KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sage in the Female Gauntlet

Sage in the Female Gauntlet
Started by: xmarksthespot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Sage in the Female Gauntlet

Sage goes up against these opponents how far does the cyberpath get. She has data on all of them, is revived after each battle and gets two hours prep before each.

1.Jubilee
2.Catwoman
3.Mystique
4.Shadowcat
5.Batgirl
6.Nocturne
7.Domino
8.Elektra
9.Psylocke
10.Lady Shiva
11.Black Widow
12.Spider-Woman
13.Marvel Girl (NB retro Jean)
14.Hawkgirl
15.Raven
16.Polaris
17.Rogue
18.Storm
19.Namorita
20.Supergirl

(PS dunno if I got the order quite right)

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 01:45 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

she probably gets to psylock but she can beat people after psylock

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:00 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Thats quite a cool line up

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:25 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

what is Sage's power?

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:14 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

She has limited telepathy and her brain processes thought like a computer. Sage = awesome at multi-tasking. She is able to retain an extreme amount of information and has a photogenic memory. Apparently, she can also jump start latent mutant abilities.

Sage is a well-trained martial artist and can be very lethal if she wanted to.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:23 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:25 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marrow1

Her mind and body also move as one, and she can predict an opponents weak points

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:27 PM
marrow1 is currently offline Click here to Send marrow1 a Private Message Find more posts by marrow1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

Sage, or Tessa, originally had no explict super-powers. It wouldn't be for nearly 200 issues after her first appearance that she was even specifically stated to be a mutant. Since then, she has demonstrated a number of different powers.

Tessa is a living computer with an enormous capacity for absorbing, storing, and retrieving information. She has a photographic memory, kinetic memory, and total recall -- she perfectly remembers everything she has ever seen or heard, and can exactly duplicate any physical movement or action she has seen done before (within the physical limits of her human body). Tessa can analyze body language in order to predict what an opponent's next move will be, allowing her to anticipate and counter attacks in combat almost instinctively. Her computer-like mind enables her to analyze situations and conceive of highly elaborate and efficient battle plans and strategies.

Tessa's capacity for analysis extends to the genetic level -- she is capable of visually probing living beings and determining what if any genetically-enhanced attributes they possess. She can not only detect mutants and latent mutants, her analyses also enable her to determine the mutant's full range of potential and possible capabilities. Using her jumpstart power, Sage is capable of activating any potential capability in a mutant's genes -- she can temporarily increase power levels, boost a mutant's control and finesse with their powers, and even cause latent mutants' abilities to permanently rise to the surface.

Sage was also a telepath, possessing the full range of standard TP abilities. She could read the minds of people in her vicinity, and arrange communication between herself and other people psionically. Tessa could create illusions to disguise or alter the environment, take full mental control over another person's thoughts and actions, and project her astral form in order to explore the psychic plane. After encountering the dangerous mutant telepath known as Elias Bogan, however, Tessa was "marked" by him and in order to escape his psychic touch she caused her telepathic powers to fold in on themselves. This effectively disabled any active telepathy by her, but it had the bonus of rendering her phenomenally resistant to psychic detection and probing. Sage's mind now emits a reflective effect that turns other psychic's abilities against them if they try to attack her. Thus, a psychic blast will mirror off of Tessa's mind and strike her attacker, or an attempt at mind control will end up allowing Tessa to control her opponent's mind instead

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:34 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

In other words Sage rules.
An oversight on my part is that I put X-Men on the list and Sage knows the Xavier Protocols, so she'd most likely defeat them.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:46 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

stormfront, if you are going to quote something that long you should at least give credit to its source. Or at the very least, put quotations marks.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:50 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I think it is from Monoliths Power Descriptions...that guy knows everything about powers:

http://p089.ezboard.com/fuxnfrm15.s...picID=821.topic

Seriously, he wrote all that himself...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:11 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Sag would go VERY far. She reminds me of General Grievous; a computer's processing capability, plus the ability to think creatively. Hyper-kinetic reflexes, well-developed fighting skills, able to learn and adapt VERY quick AND psychic defence- a very powerful combination.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 07:08 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

She might get to Storm. But then she loses.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 07:19 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I reckon that she might get to Spiderwoman but will probably be having her butt handed to her. Im assuming your on about the Jessica Drew Spiderwoman from new avengers?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 07:49 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

Psylockes the First challenge she'll get to her easy but If she wins she'll be to hurt to fight anyone else.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 08:17 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

i was going to give credit but when i went back to edit it said that to do it i would have to ask permission from the moderators

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 07:54 PM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Ppl b!tch that there's only Wolverine threads. I post this and I only get 15 bloody replies. big grin

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 08:57 AM
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

I would give my opinion, but I have to admit I've only read a handful of issues with Sage, and I've never seen her take on anything other then stock heavies. So I couldn't begin to guess at her ability.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 09:12 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

And for the record, I like Jubilee.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 09:12 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Piedmon
And for the record, I like Jubilee.
Not enough people do.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 09:19 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote