KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Archery Contest

Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Cyclops 3 42.86%
Hawkeye 1 14.29%
Green Arrow (I) 3 42.86%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Archery Contest
Started by: DarkCrawler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Archery Contest

Okay, here is something different. An archery contest between:

Cyclops

Green Arrow

Hawkeye

All contestants have been given enchanced speed (Old School Quicksilver level)

The contest is situated on Danger Room which is changed on every round.

GA and Hawkeye use normal arrows. Cyclops can use his blasts (Not taking off the visor, though). They have to hit the moving targets so they stop moving. The targets can't use any powers beside speed, jumping powers and flight (if they have it). They start at 60 feet away from eachother.

The targets can't move outside the reach of the contestants (So no running to other side of the world or flying 11 miles high). Targets can move, however on what speed they are capable. The contestants don't have to kill the target (But they can if they wish to do so) only simple hit will do. Targets can't attack the contestants, they only have to dodge.

Here are the targets:

"ROUND 1"

//Warm-Ups:

(Danger Room is in it's normal form, no holograms or anything. Just an big metal room.)//

Jubilee (Her legs have been amputated)

Professor X (without his wheelchair, crawling on ground)

Robin

Artie

Blob

//Challenges:

(Danger Room has been formed to resemble an small town. No skyscrapers) //

Wolverine

Daredevil

Nightwing

//Hard Challenges:

(Danger Room is an desert)//

Spider-Man

Beast

Batman

Captain America (No shield)

//True Challenges//

Quicksilver

Speed Demon

Riptide (Marauder)

Storm

Archangel

//Really Hard to hit:

(Danger Room is turned into closed room, it is very hard to manuver in there)//

Superman

Captain Marvel

Black Adam

Zauriel

//IMPOSSIBLE!!

(They are on the surface of moon. Everybody are able to breathe there)//

Silver Surfer

Gladiator

The Runner

Flash

Who of our contestants will get to furthest? How far will they get? Post your opinions!

eek!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 08:06 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

They all die at wolverine except Cyclops, because Arrows won't do shit to Wolverine. Unless they have their 'trick' arrows, like glue arrows and shit.

But anyways, Green Arrow is the best shot of the group, but Cyclops' blasts can fire faster and with more power, giving him an advantage. Hawkeye is probably the best as far as just melee fighting and moving around, with Cyclops and GA in a tie.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 08:10 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nataku8188
They all die at wolverine except Cyclops, because Arrows won't do shit to Wolverine. Unless they have their 'trick' arrows, like glue arrows and shit.

quote:
The targets can't use any powers beside speed, jumping powers and flight (if they have it). They start at 60 feet away from eachother.

The targets can't move outside the reach of the contestants (So no running to other side of the world or flying 11 miles high). Targets can move, however on what speed they are capable. The contestants don't have to kill the target (But they can if they wish to do so) only simple hit will do. Targets can't attack the contestants, they only have to dodge.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 08:18 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Right, didn't read all of it, just skimmed it, was in a rush. Thanks for the clarification.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 08:19 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Nataku8188
Right, didn't read all of it, just skimmed it, was in a rush. Thanks for the clarification.
No problem.

I think that amputating Jubilee's legs was a bit excessive though. . .

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 08:22 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Are you kidding. Jubilee's amputated legs make this thread at least twice as cool.

Provided they have the Quicksilver-level speed, they'd get used to it eventually and be able to take a huge number of these guys down. Travel speed and reaction speed are two different things, so I think even the Superman-level people would all be going down. Spider-Man, Quicksilver, and Speed Demon would provide sweet challenges but I think they'd go down too. The last 4 should be impossible no matter what, though Gladiator is overrated in a lot of areas...wouldn't be surprised to see an arrow popping him in the ass. Surfer, Runner, and Flash obviously wouldn't be touched.

I don't know who of the 3 is the best shot, so I'll just say they all make it that far.

-DM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 08:53 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Ummmmm, I have to ask:

This being an "archery" contest, why is Cyclops involved, seeing as how he's not an "archer"?

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 10:40 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bishop X
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bullseye wins. And I know he's not in the poll.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 10:41 PM
Bishop X is currently offline Click here to Send Bishop X a Private Message Find more posts by Bishop X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Id say cyclops would win this. I'll quote from uncanny xmen 124:

"He aims and fires with barely a conscious thought. Trusting to a unique inborn talent for spacial geometry, honed by months of practice in the danger room, that makes him aware of the position of every car in the room and tells him exactly what firing angle will enable him to destroy them all with a single optic blast."

Cyclops and the rest of the Xmen had been captured by Arcade in this comic and he had them trapped in Murderworld. Cyclops was with NCrawler trapped in a room with dozens of flying cars with rotating blades attached.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 11:20 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Green Arrow. Possibly Hawkeye. Definitely not Cyke. He has missed SOOOO many times...

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 11:22 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Cyke will get the farthest, and here's why:

His Optic Blasts reach their target almost instantly, perhaps even at the speed of gravity/light. He only needs to lead his targets enough to account for his own reaction time. He is not affected by wind, nor appreciably by gravity. He can also sweep them in arcs.

In contrast, the real archers will not really have much benefit as the target speeds ramp up. While their reaction times are boosted, the pull of their bows remain the same, as do the velocity of their projectiles. Eventually they'll hit a level where the targets reaction time will be substantially less than the flight time of an arrow. The targets will just watch the arrows coming and leasurely move out of the way. There's no leading the target in that situation.

Cyclops won't have those kinds of problems until he reaches FTL types like the Runner, though he might not make it past the level prior to that. Black Adam? Yikes!

GA vs Hawkeye? I'll give the edge to Green Arrow in this "shooting gallery" type of situation. Set up another contest that has them firing while jumping between moving vehicles, dodging enemies blasts, fighting off goons, swinging from ropes by their feet and the like; and I'd pick Hawkeye. His "Danger Room" type sessions back in West Coast Avengers were INSANE!

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 06:08 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Okay remember that some of the cosmic characters can't achieve warp speed all the time, only if they have enough time and area to operate in. And Cyke is some kind of archer. He is hella good making shots.

Let's make it so that the characters get similar practice in the danger room for 12 hours to hone their skills before entering the real competition.

And I added the Jubilee thing because I hate Jubilee. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 02:09 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Bishop X
Bullseye wins. And I know he's not in the poll.

Argh, yeah, I knew I missed something.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 02:11 PM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Hawekeye is THE archer.Green Arrow is second to him.
HE was trained since childhood and train hours for day to be in peak condition, this is the guy who cheated on Krona and with a TNT arrow helped by Flash stopped Krona.
Hawkeye's arrows are also the best, most of them are created from Tony Stark.
Anyway, Quicksilver's speed and reaction time are not gonna helping them against Really Hard and Impossible targets.
Wolverine can be slayed down with explosive arrows and electrical discharges arrows, plus sonic arrows are able to leave an enemy in pain and stunned for a while, so Daredevil and Wolvie both with hyper and enhanced hearing are gonna feeling those kind of arrows.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 02:15 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Cyclops is no pushover at all, but he is not suspect to the conditions, and laws of gravity like Green Arrow and Hawkeye, making him unsuitable and unfair for this poll, even though he is my fav. x-men.

But seeing that he is here,I would say he has the greatest chance, as scott takes less effort to fire off a blast, and can easily change the intensity of it. His blasts go at greater speed, and the strong concussive force has the ability to go through things time and time again.

I would say all of them could MAKE IT to the really hard to hit point, and stop there, and Cyclops would perform the best there, Poor professor X.

I would have said farther for cyke, but I'm assuming that he cannot use a continuous beam...................

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 03:04 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by K3VIL
Hawekeye is THE archer.Green Arrow is second to him.
HE was trained since childhood and train hours for day to be in peak condition, this is the guy who cheated on Krona and with a TNT arrow helped by Flash stopped Krona.
Hawkeye's arrows are also the best, most of them are created from Tony Stark.
Anyway, Quicksilver's speed and reaction time are not gonna helping them against Really Hard and Impossible targets.
Wolverine can be slayed down with explosive arrows and electrical discharges arrows, plus sonic arrows are able to leave an enemy in pain and stunned for a while, so Daredevil and Wolvie both with hyper and enhanced hearing are gonna feeling those kind of arrows.

By normal arrows, I mean't normal razor tipped arrows. They don't have to kill anyone, they only have to hit them. Any place is fine.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 09:47 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:
//Really Hard to hit:

(Danger Room is turned into closed room, it is very hard to manuver in there)//

Superman

Captain Marvel

Black Adam

Zauriel

I think that would help the contestants a lot. The targets could not achieve their max speeds.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 09:48 PM