KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Phoenix vs. Galactus

Phoenix vs. Galactus
Started by: Crazymaniac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Crazymaniac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Phoenix vs. Galactus

Ive been wondering about this...and i apologize if this has been done before

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 08:22 PM
Crazymaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Crazymaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Crazymaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

it has been and phoenix takes him with ease

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 08:30 PM
Colossus21 is currently offline Find more posts by Colossus21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulk_Power

Pheonix wins. No doubt.

Check out the Hulk Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 09:21 PM
Hulk_Power is currently offline Click here to Send Hulk_Power a Private Message Find more posts by Hulk_Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crazymaniac
Restricted

Account Restricted

how?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 09:25 PM
Crazymaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Crazymaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Crazymaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Crazymaniac
how?

Too powerful.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 09:41 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

depends entirely on the avatar. galactus crushes anything but a VERY high level wielder of the phoenix force. only one i've ever personally seen that can do it is jean - and she is the HIGHEST level wielder. rachel couldn't beat g (thor ko'd her in an issue of thor!), the guy from guardians of the galaxy (wish i could remember his name) couldn't do it either, and that was a weakened galactus. that same guy was also soundly beaten by dormammu.

so no, phoenix doesn't win 'easily'. there's a very good chance the avatar doesn't win at all, circumstances depending. i only recall one meeting between jean and g in the what if where she managed to fend him off - not beat him, (g said he COULD have beaten her, but it was not worth the great effort it would take) and again he was not at full power. i seem to think they've met another time, but i don't remember the exact situation.

is the pf potentially greater than g? of course, it apparently extends throughout the multiverse. but it needs to be wielded by an avatar and not all avatars (i'd say VERY few) can wield it with enough command to defeat a full power galactus.

wish everyone would stop saying 'phoenix wins' as soon as its name pops up . . .

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 11:17 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crazymaniac
Restricted

Account Restricted

i wholeheartedly agree

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 11:25 PM
Cosmic Flame

Originally posted by leonidas
depends entirely on the avatar. galactus crushes anything but a VERY high level wielder of the phoenix force. only one i've ever personally seen that can do it is jean - and she is the HIGHEST level wielder. rachel couldn't beat g (thor ko'd her in an issue of thor!), the guy from guardians of the galaxy (wish i could remember his name) couldn't do it either, and that was a weakened galactus. that same guy was also soundly beaten by dormammu.

so no, phoenix doesn't win 'easily'. there's a very good chance the avatar doesn't win at all, circumstances depending. i only recall one meeting between jean and g in the what if where she managed to fend him off - not beat him, (g said he COULD have beaten her, but it was not worth the great effort it would take) and again he was not at full power. i seem to think they've met another time, but i don't remember the exact situation.

is the pf potentially greater than g? of course, it apparently extends throughout the multiverse. but it needs to be wielded by an avatar and not all avatars (i'd say VERY few) can wield it with enough command to defeat a full power galactus.

wish everyone would stop saying 'phoenix wins' as soon as its name pops up . . .

The same logic of Galactus being at full power also applies to Phoenix at full power. The reason that most people say that Phoenix wins the vast majority of matches is because she should. People always say, "Well, Galactus wasn't at full power." How often have we seen a full power Galactus? What IS a full power Galactus? Is there even such a thing? If Galactus can be at full power, why can't the host have full command of his/her power?

Besides, Galactus is primarily energy, and Phoenix consumes energy. The same Phoenix that was KOed by Thor is the same one that managed to contain a nuclear explosion in Excalibur. Incidentally, Galactus was incredibly weakened by a nuclear explosion in Thanos.

By the way, the Phoenix associated with the Galactic Guardians and Guardians of the Galaxy is named Giraud. He and the Guardians got their butts handed to them by a Dormammu that had double power because he'd joined his past and future selves. He also defeated Dr. Strange, who incidentally has a certain immunity to Death. This same Phoenix also healed Eternity itself, as well as drained Korvac of his power and deposited him in another dimension.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 11:45 PM
Cosmic Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

why should she? if that were the case, why HAVE the character?? if all she needs to do is show up and she wins against anything, what's the use of having her?? the pf is ridiculous, and my point (thankfully) remains the same - only certain avatars can wield/are CAPABLE of wielding/are PERMITTED to wield, the energy needed to defeat a galactus-level entity. full pf is greater than full g, so what difference does it make who's full powered or not? and strictly speaking, pf is a universal/multiversal protector. ie - depending on circumstances and the threat, the avatars powers may fluctuate, a fact clearly demonstrated by our combined examples. galactus however, is a universal force, doing what is in his nature and what the universe DICTATES he do. why should ANY avatar be granted power to stop him from doing ANYTHING? g is not a 'universal threat' - just the opposite in fact. if the pf is really what it purports to be, its avatar should NEVER be able to deal with galactus. unless the big g goes 'bad' or something . . .

and, considering the fact that g regularly consumes planets or stars and stands in the middle of them while they explode all around him, not to mention the fact that his own powers have at times shook the UNIVERSE, to intimate that g even FELT a nuclear explosion is among the most ludicrous things i've ever heard. and if it DID happen, the writer should be hung and it is deserving of never again being mentioned on this or ANY forum.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 12:22 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

There is only one avatar of the Phoenix. Jean Grey.

Galactus at full power is among the top 20 beings in Marvel. The Phoenix is in the top 5.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 12:55 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

there are MANY MANY avatars. anyone who wields the pf is an avatar. there have been many in the common marvel universe and dozens shown in alternate realities and seperate universes. jean is the white crown - most powerful of the avatars. least i'm ALMOST sure that's how it works . . .

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:01 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

there are MANY MANY avatars. anyone who wields the pf is an avatar. there have been many in the common marvel universe and dozens shown in alternate realities and seperate universes. jean is the white crown - most powerful of the avatars. least i'm ALMOST sure that's how it works . . .

Marvel doesn't have a clear idea what the Phoenix force "really" is.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:03 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Not really. Jean is the avatar, because she is one with the Phoenix Force. Racheal is a host of the Phoenix. So was Emma. There can be only one true avatar.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:03 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
There is only one avatar of the Phoenix. Jean Grey.

Galactus at full power is among the top 20 beings in Marvel. The Phoenix is in the top 5.

Full power he is near top 5-10

Galactus’s power is derives from his universe (whose power rivals even Eternity)

Galactus is at high end Celestial Level which is pretty high.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:05 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by kgkg
Full power he is near top 5-10

Galactus’s power is derives from his universe (whose power rivals even Eternity)

Galactus is at high end Celestial Level which is pretty high.

Ok. Full power Galactus is top 10 then. He would be on par with Eternity, at full power.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:15 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Eternity is top 10?

Who are the top 10?

LT is definitely 1 beside God.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:16 AM
Cosmic Cube

This is my take on it.

The One Above All
The Living Tribunal/The Heart Of The Universe/The Phoenix Force (disputable)
The Infinity Gauntlet
Eternity/Infinity/Full Power Galactus
Death
Etc.

Do you disagree?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:25 AM
Cosmic Cube

Then again, is Full Power Galactus really above Death?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:26 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
This is my take on it.

The One Above All
The Living Tribunal/The Heart Of The Universe/The Phoenix Force (disputable)
The Infinity Gauntlet
Eternity/Infinity/Full Power Galactus
Death
Etc.

Do you disagree?

here is what i have
i won't put God he should never be challenged.
after all my reading I have come to this conclusion

1) HOTU
2) Pre Rec Beyonder
3) LT
4) IG
5) Phoenix Force
6) Eternity (in IG he was seen the highest of all entities)
7) Infinity
8) Death (Multiversal) – In terms of power.
9) Oblivion
10) Chaos / Order
11) Full Power Galactus/ High end Celestials – there is theories (in marvel comics that Celestials are just like Galactus all survivors of different universes – also said to be born out of Galaxies)

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:35 AM
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by kgkg
here is what i have
i won't put God he should never be challenged.
after all my reading I have come to this conclusion

1) HOTU
2) Pre Rec Beyonder
3) LT
4) IG
5) Phoenix Force
6) Eternity (in IG he was seen the highest of all entities)
7) Infinity
8) Death (Multiversal) – In terms of power.
9) Oblivion
10) Chaos / Order
11) Full Power Galactus/ High end Celestials – there is theories (in marvel comics that Celestials are just like Galactus all survivors of different universes – also said to be born out of Galaxies)

That sounds a little more accurate.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:42 AM