KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Fate vs. Current Scarlet Witch

Dr. Fate vs. Current Scarlet Witch
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Dr. Fate vs. Current Scarlet Witch

Dr. Strange managed to defeat SW rather easily. Can Dr. Fate do the same?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 07:03 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Yes.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 07:31 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I've never seen a good description of Fate's powers. And I've never seen him do much in any comic, even though I'm a JSA fan and have read a decent amount of their stuff. I know Nabu is crazy-powerful but it always seems so vague about what exactly his avatars (Dr. Fate) can do. What exactly can/can't he do?

-DM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 07:40 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I've never seen a good description of Fate's powers. And I've never seen him do much in any comic, even though I'm a JSA fan and have read a decent amount of their stuff. I know Nabu is crazy-powerful but it always seems so vague about what exactly his avatars (Dr. Fate) can do. What exactly can/can't he do?

-DM

I thought Nabu was female. confused

I don't think Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate are on the same level, either.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 07:45 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Coulda sworn he met Nabu in a recent JSA (far into the past) and it was a dude. Could be wrong though. I'm a JSA fan, but not an expert.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 08:44 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
markolin

Saying that Dr.Strange defeated "easily" Scarlet Witch and therefore Fate could do it as well is like saying that Xavier defeated Jean as Dark Phoenix in Uxm 135 and therefore he should spank Galactus.
He only won on skill and taking advantage of her schizophrenia ,but she is vastly more powerful.Strange never had the power to influence reality at the level she does.
Even in Coma she costantly continues to rearrange reality.In the last Excalibur issue the Doctor was bothering her and she subconsciously drew Dormammu from the Dark Dimension and threw it at him.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:52 PM
markolin is currently offline Click here to Send markolin a Private Message Find more posts by markolin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

WOW damn thats powerful but Dr Fate is more powerful then Dr Strange He even beat The Spectre.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 10:17 PM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Re: Dr. Fate vs. Current Scarlet Witch

Originally posted by Draco69
Dr. Strange managed to defeat SW rather easily. Can Dr. Fate do the same?
I dont know much about Dr. Fate but I would assume he could being Strange did it.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 10:53 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by Mider
WOW damn thats powerful but Dr Fate is more powerful then Dr Strange He even beat The Spectre.

The Spectre wasn't anywhere near full power. He was rouge. Fate held him off. Zauriel did the same thing. Fate isn't more powerful than Strange.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:19 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Spectre didn't look to intimidating with that overgrown mallet did he? Zauriel stared him down.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:21 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strange didn't want to hurt her, he just mind wiped her.
But, he also seemed kinda scared because he knew what she could be capable of.

Strange could easily stand up to her reality control, but only if he knows she's doing it.....and it seems like she's been doing it slowly for the past 10 years unchecked....!!!!! Who knows what she's been changing.

Fate could take her.
Nabu is a darkskinned dude, with a full beard and crazy hair.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:33 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

Dr Fate is as powerful as Dr Strange even more so maybe.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:47 AM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by Mider
Dr Fate is as powerful as Dr Strange even more so maybe.

Of course he isn't. All his power comes from Nabu. Strange has so many artifacts and resources, it's ridiculous. Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme of the multiverse. He is leagues above Fate.

Stopping the Spectre isn't much of a feat unless Spectre is being impowered by the Presence.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:55 AM
markolin

Strange is only the Sorcerer Supreme of the Earth's Dimension.I'm not sure this means the entire physical Universe,or there can be other sorcerer supremes in distant galaxies.Surely there are many alternate SS in the multiverse.In one reality Ororo was the sorcerer supreme.
And he does not know how to handle Wanda reality warping,everything he tried has failed,even if she's still in a coma.Thats why we'll have a few months of House of M.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 05:02 PM
markolin is currently offline Click here to Send markolin a Private Message Find more posts by markolin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Ororo was a sorcerer supreme? You mean in an elseworld?

The Ancient One implied that Strange was the most powerful sorcerer in this dimension, or any other.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 05:10 PM
stormfront13

yeah she was. she tapped into the magical energies of all her ancestors. every women in her family tree was a very powerful priestess. she was very powerful and easily bested belasco while he was in limbo

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 05:12 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
black wolverine
Restricted

Account Restricted

wat is scarlet witches powers i forgot

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 08:21 PM
black wolverine is currently offline Click here to Send black wolverine a Private Message Find more posts by black wolverine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crimson Phoenix
Lord of the World...kinda

Originally posted by black wolverine
wat is scarlet witches powers i forgot

She manipulates reality

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:17 PM
Crimson Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Crimson Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Crimson Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strange is Sorcerer Supreme of the Universe, not just earth.
Guardians of the Galaxy talks about this, and how Krugarr is the next Sorcerer Supreme of the Universe(future diciple of Strange).

In continuity, there is no one in our dimention who is a better sorcerer.
There is more powerful, but no one is as skilled.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:24 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by markolin
And he does not know how to handle Wanda reality warping,everything he tried has failed,even if she's still in a coma.Thats why we'll have a few months of House of M. [/B]

Hard to believe, seeing he could handle the reality altering abilities of the I.G two different times, once with Nebula, once with Warlock.

He didn't want to hurt Wanda, he never faught her. He simply mind wiped her, and told the Avengers to get her mental help, but they didn't so here we are.

Now, after years and years of small tinkering from her reality warping powers could he revert it all? I don't know, because they haven't actually said where her power actually stems from.

I'm biting my nails to see what goes on in H.O.M, Strange better play a major part in it though, or I'll be pissed about pre-ordering it.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:28 PM