KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman runs the martial arts gauntlet.

Batman runs the martial arts gauntlet.
Started by: Sentry

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Batman runs the martial arts gauntlet.

Ok, pure martial arts, hand to hand combat. No weapons and no utility belt. After each bout Batman heals to 100%. How far does he get?

Jubilee(warm up)

Black Widow II(Captain Yelena Belova)

Black Widow 1(Natasha Romanov)

The Punisher

Robin(Timothy Drake)

Connor Hawke

Elektra

Daredevil

Cassandra Cain(Bat Girl)

Nightwing

Deadpool

Wolverine

Captain America

Deathstroke

Taskmaster

Shang Chi

Hand to Hand, close quarter combat. Each battle takes place in a neutral setting. It takes place in park with a large open space, and level ground/grass. How far can he get? Can he through all of them?

Debate.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 07:47 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Does logan have adamantium?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 07:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd put Black Widow I (don't know about II) over Punisher,
as hse is probably a better-trained figher.

Nightwing is a bit too high, should be lower than DD and
Elektra I think.

Also, Wolverine, a 100+ year old super-trained fighter,
should be higher than Captain America, and maybe
Deathstroke.

Batman stopped by Captain America.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 08:05 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MatchesMalone

Hey, Sentry, do Wolverine and Deadpool have their healing?

Deathstroke kinda messes up any martial arts tournament. He has enhanced speed, strength, reflexes, and uses 90% of his brain. He would beat the living hell out of Batman and any other fighter that doesn't have some kind of enhanced abilities. But, if you take away Deathstroke's enhanced abilities, it is pretty much impossible to guess how good he would do. Considering that I have never seen him operate as a regular guy.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 08:41 AM
MatchesMalone is currently offline Click here to Send MatchesMalone a Private Message Find more posts by MatchesMalone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Here I changed the order a bit.

Jubilee(warm up)

The Punisher

Robin(Timothy Drake)

Connor Hawke

Elektra

Nightwing

Daredevil

Cassandra Cain(Bat Girl)

Deadpool

Captain America

Wolverine

Deathstroke

Taskmaster

Shang Chi

How's that? I know Deadpool has beaten Taskmaster before, but if they fought again, Taskmaster would hand him his A$$. I believe Shang Chi is the greatest hand to hand combatant there, that's why he's last. It goes from the top to bottom. Weakest to strongest or best. This is bone claw Wolverine. Sorry for not clarifying. Yes they have their healing powers. Even though they have their healing powers doesn't mean they can't be knocked out. What I've heard from people on this forum, Batman has beaten Deathstroke before, so that's why he's on this list.

Last edited by Adam Warlock on Apr 8th, 2005 at 08:52 AM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 08:49 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

If all he has to do is beat them down for a few seconds (so as to get buy guys with healing factors) then he gets all the way up to Shang Chi and then loses.

Elektra and DD are fine where they are (in relevance to Nightwing.)

Bats has already taken Deathstroke. Slade said something like "If it weren't for my enhanced senses I wouldn't even be able to keep up" And i think that was in his comic where he beat Bats.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 08:52 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

Re: Batman runs the martial arts gauntlet.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sentry
Ok, pure martial arts, hand to hand combat. No weapons and no utility belt. After each bout Batman heals to 100%. How far does he get?

Jubilee(warm up)(no martial arts history)

The Punisher(no martial arts history other than marines)

Robin(Timothy Drake)

Connor Hawke

Elektra

Daredevil

Cassandra Cain(Bat Girl)

Nightwing

Deadpool

Wolverine

Captain America(no martial arts History)

Deathstroke

Taskmaster

Shang Chi

Hand to Hand, close quarter combat. Each battle takes place in a neutral setting. It takes place in park with a large open space, and level ground/grass. How far can he get? Can he through all of them?

Debate.

well I added some notes to your joke of a gauntlet
and no Shredder or other TMNT characters it's too easy for him.
what a joke.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 11:02 AM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Its basically Batman warming up until he gets to Captain America. They have stale mated each other before so it could go either way.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:32 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Deathstroke possess healing abilities which level is near to that of Wolverine, DeadPool is actually immortal and heal faster than Logan, the main point is that both those 3 killing machines possess a level of endurance and stamina that Batman can only dream to possess.
He'll tire and then get shattered into the ground.Plus you're forgetting that being hitted by Logan fists covered by adamantium is not a good thing.
Interesting you're assuming that in a rematch DP will be beaten from TaskMaster.Pool is crazy and bastard, he would probably outsmarth TM through using the valzer to fight him instead of macarena.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:38 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BENITO
well I added some notes to your joke of a gauntlet
and no Shredder or other TMNT characters it's too easy for him.
what a joke.

You are kidding? Batman would waste the turtles...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heracles

Um Ive got a few issues of DareDevil where he beats the Taskmaster hand to hand.......

On that list you have Deadpool, Capt, Deathstroke, Shang Chi and Wolverine all these guys have a good chance of taking Batman hand to hand and either winning or stalemating him just depends which one he meets first.

I say he gets to Deadpool but can't get past him.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:54 PM
Heracles is currently offline Click here to Send Heracles a Private Message Find more posts by Heracles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Captain America, Taskmaster, and Shang Chi are the only ones here
who can conceivably beat Batman in a strict hand-to-hand setting.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 04:00 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Good call Zahit. I'll agree with you on that.

Batman is one of the coolest heroes ever. How can he be such a legend, and so successful, with no power?

Cos...

He's the Man! big grin

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 04:09 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Taskmaster is usually underwritten. He has photographic reflexes.
He can mimic any actions he studies, except superhuman actions.
Batman will study his style, then suddenly the dude switches to
another. This will definitely give him problems.

Last edited by Zahit on Apr 8th, 2005 at 04:20 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 04:18 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

I'd say, Elektra, Deadpool and Wolverine could beat him, not every time, but they definately have the tools to do it.

I also think that Daredevil, Captain America, Taskmaster and Shang Chi can all beat Bats in hand to hand combat. I'll add Black Panther to that list as well.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 04:42 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Crap, I forgot about T'challa.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 04:47 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

These people can beat Batman hand to hand:

Connor Hawke

Daredevil

Cassandra Cain(Bat Girl)

Captain America

Deathstroke

Taskmaster

Shang Chi

Not to mention people like Black Panther, Shiva, Karate Kid, Richard Dragon and Iron Fist.

Batman is a good martial artist..very good. But it's not his martial arts that makes him the best at what he does. It's EVERYTHING. This thread is limited to martial arts - Batman would lose more often than you think.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 05:38 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Stick Iron Fist at the end of the list as he would be able to kick any of these guys asses.......even Shang Chi

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 10:57 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by Sentry
Here I changed the order a bit.

Jubilee(warm up)

The Punisher

Robin(Timothy Drake)

Connor Hawke

Elektra

Nightwing

Daredevil

Cassandra Cain(Bat Girl)

Deadpool

Captain America

Wolverine

Deathstroke

Taskmaster

Shang Chi

How's that? I know Deadpool has beaten Taskmaster before, but if they fought again, Taskmaster would hand him his A$$. I believe Shang Chi is the greatest hand to hand combatant there, that's why he's last. It goes from the top to bottom. Weakest to strongest or best. This is bone claw Wolverine. Sorry for not clarifying. Yes they have their healing powers. Even though they have their healing powers doesn't mean they can't be knocked out. What I've heard from people on this forum, Batman has beaten Deathstroke before, so that's why he's on this list.

Couple of things.
First of all you put Connor Hawke too low on that list. He is one of the top DC martial artists, and currently is at the same level as Richard Dragon and just below Shiva (and arguably Cassandra). He is so good that Shiva trapped him (and Richard Dragon) to participate in a death match against her.
Connor Hawke is also the current 'Silver Monkey.' That is the highest martial arts award possible, and based on that ranking he is the best (technically he is not since Shiva could beat him, but based on that award he is).
There is no way Connor Hawke is below people like NightWing (he could beat N'wing with his eyes closed) and Elektra. He should technically be below Cassandra.
Anyways, good thread overall.
I'd say Batman would win with RELATIVE ease (not with ease, just relative ease) all the way to Connor Hawke (if you were to put him where he should be .....past people like Elektra and NightWing). I think Batman would win Connor, but Connor Hawke would be the first person who MIGHT stop the Batman. Cassandra Cain would also be another tough nut to crack. While she is technically better than Batman i feel that if push came to shove Batman could take her out.
Captain America would also be a tough nut to crack, but i think if Batman really needed him out of the way he would win.
Serious problems start to arrive when we get to Wolverine.
I am assuming Wolvie will have his healing factor.
The problem with Wolvie is that Batman would need his toys to beat him. After all Batman is just a man, albeit a super-trained one! At a certain level he would need toys to get through, and Wolverine is the first character where this would be a NECESSITY.
Deathstroke and Taskmaster also fall within the same category as Wolverine. Batman would need his toys to even have a chance, and even then he would be facing a cart-load of trouble.
One of those three would take out a tool-less Batman .....and i think it would be Wolvie (since Bat's would probably not pass by him).
Thus without his toys Batman rises pretty fast until he gets to Connor (in my revised list), has serious problems with Connor Hawke and Cassandra Cain, as well as some issues with Cap America, and then gets beaten by Wolverine since Batman has no toys to use against Wolvie's feral nature and healing factor.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 11:01 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JWangSDC

Captain America and batman are dead even, but the tiniest advantage is ALWAYS given to Captain America. Its kind of like Captain America and Batman at peak are even, but Captain America is at peak more often than batman is.

In martial arts, batman is not taking down Wolverine, Deathstroke, or Shang Chi. I feel like vs Connor Hawke, it'st he same deal as vs Captain America, only this time batman gets the edge.'

To be honest, I think Daredevil has an edge over batman, but I'd label them pretty even. Elektra could theoretically beat Batman too.

But most importan t of all, you have to remember that some of these characters are not main characters so they can't be really used. Like Lady shiva is the best martial artist, but batman takes her out in one blow in Superman/Batman 4. WtH was that? It's cuz she's not a main character so they don't carea bout her anymore.

Spetznaz I totally agree with you, Cassandra Cain is the better fighter, but it just feelsl ike if push came to shove, batman will end up on top.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 12:10 PM
JWangSDC is currently offline Click here to Send JWangSDC a Private Message Find more posts by JWangSDC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote