. Awesome idea!

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 05:02 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Thank you, this will be good for preparation. smile

Are the contests yearly?

They're not really set on any real schedule, but for a while we were swapping between contests and tournaments every six months, so it'd be a year between contests.

Originally posted by Röland
I know you're still getting everything together Lana but I will definitely compete in one of the contests. Awesome idea!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 05:04 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

thanks Peach (still getting used to that)

I will definitely be entering this contest, I can hardly wait.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 05:06 PM
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

I almost didn't realize who you were Lana (aka Peach, aka Killer Bunny), so can I be in the beginner bracket stick out tongue So when do you have an idea of a start date?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 06:52 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

I hereby promise to enter a sig on time.

Only in the beginner bracket with Pitt.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 09:50 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

Can there be a Piggle bracket where only I can enter and win?

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 03:06 AM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

I'm not entering the advance bracket

will there be a thread in the OTF and GDF about it?
Or maybe an announcement to all sections of KMC?
seem more blood is needed here...

VAMPIRUS!!!!

Last edited by BakaXero on Apr 11th, 2008 at 06:46 AM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 06:41 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
Can there be a Piggle bracket where only I can enter and win?

What if you divide by zero and don't enter?

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 09:29 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

This forum died.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 07:58 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Alliance
This forum died.

Yet we can still have contests if we want.

stick out tongue

Anyway, can I volunteer to judge for this one? My PS is on the fritz (my entire PC is well under 100% these days, and it's stolen my PS's ability to run smoothly, or at all sometimes)...I'd have to use Gimp, and it's been years since I did that with any skill.

Also, spread the word.

Last edited by Digi on Apr 13th, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 10:56 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I already assumed you were going to judge, hence me mentioning you volunteered to help stick out tongue

And wooo, that's "check this out!" thread number two in the OTF now big grin

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 02:36 AM
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

Originally posted by Barker
What if you divide by zero and don't enter?

Fine!

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 02:42 AM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote