KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iceman (full potential) vs. Superman

Iceman (full potential) vs. Superman
Started by: FieryBalrog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (90): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Iceman (full potential) vs. Superman

I'm inclined to think Superman would win, just because he is so durable and has a ton of options. But I think Iceman has a shot and I like him, besides he's the underdog. Lets say they fight in New York City to give Iceman a bit of an advantage.

"Blood and flame and sacrifice..."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 06:41 PM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

iceman.....i know lots of people here will disagree but at full potential iceman can win.....the best method is to turn into water vapor which is called mouisture inversion (how can supes see him even with microscopic vision if he IS water vapor which is naturally in the air) and no supes wont just breath him in since he has no idea where Bobby is....then Bobby can just mouiture inversion Supe's head off....since he was able to mouisture inversion people in AoA (i think, right) why not partially turn selective parts (Clarks head) into water vapor....then you have one dead Superman. in a fist fight iceman loses but if he gets creative with that and other things like make fighting ice golems (which he was practicing in uncanny x-men while talking to Nightcrawler) to just annoying Supes with ice spikes coming out of nowhere (since bobby is the water vapor) until he just mouiture inversions his head off.....so with all that I say Iceman wins.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 07:49 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Supes has beat Cythonna, the kryptonian Ice goddess.

I cant see Iceman winning this.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 07:57 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

There is no way Iceman is beating Superman.
Not by a mile. Not even close. No way in hell

unless.....
X-Men fanboys to the rescue!!!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 08:00 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

one im not a Xmen fanboy....second just because people associate iceman with the snowball throwing idiot from the past and superman with the epitomy of superhero perfection doesnt mean that iceman at his highest potential can not and will not win. i mean superman looks at a man composed entirely out of ice...he uses heat vision and iceman "melts" while at the same time becoming water vapor....superman doesnt know he can survive as that to, he goes and mouisture inversions his head off....its not too hard to comprehend. Super man is tough...yes thats true but he is not as versitile as Iceman who doesnt really need a physical body to survive since he can just make himself a new one.....the only thing that supes can do is his heat vision and even then Bobby justs turns to water vapor...so how does Superman win again?????

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 08:28 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

how does Iceman win again?

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 08:32 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Dunno if the moisture inversion would work, cuz Supes's forcefield thing covers each cell... And if he figured out that his opponent was in the air, he could suck Iceman in and blow him into space...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 09:36 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

thats the arguement that was said in another thread but how can he know?? i mean iceman turngs into a substance that is already present in the air...there is no way for him to tell....second even if their covered in forcields how is that gonna affect anything? he just water vapors him and his forcefield separating him from his body.....sure if superman knew Bobby and his powers he would beat him (heat vision then suck him up) but without that knowledge he wont win.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 10:30 PM
Fanboy

Dude you are such a fanboy if you say crap like Iceman can do this and that and how does Superman win? Superman would win with the telescopic vision to see Icemans cell structure and just probably do the sucking in water vapor thing and spitting it out into space and Superman is way more experienced and crap so Superman wins blah blah ya X-men fanboy.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 10:34 PM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

so im a fanboy if a character has shown to do certain abilities and I tell you about them?? doesnt make sense to me....im not exagerrating his powers like some people and wolverine....and how is superman gonna see his cell structure when he IS water vapor?? doesnt make sense either...he may be more experianced and a more powerful person but sometimes even if your more powerful you can still be handed your ass by someone with a certain ability......just because your to myoptic to see the possiblity that the snowman has evloved doesnt change the fact that he can win.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 11:01 PM
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Supes has beat Cythonna, the kryptonian Ice goddess.

I cant see Iceman winning this.

How did he beat Cythonna? shifty

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 12:33 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I wonder how Supermans heat vision would come into play?

Its as hot as the surface of the sun.

On another note his body is a solar battery. So Im sure his body itself generates alot of heat.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 02:45 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Blair Wind
iceman.....i know lots of people here will disagree but at full potential iceman can win.....the best method is to turn into water vapor which is called mouisture inversion (how can supes see him even
Supermans x-ray and microscopic vision allows him to see invisible enemies. From there all he would have to do is evaporate Iceman with some heat vision.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Last edited by snoopdogg on Jun 16th, 2005 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 02:47 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

invisible enemies? he becomes something that is already there, hows he gonna tell the difference between water vapor and water vapor???

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 04:14 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

invisible enemies? he becomes something that is already there, hows he gonna tell the difference between water vapor and water vapor???

He will know because any type of movement, or reaction will create heat/ or form of energy.

Superman will know

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 04:17 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

thing is he doesnt even have to move, he can just mouisture inversion him from were hes at......he can use all his powers while remaining stationary in the air. Also since when does air not move naturally anyway??? if he disguised himself to just move with the naturally progression of air then how is he gonna tell the difference??

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 04:24 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

thing is he doesnt even have to move, he can just mouisture inversion him from were hes at......he can use all his powers while remaining stationary in the air.

Don’t change the fact,

for people to see anything light has to be reflected.

Supes vision will pick almost anything, Ice man will show some type of energy or signature other wise he wouldn’t be ice man would he.

Like say someone farts: normal people might not see the difference, but supes will pick it up.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 04:28 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Originally posted by kgkg
Don’t change the fact,

for people to see anything light has to be reflected.

Supes vision will pick almost anything, Ice man will show some type of energy or signature other wise he wouldn’t be ice man would he.

Like say someone farts: normal people might not see the difference, but supes will pick it up.

what he means is, how is Superman going to tell which water vapor is just regular ol' water vapor and which water vapor is secretly the disembodied consciousness of iceman? Its not like the molecules have little signs on them saying "Property of Iceman".

Besides, the water that makes up iceman's body isn't anything special, he can reform out of any water. Lets say he disperses into water vapor. He now exists among all the water vapor in the vicinity, he can even exist in the water inside Superman's cells.

"Blood and flame and sacrifice..."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 07:21 AM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by FieryBalrog
what he means is, how is Superman going to tell which water vapor is just regular ol' water vapor and which water vapor is secretly the disembodied consciousness of iceman? Its not like the molecules have little signs on them saying "Property of Iceman".

Besides, the water that makes up iceman's body isn't anything special, he can reform out of any water. Lets say he disperses into water vapor. He now exists among all the water vapor in the vicinity, he can even exist in the water inside Superman's cells.

Exactly....only thing is that he wont be able to freeze Supes even from the inside( or ice spike him) because his forcefield even covers his insides, and he has gone into space which is REALLLLLY cold.....but the mouisture inversion would work, and since he is able to "mouisture inversion" other people he should just be able to seperate superman from his limbs or his head or something.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 01:25 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by FieryBalrog

lol Property of Iceman , all life has cosmic signature

Superman can see cells etc

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 01:27 PM