KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » eternals VS. the new gods

eternals VS. the new gods
Started by: colossus17

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Colossus21

eternals VS. the new gods

all of the earth and titan eternals(even dead)).including thanos (regular), VS. all of the new gods of genesis and apokolips(even dead)........debate

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 03:47 PM
Colossus21 is currently offline Find more posts by Colossus21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

shifty

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 03:51 PM
Colossus21 is currently offline Find more posts by Colossus21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Eternals.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 03:53 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

explain.......y.just becasue of the matter manipulation?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 09:41 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

great matchup colossus! i think i'd have to go with the new gods here. high father is, i believe, more powerful than any eternal, and orion could cause a lot of damage as well. despite darkseid's power downgrade, he is still a force to be reckoned with as well, not least for his intelligence. i think the new gods relationship with the source is another key factor in this battle. jack kirby would be proud to see this thread though, and i wonder what the king would say?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 10:57 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I posted this thread a while back

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 11:07 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

oh. good thread whirly!

smile

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 11:20 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

I'm going with the Eternals too. The whole matter manipulation, total control over their body's molecular structure and everything else makes them incredibly hard to beat.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 01:28 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Eternals are invulnerable, and they don't die. Eros will leave all of the New Gods on the ground in violent orgasms while the remainder of the Eternals wipe them out.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 01:32 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hmm, i think some here aren't fully familiar with the new gods and their powers.

here are just some of the 'toys' the new gods could bring to bear in a war:

http://fastbak.tripod.com/ngterms.htm

the eternals are 'virtually' immortal - they can be kiled. the kree killed many of the uranian eternals when they warred because the eternals were using kree technology to build a ship to return to earth. thanos would be a problem, of course, but highfather is odin level, and can chanel power (unlimited??) from the source. (i assume this IS classic new gods, where highfather is still alive??)

and who the hell is gonna stop the blackracer?? his touch is death, he can travel faster than light, and most of the eternals can barely break the sound barrier! the new gods have mother boxes which can adapt to most situations and provide tons of info and strategies for any battle, along with any of the weapons shown in the link above. and please, no one tell me darkseid's omega effect won't hurt any of them. not sure if darkseid's slaves would be part of this (they certainly would in a real comic battle) - if he could use boom tubes an army of parademons would certainly turn the tide as well. then there is the infinity man, another near-highfather level being.

the eternals are tough, granted, but the new gods were kirby's first and greatest love, and i believe he made them more powerful than his marvel counterparts.

just my 2 cents.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 02:09 AM
Mider

Since when Has Highfather become Odin level? What Level does that make Darkseid?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 02:32 AM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mider
Since when Has Highfather become Odin level? What Level does that make Darkseid?

He isn't. Darkseid is below Superman. big grin

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 02:34 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

everyone is below superman..... shifty

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 03:04 AM
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by colossus17
everyone is below superman..... shifty

Truth be told...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 03:05 AM
o.g. slaughter

i dont much but aout either any bios on them and pics if u hav any. preciate ya

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 03:09 AM
o.g. slaughter is currently offline Click here to Send o.g. slaughter a Private Message Find more posts by o.g. slaughter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

Is this with or without prep? With tech?

Anyways:

Highfather, Takion, Stayne, Darkseid, Orion, & the rest of the New Gods

Vs.

Zuras, Mentor, Thanos, Eros, Sersi, Thena, Ikarus, & the rest of the New Gods

The problem here is NG have four supposedly skyfather level beings. Eternals have 2-3 at best - unless we're using Ikarus as Prime Eternal.

Also if anyones throwing in Yuga Khan for the NG - the Eternals can use Chronos.

It's pretty even.

Last edited by Beyonder on Jun 16th, 2005 at 03:22 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 03:09 AM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

no prep, with tech......

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 03:10 AM
Beyonder

no prep, with tech......

Not sure than. The NG have some highly advanced weapons.

The Eternal's don't, except Thanos. Not sure how Thanos' tech would do against the NG. His armadas are damn powerful but would it be enough?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 03:26 AM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

nope....people give thanos to much credit.......he is just an eternal....yeah he is way stronger and smarter......but still an eternal.....the new gods have a direct link to the source wall.......

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 03:37 AM
Beyonder

nope....people give thanos to much credit.......he is just an eternal....yeah he is way stronger and smarter......but still an eternal.....the new gods have a direct link to the source wall.......

And what have they done actually with the Source? Thanos is a mutant Eternal who got a power up from Death.

If you think he's just an Eternal, than your going by labels and titles and disregarding actual feats.

Highfather barely did a thing. Zuras, weakenned, still managed stalemated Zeus. Darkseid is powerful, but his recent showings were horrible. Stayne and Takion haven't done much to impress any one. Of everyone in this fight, Thanos has the best feats.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 04:14 AM