KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Martian Manhunter v Professor X

Martian Manhunter v Professor X
Started by: hoorayforpeepee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
manorastroman

Miffed Martian Manhunter v Professor X

it has been argued on other threads ALOT. this is the official battle.

in a telepathic battle, who do you think would win?

and please, use evidence/examples/logic.

if you think MM would win by THAT much, throw the good professor into cerebra.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 08:43 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

I dunno... I DISTINCTLY remember a few years back (nineties) that Charles mentally controlled and mindwiped a village of about 300 people. And I remember just recently someone on here posted that the Shadow King was some psychic manifestation of the evil energy of the word, and that Charles has beaten him before. I also know that he was stronger mentally than the Exemplar Bedlam, who is the host of Ikonn who was the God of the Mind. I dunno, I really WANT to believe the Prof is stronger, I just can't present much evidence.

Last edited by Khellendros on Mar 7th, 2005 at 09:24 AM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 09:21 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: Martian Manhunter v Professor X

quote: (post)
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
it has been argued on other threads ALOT. this is the official battle.

in a telepathic battle, who do you think would win?

and please, use evidence/examples/logic.

if you think MM would win by THAT much, throw the good professor into cerebra.

Easy, Martian Manhunter.

He is a telepath of a level beyond Professor X, even when Professor X has the use of Cerebro/Cerebra.
And not only does MM have more power on a quantitative basis, but he is also better qualitatively. He has shown far higher levels of minute control, while being able to up the ante to a far greater magnitude of raw power.

For example, Xavier needs the use of Cerebro/Cerebra to touch the minds of individuals beyond a certain area. With the use of the machine, set to its highest level and with considerable strain on Xavier, he is able to scan the globe. Not control the entire world, just scan it.
He is also able to control groups of people, and do such tasks. Furthermore he has some rather powerful psychic attacks, such as the ones he used against Magneto when he basically lobotomized him, or the one he tried (in vain) against Galactus when he went against the planet eater in his cosmic form in a failed bid to prevent the destruction of the Skrull homeworld. And he is (or was) able to communicate with his love in the Shiar homeworld, which is many light years away (although it should be noted that this is because the two have a psychic bond that enables them to do this, plus the Queen is Shiar. Xavier might be able to touch the mind of his girlie light years away, but he cannot touch Jean Grey when she is one STATE away without having to use Cerebra. Thus the Shiar Queen phenomenon is limited only the queen).
Thus, Xavier is no slouch. He is the strongest human telepath in both Marvel and DC, and that is a fact.

But note ….the greatest HUMAN telepath.

Martian Manhunter is considerably better than Xavier. He is said to be by far the most dangerous member of the JLA. The first statement was according to Superman, who said that there are around 5 people in the universe he would rather no fight, and that the Martian Manhunter was at the top of that list. Green Lantern also said the same thing, that MM was basically the most lethal individual on the entire planet. And the Guardians of Oa basically stated the same thing (note: we’re talking about the guardians of Oa here).

MM basically, in a bid to find out who was responsible for an act of atrocity, turned himself into a tree (he is a shape shifter) and touched the minds of every single person on earth. In seconds. Without the aid of any machine!
He can basically reach any person on earth AS WELL as the moon. His range may be further than that, but the maximum range written down in a comic is basically the entire earth plus the moon.

Jjon Jonz also reached out and forced world peace (Israelis became bossom buddies with Palestinians), lobotomized all criminals in the globe (including Lex Luthor), and once he had gotten totally carried away by his evil side mentally controlled the military to launch nuclear ICBMs.

Not only is he telepathic, he is also an empathy of a high magnitude of power. For example he has sensed things that the only other person who could was the Angel Zauriel. Is telepathic abilities are just not human (after all, he himself is NOT human).

The main thing about Jjon Jonz is that he is a pacifist. When (in JLA: Trial by Fire) he let go of his pacifist nature and became his TRUE self, he basically defeated the entire JLA, killed off all the White Martians by himself, nuked a city, and almost destroyed the world.

There is also a telepathic attack that all Martians have that is supposed to be unstoppable. However this would not be a factor since it can only be used once, and MM already used it back in his homeworld.

Conclusion: MM is far more powerful than Xavier. Even if Xavier has Cerebro/Cerebra it would make little difference.

And one more thing (and this is of particular importance here).
Xavier has problems touching the minds of shape shifters. For example Mystique is largely invisible to him due to the fact that her mind is in a state of flux.
Guess who is the JLA’s number one shapeshifter: Plastic man, ofcourse.
Well, guess who is number two! Martian Manhunter!

Xavier wouldn’t even be able to get a lock on MM!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 10:10 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Im sure there has been a thread about this already

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 11:41 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 11:50 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Like I mentioned in the other mm/cx thread:
MM's telepathy seems more combat orientated, better for using in fights.
Xaviers telepathy is more passive but ultimately more powerful with a larger range, but he rarely is able to use it in combat, as he needs to concentrate

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 04:24 PM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Use the link eleveninches posted.

Closing.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 07:18 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote