KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Atlas vs. Thing

Atlas vs. Thing
Started by: Wonderman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Cool Atlas vs. Thing

You know Goliath, now known as Atlas. Wonderman fought him often enough.
The Thing is only 5 ton below Wonderman. Still i WONDER how he would do against a giant.

Attachment: atlas.gif
This has been downloaded 57 time(s).

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 11:18 AM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Thing's class 100. Atlas can grow to become class 100, or surpass it. When Atlas gets pissed, nothing stands in his way.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 03:30 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

thank you for telling him things class 100 scarletspider so i didnt have to.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 03:43 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

yea so i think atlas would get his ass kicked cuz when the thing fought a kree giant man who is identical in powers and strength to the real giant man in ff vol.3 the thing had no problem taking the big guy down when he was at 300' so i think he could rather easily handle atlas.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 04:02 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

and plus i just remember that they fought in a thunderbolts issue and thing knocked him down and held him down and was gonna finish him off but sue told him to stop cuz "their not the real threat here"

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 04:25 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

The Kree Giant Man was based off of Hank Pym? Atlas doesn't have the same powers as Hank Pym. First he was given an ionic treatment, giving him superhuman strength and durability. Then he recieved the pym particles. As he grows in height, his strength and durability proportionatly grows. At full height, Pym is usually around 50 tons, any higher, and he loses strength, as he has to focus more on just keeping his mass together. Because he's a crazy bastard, and because of his ionic treatment, they never discovered Atlas' true height maximum, but his strength, when he grew, could go beyond class 100.

Then he lost his ionic power, and pym particles. But was given more pym particles. Because of the previous mixture of the two substances in his body, his body was still tonned to have more strength as he grew. Then he lost the pym particles again.

But recently, when he got really pissed, dormant ionic energies surged in his body, he grew, and was stronger than ever. We haven't seen him do that much, by virtue of there's a large cast of characters, and T-bolts is only on issue 6, but he did pick up a massive chunk of the Brooklyn bridge, and throw it a quarter of a mile, to take down a Hydra air-carrier, while tons of skimmer jets flew around blasting at him.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 05:00 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

well like i said before i remember that they fought in a thunderbolts issue and thing knocked him down and held him down and was gonna finish him off but sue told him to stop cuz "their not the real threat here"

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 05:01 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

That was a long time ago, his powers have gone through some changes since then. Atlas also didn't really want to fight the Thing. Thing is a bigtime hero, which Atlas wanted to be, he didn't want to fight against someone whom he has taken inspiration from.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 05:40 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

If Atlas was really pi$$ed, he'd probably stomp him into dust. Atlas at full height is can lift waaay over 100 tons, and is damn near invulnerable.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 05:47 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

no i think no matter what mood atlas was in the thing will still kick the sh*t out of him

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 05:51 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

That's nice. Now support your claims.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 05:52 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

At his full height, Atlas weighs in at nearly a 100 tons. 220,000lbs. Along with his leg strength, which is theoretically stronger than anything the upper body has to offer, a full force stomp would theoretically be able to crush The Thing.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 06:04 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

when the wrecking crew were Asgardian powered Thunderball cracked Atlas in the jaw with his wrecking ball, Atlas almost drowned (as he landed in water) and when he got up he was so uber-pissed-off that he grew to heights he's never reached before (and he grew to 200 feet during "Acts of Vengeance") and knocked out bulldozer with one punch..... also sent him flying about 2 miles

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 06:05 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

what issue was that?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 06:15 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Thunderbolts issue #1 ...... volume 1

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 06:17 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

i gotta pick that up. but i have a question, since i dont know much about Atlas, when hes normal size does he have superhuman strength, what class is he in @ normal size?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 06:19 PM
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

and is giant man, the one @ the fight with onslaught is he hank pym?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 06:21 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Yes. The one at Onslaught is Hank Pym.

I don't think Atlas ever went by the name Giant Man, though I'm not sure. I know he was Power Man for awhile, then Goliath, then Smuggler when he lost his growth, now he's Atlas.

At human size, I couldn't tell you what strength he is, as it's changed. Originally, I believe he was a match for Wonder Man. Then it started to fluctuate. At the start of the T-Bolts, he was probably around class 10-20 human size, and bullet proof. As he grew, his strength proportionatly increased, as did his skin's durability.

Then he lost his human size super strength, but the conditioning from all his years of mixed super strength and growth still gave him the super strength when he grew.

Now he doesn't have Pym Particles, and his Ionic energy seems to trigger both strength and growth, but we haven't seen enough of this new development yet to accuratly say if he has any human size powers. We've just been told that he's stronger than ever, though we haven't seen him do much at human size yet. He's also become mentally unhinged....

Last edited by ScarletSpider on Apr 10th, 2005 at 06:31 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 06:28 PM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Atlas can wipe the floor with the Thing.
And the Thing isn't Class 100, maybe a low level Class 100 if he go upgrades.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 09:17 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Thing is class 100...he would trash a punk like Atlas...Atlas hasnt seen a tenth the action as the Thing.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 12:15 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote