KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who would win in a game of chess: Xavier or Mr. Fantastic

Who would win in a game of chess: Xavier or Mr. Fantastic
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 07:20 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gautam

Xavier....hes just read Mr. F's thoughts and see what he wants to do....

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 07:41 AM
gautam is currently offline Click here to Send gautam a Private Message Find more posts by gautam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRW

i agree

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 12:19 PM
JRW is currently offline Click here to Send JRW a Private Message Find more posts by JRW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

but in pure intelligence, reed is much much smarter.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 02:23 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonheartmm

yeah Reed a Super genius
Xaviers a regular genius

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 02:26 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Originally posted by leonheartmm

True, but telepathy is a b*tch.

The smartest in Marvel are Richards, Starks, Doom, Pym, Banner, Thanos, and Essex (Sinister).

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 02:32 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

The smartest in Marvel are Richards, Starks, Doom, Pym, Banner, Thanos, and Essex (Sinister).

and the High Evolutionary...are of which are Super geniuses

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 02:48 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Originally posted by Mainstream
and the High Evolutionary...are of which are Super geniuses

Fergawt him. embarrasment

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 02:49 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Also Magneto is on a high level of intelligence, and you're forgetting about Tyberius Stone, Graviton was also a quite intelligent villain, also the members of the Ynsen Cult, and the Mad Thinker.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 03:39 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by gautam
Xavier....hes just read Mr. F's thoughts and see what he wants to do....

Yeah, but do you think Xavier would stoop that low to cheat like that. No. It's not in his character. Xavier is a man of honor and I don't think he'll look into your mind in a game of chess to see what your gonna do next. He's not a prankster. He'll take on the challenge cause he's a genius to.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 03:42 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

Xavier is a great chess player and he defeated Forge in it despite the mental damper Forge installed that was driving him crazy during the game. Sure Mr. Fantastic is a genius, but he's definitely not knowledgeable in all fields (i.e. some biomedical related, etc.). I'm not sure how his chess playing capabilities are, so I'm undecided.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 04:15 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

We also forgot Rebel O'Reilly, Bruce Banner, the Leader, Blondsky(aka Abomination), Hank McCoy who is on par with Forge

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 05:24 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

T'Challa...

Question: Can't Xavier psionically gain the knowledge he desires from the professors and make it his own in the same way he telepathically teaches some of his courses? If so, he'd be able to learn and apply just about every field of study until he maxed out his capacity or became mentally unstable.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 06:28 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Originally posted by illadelph12
T'Challa...

Question: Can't Xavier psionically gain the knowledge he desires from the professors and make it his own in the same way he telepathically teaches some of his courses? If so, he'd be able to learn and apply just about every field of study until he maxed out his capacity or became mentally unstable.

yep. telepaths do it all the time. Jean learned how to put a human body together in seconds, I'm sure Xavier can pick up just about all the nuances and intricacies of chess by poking through the minds of chess masters.

"Blood and flame and sacrifice..."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 06:47 PM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

couldn't he like read all of the super genius' minds and know all they know?

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 08:26 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

If that was the case, then every telepath would be a genius.

If Xavier was to use his telepathy, then it definitely wouldn't be a contest. I can see him making Reed choose the wrong moves or maybe make the pieces come alive, so it would make it look like they're playing battle chess.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 08:35 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

Apocalypse, Magneto. I remember when there was chart (you know the chart, energy protecton, intelligence, strenght) in Marvel for many beings in Marvel Universe, under inteligence, Apocalypse, Reed and Onslaught had highest intelligence (Earth). Even Doom didn't have so much, little bellow this three. Bellow Doom was Magneto and bellow Magneto was Xavier and bellow Xavier was Beast and Essex.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 08:39 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Yeah Black Panther is an insane strategist.
Genius level

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 08:45 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I say Reeds because he is after all the smartest man in Marvel..Do you think he'll come into this Chess match unprepared? How stupid do you think he's? What. As stupid as you guys are or something? Don't you know that he knows what Xavier is mentally capable of? He'll make a helmet similar to Juggs or Magneto and play him....And c'mon if Juggs figured it out Reed can't? LOL sometimes I laugh at the critical thinking of lower people in here...

X loses..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 05:14 PM
Marvelgeek
`Poccy fan extraordinere

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I say Reeds because he is after all the smartest man in Marvel..Do you think he'll come into this Chess match unprepared? How stupid do you think he's? What. As stupid as you guys are or something? Don't you know that he knows what Xavier is mentally capable of? He'll make a helmet similar to Juggs or Magneto and play him....And c'mon if Juggs figured it out Reed can't? LOL sometimes I laugh at the critical thinking of lower people in here...

X loses..

Juggs did not make his helmet psychic-proof himself by technology or something, it was that way from the start. Magick. Cyttoraks to be exact.

As for the game... I have no idea. Does being a genious make u a good stragetist and chess-player? I haven't seen comics referencing reeds playing chess so I don't know if he even can play. Reed is a genious but sometimes thet means ur not good at other things and ur mind is scattered (I seen to rememer him having trouble fixing a toaster, but so did forge...). But if they were to play they would both play fair.
If I had guess I'd go with prof, 'cus we know he's an eccelent player.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 07:06 PM
Marvelgeek is currently offline Click here to Send Marvelgeek a Private Message Find more posts by Marvelgeek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote