KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » name some marvel characters who could beat Wolverine.

name some marvel characters who could beat Wolverine.
Started by: Mainstream

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mainstream
lighting the way

and describe the way they'd do it.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 02:45 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Xavier could shut his brain down.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:04 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

mainstream, I could spend all day replying to this thread,,,,,you should narrow it down, like who in the MU could beat logan by eating him,,,,or who could beat him with a paddle, or who could beat him in cigar smoking contest......overall though, wolverine's my favorite character and everything,,,,but I just don't have that kind of time.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:08 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

okay which mutant character could beat wolverine in combat using thier powers, one on one...hows that?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:10 PM
jinzin

still to many.....

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:11 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

quote:

A great deal more than many people on this forum would ever dare to admit.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:11 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Gambit? mabye. could throw enough energy cards at him to roast his ass...maybe.

Storm..could put him in a tornado and throw lightening at him.

Archangel..could pay wolverine a lot of cash...beat him up in front of some laddies to impress them.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:14 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Spiderman would lay the spank down on Wolverine.

Doc Ock would kill him.

Venom would probably make him his rag doll

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:14 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I think Doc Ock could...in theroy anyway. He's more handy than Wolverine....so to speak.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:16 PM
Linkalicious

When Spidey webbed up Wolverine in the marvel team-up that pretty much cemented my position on Spiderman being better than Wolverine.

That was pwnage of the highest degree.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:18 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I heard Daredevil once beat Logan.....

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:20 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Im a battle to the death going all out i think wolverine would kill spidey. Spideys stronger but hes not amazingly strong and wolverine has had proper powerhouses like the hulk, sasquatch and wendigo on the ropes so spideys strength isnt an issue. Its down to fighting skills and i think wolverine would take it. He usually comes out on top in their encounters anyway

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Apr 13th, 2005 at 03:27 PM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:23 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

isn't that taken out of context link, i mean wolvie was trying to reason/talk to spiderman when he webbed him up. That's like me saying that wolverine's better than half the x-men, and the ff cause he whooped their collective asses (even though its only cause he got the drop on them).

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:24 PM
jinzin

agreed, i still think the spiderman vs. wolverine one shot was a very accurate representation of how a fight between them would more or less go. It's also nice that that was in continuity (sigh) back when marvel had conitinuity.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:25 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

Captain America could. he beat Wolverine in a Wolverine book. Cap said "heal this" and slamed his shield into him..classic.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:25 PM
Linkalicious

No, Wolverine was pissed off because the kid was continuously blasting him.

Spiderman was the one that wanted to talk and Wolverine was the one who tried to get violent. Then he was made the fool by the vastly superior character.

It's not an issue of strength because it's OBVIOUS that Wolverine can take whatever abuse Spiderman physically dishes out, but the fact of the matter is that Spiderman has shown himself fully capable of dancing around Wolverine like he was an ammature on more than one occasion.

The best defense on behalf of Wolverine is the one on one comic in the graveyard and that was a pretty pathetic fight. "ughh...I can't believe it....Wolverine is faster than me" pfft....not in this lifetime.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:29 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

"Captain America could. he beat Wolverine in a Wolverine book. Cap said "heal this" and slamed his shield into him"

He came up behind him and knocked out a badly messed up wolverine after he had taken a severe beating from half the xmen team. It wasnt a fight in the slightest and that incident shouldnt b used as evidence of him being able to beat wolverine

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:30 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I always believed a battle between Peter and Logan could go either way.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:30 PM
DrDoom

Off the top of my head:

Blackbolt - C.Scream
Hulk- Brute strength
Storm- "Texas justice"
Rogue- Sap his lifeforce
Doc Strange - Magic
Sentry - Pick anyway you want
Thor - See above
The REAL Juggernaut - Brute strength
Magneto - X-Men #25 part deux
Polaris- See above
Scarlet Witch - Use her reality shaping powers do do w/e she wanted to him
Prof. X - Shut off his mind
Silver Surfer - Atomize him
Gladiator- One way trip to the moon
Iceman - Deep freeze
Namor - a first hand tour of the ocean's depths
Thanos- Burn the flesh off 'im
Invisible Woman - Many nasty ways. (Forcefield in his lungs/brain/ etc.)
Human Torch- See Thanos

the list goes on.

While he's still my favorite MU character, Wolverine is overrated and many MU characters could whoop him. BAD.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:31 PM
DrDoom is currently offline Click here to Send DrDoom a Private Message Find more posts by DrDoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Storm- "Texas justice"

LMAO. I like that

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:33 PM