KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » mar-vell v batman v spiderman

mar-vell v batman v spiderman
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

mar-vell v batman v spiderman

too bad mar-vell was never used properly or given the chance to really grow. i still liked him a lot though. so, what do you think?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 02:58 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

This isn't even a fight. Mar-vell.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 03:01 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

is this cosmic Spiderman , or Batman prime??(haha)

LOL mar-vell is above them

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 03:12 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hmm, i'm surprised you think this is so one-sided. according to his stats, mar-vell is not that far above spidey in many areas:

<<Strength Level: Originally Captain Mar-Vell possessed the normal level of strength for a Kree of his age, height, and build who engaged in intensive regular exercise. Under Earth's gravity he could lift (press) 1000 pounds. His Kree nega-bands enabled Mar-Vell to convert his psionic energy into physical strength, so that he could then lift (press) 10 tons.

Known Superhuman Powers: Originally, Captain Mar-Vell had no superhumanoid powers. However, the Kree have evolved with greater strength than Earth humans in order to combat the heavier gravity of their home worlds.

The Kree nega-bands converted Mar-Vell's psionic energy into strength (he could now lift 10 tons), a high degree of imperviousness to harm, and the power to fly. They also allowed Mar-Vell to exist unprotected in outer space without having to breathe.

Dr. Benjamin Savannah's radiation treatment altered Mar-Vell genetic structure so that he could absorb solar energy and convert it to various uses. When his solar power was at its peak, Mar-Vell could then lift (press) 15 tons with the nega-bands on. He then relied on the solar power rather than the bands for flight, and would leave a glowing trail behind him.

The exact nature and scope of the "cosmic awareness" granted to Mar-Vell by Eon have never been clearly defined. Apparently it enabled him to sense the presence of beings and objects in the universe that were somehow of importance to him for whatever reason. It may be somewhat comparable to Spider-Man's spider-sense and to Mantis's awareness of psychic "vibrations," but its scope was far greater than either.>>

so he's great at hand-to-hand, about the same strength as spidey and he has limited energy control. all these things would certainly give him the edge in this battle, but do you really think it would be so one-sided? i have to believe spidey could certainly get a few breat licks in at least, and i'm thinking bats could think of something. what about bats AND spidey v mar-vell?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 04:45 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, i'm surprised you think this is so one-sided. according to his stats, mar-vell is not that far above spidey in many areas:

<<Strength Level: Originally Captain Mar-Vell possessed the normal level of strength for a Kree of his age, height, and build who engaged in intensive regular exercise. Under Earth's gravity he could lift (press) 1000 pounds. His Kree nega-bands enabled Mar-Vell to convert his psionic energy into physical strength, so that he could then lift (press) 10 tons.

Known Superhuman Powers: Originally, Captain Mar-Vell had no superhumanoid powers. However, the Kree have evolved with greater strength than Earth humans in order to combat the heavier gravity of their home worlds.

The Kree nega-bands converted Mar-Vell's psionic energy into strength (he could now lift 10 tons), a high degree of imperviousness to harm, and the power to fly. They also allowed Mar-Vell to exist unprotected in outer space without having to breathe.

Dr. Benjamin Savannah's radiation treatment altered Mar-Vell genetic structure so that he could absorb solar energy and convert it to various uses. When his solar power was at its peak, Mar-Vell could then lift (press) 15 tons with the nega-bands on. He then relied on the solar power rather than the bands for flight, and would leave a glowing trail behind him.

The exact nature and scope of the "cosmic awareness" granted to Mar-Vell by Eon have never been clearly defined. Apparently it enabled him to sense the presence of beings and objects in the universe that were somehow of importance to him for whatever reason. It may be somewhat comparable to Spider-Man's spider-sense and to Mantis's awareness of psychic "vibrations," but its scope was far greater than either.>>

so he's great at hand-to-hand, about the same strength as spidey and he has limited energy control. all these things would certainly give him the edge in this battle, but do you really think it would be so one-sided? i have to believe spidey could certainly get a few breat licks in at least, and i'm thinking bats could think of something. what about bats AND spidey v mar-vell?

You must not have any Mar-Vell comics or of Genis Vell. Mar-Vell has battled everyone from Thanos to Silver Surfer, and Genis kicked the crap out of King Thor in Asgard, battled guys like Silver Surfer and Drax The Destroyer. Genis was also messing around with Spiderman in the Coven series of his comics. The way he was talking to Spiderman, and everything he said scared the shit out of Spiderman.
That was when Genis was a little insane and shared some of his cosmic power with a serial killer.

Stats are one thing, but you should read up on Genis or Mar-Vell.

Genis is everything a Green Lantern is, but so much more.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 04:58 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<Stats are one thing, but you should read up on Genis or Mar-Vell.>

he sounds cool, maybe i'll do just that. for the purpose of this discussion though, i was considering the mar-vell who died in the famous graphic novel, not genis.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 05:27 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

And his ability to manipulate photonic energy still puts him above Spider-Man. Sure their physical abilities are similar, but Marv's energy manipulation puts him way ahead.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:14 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Re: mar-vell v batman v spiderman

Originally posted by leonidas
too bad mar-vell was never used properly or given the chance to really grow. i still liked him a lot though. so, what do you think?

You mean the Mar-vell from the graphic novel "The Death of Captain Marvel" ? Boy, that was a great story.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:16 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

[You mean the Mar-vell from the graphic novel "The Death of Captain Marvel" ? Boy, that was a great story.]

yep, that's the one. and yes, it WAS great! but i'm still not sure THAT CM could waste spidey like some round here think . . .

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 07:48 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

One doesn't spar with Thanos by being at Spidey's level.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 09:07 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
One doesn't spar with Thanos by being at Spidey's level.

Sparring with Thanos ? I think you give CM too much credit, in the fights I remember Thanos was cleaning the floor with CM.

And back then, Thanos wasn't yet as insanely powerful as he is now.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 09:14 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Yeah. But I doubt Spidey would have even survived.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 09:34 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

[Sparring with Thanos ? I think you give CM too much credit, in the fights I remember Thanos was cleaning the floor with CM.]

that's what i remember too. CM was no where NEAR thanos - even back then. it took everything he had just to take down nitro, whom i don't think would be on anyone's 'most feared list'. and don't forget, there was a couple issues where spidey took down firelord, though firelord did hold back from using his full power, spidey STILL knocked him out. if he could do that to a herald of galactus, i'm thinking he could probably beat CM. he's certainly beaten many energy wielding foes before. but i'm still not sure . . .

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 09:49 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Captain Mar-Vell would wipe the floor with Firelord. He's like the second weakest Herald. Firelord losing Spiderman is just bad writing.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 10:44 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i REALLY need someone to explain something that the old CM did (or could do) that warrants this belief that he could so easily trash 2 of the greatest heroes in history. the nega bands? c'mon! his great skill as a fighter? maybe. photon blasts? no way! anybody, please help me understand this . . . i mean i loved CM too, but this is ridiculous!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 11:37 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
The Kree were a technologically-advanced empire which spanned many different star systems, ruled by an an incredibly advanced sentient collective intelligence known as the Supreme Intelligence. The Supreme Intelligence (or Supremor) was a repository of the sum of all Kree advancement and knowledge, and was almost worshipped as a living god by the rigid, militaristic, and extremely bellicose Kree society.

The Kree had forgotten about a small outpost, manned by the solitary Sentry #459. This outpost was discovered by the Fantastic Four, and the defeat of not only the Sentry but also Ronan the Accuser (a high Kree official) marked this little backwater planet as something to be watched.

An espionage unit commanded by Colonel Yon-Rogg and consisting of Captain Mar-Vell and Medic Una (who is a member of a Kree pacifism cult). Mar-Vell and Una are lovers, and Mar-Vell is hated by his commanding officer not only for reasons of professional jealousy but for reasons of romantic jealousy.

Mar-Vell assumes the identity of Dr. Walter Lawson, one of the chief scientists at the Cape Canaveral missle complex. He is watched by the head of security, Carol Danvers, as he tries to balance his duty to the Kree and his aversion to letting innocents die. Mar-Vell is coming to really like his adopted planet. Mar-Vell fights such villains as the Super-Skrull, Quasimodo, a killer robot Cyberex built by the original Walter Lawson, the Aakon (alien enemies of the Kree), and the Man-Slayer. Medic Una is killed by a stupid plot of Yon-Rogg's, and Mar-Vell vows to have vengence.

Mar-Vell is granted powers by a cosmic entity named Zo, but it soon becomes clear that Zo is an illusion, masking a conspiracy by Ronan the Accuser and Zarek the Imperial Minister against the Supreme Intelligence. They wish to overthrow the Supreme Intelligence and establish a regime in which the racially pure Blue Kree can purge the Empire of the 'corrupted' non-blue Kree. Mar-Vell defeats their efforts, and the Supreme Intelligence rewards Mar-Vell by making those powers permanent and giving him a new costume. However, he is trapped in the Negative Zone by Yon-Rogg.

Enter Rick Jones, who has left his partnership with Captain America. Led by illusions, he discovers a forgotten alien base, wherein he finds a pair of Nega-Bands. Donnign these, he discovers that by slamming them together he and Mar-Vell may switch places. Mar-Vell and Rick fight Yon-Rogg, who dies shortly thereafter. Rick begins a career as a pop-singer, managed by a promoter named Mordecai P. Boggs.

Rick and Mar-Vell travel around Earth, and become involved in the Kree-Skrull War, and Rick taps into the inherent genetic 'greatness' which puts an end to the War. At the end of the War Mar-Vell merges with Rick to save his life, and is apparently lost, but later it is revealed that Mar-Vell and Rick are doing the Negative-Zone bit again.

Mar-Vell and rick travel around the country, with Rick reluctant to let Mar-Vell out from the Negative Zone. They fight such menaces as Megaton the Atomic Assassin and Dr. Mynd as they wait for the greatest battle of Mar-Vell's career - the fight against Thanos.

The Thanos War consumes Mar-Vell and Rick's existence as they battle Thanos' minions - various renegade aliens, the Super-Skrull, the Collector, and myriad others. Mar-Vell is joined in this fight by Mentor (Thanos' father) and Eros (Thanos' brother), Moondragon, Drax the Destroyer, and the Avengers. He is made 'Cosmically Aware' by the entity Eon, and declared by Eon the Protector of The Universe.

Ultimately Mar-Vell and his allies defeat Thanos and his minions. Mar-Vell returns to earth, where he faces Nitro, and is exposed to carcinogens which will ultimately kill him.

Next, Mar-Vell begins to encounter the agents of the Lunatic Legion, who send andriods to defeat him. Mar-Vell traces the Lunatic Legion to the Blue City on the moon. The Lunatic Legion is a conspiracy of blue Kree high-ranking military officers such as Admiral Sro-Himm, Zarek, and Fer-Porr. They have obtained assistence from the Watcher, who undergoes a trial for his interference in the affairs of others and is adjudged guilty. Mar-Vell travels to the Kree homeworld where he finally defeats Ronan the Accuser and the Lunatic Legion.

On his way back he encounters the Stranger and is attacked by Drax the Destroyer (a recurring theme in Mar-Vell's existence, it seems....). He helps the underground of Deneb IV against the Null-Trons, killer Kree robots. He is later captured by the Supreme Intelligence, who is trying to absorb Rick Jones to gain those supra-abilities with which Rick defeated the entire Kree Empire during the Kree-Skrull War.

Mar-Vell and Rick returned to Earth, just in time to defeat the Kree Sentry #459 and his partner, the Cheetah. When he collapses at the end of the battle (well, OK....after he escapes from incarceration in a Sheriff's office), he is captured by Mac-Ron, and does battle with Ronan the Accuser. Ronan succumbs to a viral disease which reduces him to a childlike condition, and he and Mac-Ron are stranded on Earth.

Mar-Vell then helps the Avengers defeat the Super-Adaptoid, and in the process separates himself from Rick Jones. Rick goes off to pursue his own life (for a change), and while Mar-Vell foils the invasion plans of Mercurio the 4-D Man, Rick is captured by Dr. Minerva, who desires to mate with Mar-Vell so that Kree genetics can transcend that dead-end they've been in for the last millenia or so. When Mar-Vell returns he is confronted by Minerva, but before she can consumate her plans (heh), the head of the Kree Science Council, Phae-Dor, takes control of her vessel and uses an energy-manifestation to try and capture Mar-Vell for use by the Kree in the War Of Three Galaxies. Mar-Vell and the Inhumans deal with the War, and Mar-Vell returns to Earth once again.

After a short period where he fights Nitro and Deathgrip, he is attacked by Drax the Destroyer, who is somewhat enraged that he has no purpose - he blames Mar-Vell for the death of Thanos, and attempts to destroy Mar-Vell in revenge. Mar-Vell brings together a temporary truce when they discover that Thanos has programmed ISAAC, the master computer system of Titan, to continue his plans in the event of his death. Mar-Vell and Drax proceed to Titan.

Most of the Titans have been captured by ISAAC, and Mar-Vell frees Mentor and Eros, and battles Lord Gaea, Dionysus, Elysius (who changes her mind about working with ISAAC when she falls in love with Mar-Vell), Stellarax, and Chaos.

After the defeat of ISAAC and his minions, Mar-Vell and Elysius tour Earth together, in what Mar-Vell refers to as "it was a honeymoon of sorts". They retire to Titan for a time, until Mar-Vell discovers that he has a problem.

Titans call it "The Inner Decay". The Kree call it "The black-end". We Terrans call it "cancer".

When Mar-Vell defeated Nitro and sealed the leaking cannister of a deadly bio-agent, he contracted cancer. Unknown to him, his nega-bands kept the cancer in remission until the cancer mutated beyond its ability to affect, and by the time it was detectable by Mar-Vell it had mutated past a cure.

Mar-Vell was awarded the Royal Skrull Medal of Valor before his death by General Zedrao in recognition of his bravery, as a token of respect to their enemy. The Kree rejected Mar-Vell even in death. Mar-Vell was posthumously made an Avenger.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 11:55 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
Mar-Vell possessed super-Kree strength, with normal Kree being far stronger than Humans, and increased durability. With the Nega-Bands, he gained the ability to absorb solar energy, and convert it into increased strength, power blasts, and near invulnerability. He gained, after his encounter with Eon, Cosmic Awareness, an extrasensory power that made him aware of all things in the universe. He was an extremely skilled fighter, and became even moreso after the Awareness granted him the ability to sense an enemy's weak spot. He was also a skilled technician, once converting an Avengers Quinjet for interstellar travel, and was one of the few Kree capable of creating an Omni-Wave Projector, an galaxy-spanning communication device/weapon.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 11:56 PM
darthgoober

evil face

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 01:53 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by darthgoober
evil face

Ha!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 01:54 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Ha!

I told you that you weren't the only one.

Did you notice how much leo's opinion changed since he made this. I mean NOW he was wanting to draft Mar-Vell for an Iron Man level tourney.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 01:58 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote