KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Black Flash vs. the Silver Surfer

Black Flash vs. the Silver Surfer
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Black Flash vs. the Silver Surfer

Black flash (Death has many faces.... This is just the shape it takes when it comes for speedsters. -Max Mercury) vs. Silver Surfer.

What do u guys think?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 04:09 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

Black Flash

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 11:45 AM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

if any body cares here is a pic of black flash
Click here: http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/big...black-flash.jpg
I dont know how to attach pics sory...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 12:45 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Ok...um the link that i put up IS the link to the pic, but it automatatically sends you back to the main site...so if you want to see it go to the main site and on the top left corner press speedsters...he should be the first one there.....and if anybody can teach me to attach a pic that would help lots.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 01:04 PM
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Go to "Add Reply" and scroll down to "Attach File."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 01:56 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Surfer is wicked fast too (over lightspeed if I'm not mistaken which would make him faster even). Maybe he's not always going that fast, and maybe Flash can think a little faster, but what exactly can Flash do to him if he's nearly as fast as him?? Nothing really. Surfer wins.

-DM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 04:34 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

...course if it's just Death, and not simply a darker iteration of the Flash, then that's a different story.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 04:37 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Black Flash.....you mean the Flash half african american brother Kanye West? heh heh heh

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 04:38 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Black Flash VS. Silver Surfer? Silver Surfer turns him into dust. Umm...vaporizes him into dust.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 05:17 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Silver will murder any flash other than prime

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 05:17 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Black Flash or Black Racer is death. How can the Silver Surfer beat death????

If you've got a daddy issue, here's a daddy tissue mate.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 05:19 PM
Ming Tea! is currently offline Click here to Send Ming Tea! a Private Message Find more posts by Ming Tea! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Black Flash isn't death. He's like some prehistoric speedster. First guy to ever use the speed force.

He loses too. Silver Surfer wins easily.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 06:13 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

no he is death
http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/black-flash.html

[Jump to menu]

First Appearance: Flash v.2 #138, June 1998
See Also: Death, The Black Racer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Indians had a name for it. They called it “slow lightning,” but Jay Garrick and I have referred to it over the years as “The Black Flash.” Death has many faces.... This is just the shape it takes when it comes for speedsters.
—Max Mercury, Flash (second series) #139, July 1998
The Black Flash was spotted before the deaths of Barry Allen and Johnny Quick. Max Mercury was known to have seen it. And when it came for Wally West, Max tried to save him... and it instead took Wally’s girlfriend Linda Park—who five minutes later would have been his fiancée.

But it was not satisfied with Linda, and returned for its intended victim, interrupting time and freezing all but those with a long connection to the speed force. Max, Jay, and Jesse tried to distract it, but it took Wally running a race to the end of time, to when Death no longer has meaning, to escape its notice.

Wally cheated death twice, bringing Linda back from the edge, but as Max Mercury says, “The Black Flash is waiting for us all at the end of the race.”

Meditations on Death

The DC Universe has many manifestations of Death. The Black Flash...the Black Racer... and of course, Death of the Endless. Now that I’ve read the entire run of The Sandman, I have a different perspective on the Black Flash.

It’s established in The Sandman: Dream Country that Death can be in many places at once. It’s also shown that Dream can take on multiple appearances—he takes on the form of a cat when appearing to other cats (Dream Country again), and appears to the Martian Manhunter as the ancient Martian deity Lord L’Zoril (Preludes and Nocturnes). This fits with Max’s remark that “Death has many faces”—it/she can track Wally as a skeletal Flash while taking someone across town in her “goth girl” persona.

But if Death can exist in many places at once, what really happened to the Black Flash? We know from The Books of Magic that Death is there at the very end of the universe, putting everything in order and closing the door behind her. For Wally to reach a time when death has no meaning would mean he had somehow raced past the end of the universe.

On the other hand, suppose he only came near the end of time. If the Black Flash were truly traveling through time as Wally was, it would be protected from any ill effects in the same way he was. So it must follow the timeframe of the rest of the universe. By that time Death must have her hands full dealing with all the stray bits of life, since she can’t miss any of them, and has a schedule to keep. Death can’t spare the attention to keep the Black Flash chasing after someone who’s just going to return to the distant past, and whom she’s already taken billions of years ago. *Poof,* no more Black Flash.

Of course, the Black Flash might not be a manifestation of Death at all, but of the Speed Force, imbued with a horrifying appearance because it seems to be death. After all, it took Linda’s body to the Speed Force, rather than taking her soul to an afterlife, and it’s arguable that Linda wasn’t actually “dead.” Of course, if that’s the case, then Johnny, Barry, and Savitar aren’t really “dead” either, which opens up a whole realm of possibilities...

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 07:45 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Then again he could also be the manifestation of the Speed Force....which is cool i think....can Surfer take the Speed Force's manifestation of "death"?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 01:23 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

look like a bad as Flash.

now Flash is becoming like Superman and beyond

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 01:32 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

"Of course, the Black Flash might not be a manifestation of Death at all, but of the Speed Force, imbued with a horrifying appearance because it seems to be death. After all, it took Linda’s body to the Speed Force, rather than taking her soul to an afterlife, and it’s arguable that Linda wasn’t actually “dead.”..."

He is not certainly death. He hasn't killed anyone. He may or may not be a manifestation of death. He is the first user of the Speed Force.

If Flash has run away from Death, and cheated it, Silver Surfer would have no problem avoiding it. Black Flash couldn't kill Surfer, he could theoretically pull him into the Speed Force, but Surfer can warp between dimensions. Man, Flash Comics are complicated.

Last edited by Cosmic Cube on Apr 15th, 2005 at 02:39 AM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 02:37 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

This is an interesting discussion, but unless we know exactly what Black Flash is (and we don't) we can't form a definitive conclusion to the fight. So Surfer flies away, and that's that.

I gotta start readin' Sandman...already had it recommended by a friend.

-DM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 08:33 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

ok for the purpose of this thread lets assume he is the "essesence" of the Speed Force...the speed force given a Shape....were it then proceeds to take people to the Speed Force.....since surfer cant beat death.....so what do u think?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 12:19 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

bump

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 12:45 AM
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

What does that mean? *bump*?? Always wondered...

I say the two kinda realise that there will never be a winner and disapear- the two of them in opposit directions.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 02:06 AM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote