KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine versus

Wolverine versus
Started by: Piedmon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

Wolverine versus

Here are some amusing Wolverine fights with characters from outside comicdom, for your amusement and bemusement alike. No prep time in any of these.

BTW, Wolverine wins all these fights, but sometimes the odds aren't quite in his favor.

-Wolverine vs. Connor McCloud (Highlander movies)

-Wolverine vs. Inu Yasha (Inu Yasha anime)

-Wolverine vs. The Predator (you know, from the movie)

-Wolverine vs. Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms--+10 cool points if you have any idea what I'm talking about)

-Wolverine vs. Darth Maul (Ep I)

-Wolverine vs. Jango Fett (Ep II)

-Wolverine vs. General Grievous (Ep III, pre stomach-injury)

-Wolverine vs. Samurai Jack (Cartoon Network)

-Wolverine vs. Vash the Stampede (Trigun anime)

IMO:

Wolverine vs Connor McCloud: Connor may be immortal, but his sword isn't, and it won't last long when it's matched against adamantium. Of course, if Wolverine doesn't realize McCloud is immortal, he'd probably stop at just leaving the poor guy for dead. Wolverine 9/10

Wolverine vs Inu Yasha: Inu Yasha and Wolverine both possess heightened senses, a healing factor, and really bad tempers. However, Inu Yasha is actually more of a ranged fighter, with his devastating Wind Scar attack. If Wolverine can get close, he could easily duck under that oversized Tetsaiga, but first he'd have to make it through Inu Yasha's destructive blasts. Wolverine 4/10

Wolverine vs The Predator: In melee, Wolverine holds the advantage thanks to his healing. For all the Predator's toughness, one slice through the ribs and he's not going to get up. On the other hand, his various ranged weapons--the plasma cannon, the speargun, the razor disc--could be effective against Wolverine. Of course, the Predator's usual stealth advantage is useless to Wolverine's superior senses. It all comes down to whether or not the Canadian can close the distance before he gets blasted. Wolverine 5/10

Wolverine vs Drizzt Do'Urden: Drizzt holds the edge in speed and agility, but his normal tactics would be ineffective. (Magical darkness can cloak nothing from a mutant with heightened hearing and smell). Of course, Drizzt is nothing if not an improvisor, and the enchantments on his blades will hold them against even adamantium. Wolverine's endurance and healing will allow him to bring Drizzt down after a very long battle, but he's going to take some very nasty cuts in the process. Wolverine 8/10

Wolverine vs Darth Maul: The big question is, can a lightsaber cut through adamantium? I think it could, but only with repeated or prolonged impact to a certain spot. Wolverine could last, but Maul's speed, acrobatics and most importantly his use of the force could overwhelm Wolverine in a blitzkrieg attack. Logan's best chance is to try and wait until Maul tires out--if he can withstand the brutalizing the Sith Lord would give him. Wolverine 4/10

Wolverine vs Jango Fett: Although skilled, Jango has no good way to take Wolverine down. He'd shrug off a blaster shot, charge right through the flame thrower.... the missile, if well placed, could take him out, but Wolverine is probably too skilled for that. Jango's best option for survival is to fly up with his jetpack and blast at Logan. But that would probably give him a draw at best. Wolverine 7/10

Wolverine vs General Grievous: It's the same problem as Maul; except without that annoying crushed diaphragm Windu gave him, Grievous has no limitations on his endurance. His mechanical precision and four blades, combined with the superior reach of his lightsabers, give him a melee advantage. Wolverine 3/10

Wolverine vs Samurai Jack: Jack has actually gone up against adamantium before, (in the Season 2 ep, "Jack vs the robots.") His sword can cut through it, but he naturally lacks the strength to push it through. So that pairs this fight down to skill. Good as Wolverine is, Jack has mastered every fighting style in the world, and his agility rivals Spider-Man's. The key difference is that Wolverine can take a sword through the chest and keep chugging, Jack can't. Logan takes the magic sword through his sternum, but to Jack's shock just steps forward and ends the fight with a swipe. Wolverine 7/10

Wolverine vs Vash the Stampede: This is much like the paradigm of Wolverine vs Spider-Man. Spidey has the power to kill Wolverine if he fought all out, but lacks the will to fight lethally. Likewhise, Vash would never use his Angel Arm willingly, even to save his own life. That brings it down to Wolverine vs. Vash's revolver. With his insanely good marksmanship, Vash can pick Wolverine off at his leisure, but no bullet is going to put the Canuck down for long. Vash controls the fight until he runs out of ammo, and even then Wolvie has a hard time catching the slippery guy. He wins in the end, but it's a really long day for him. Wolverine 7/10.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:07 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I don't think Drizzt has what it takes to beat Wolverine escpially in a straight confrontation. Drizzt needs to play his cards just right to beat 6 or so armed fighters... Wolverien can takes hundreds.

Wolverine beats Jack, Connor and all the Starwars guys. Inu is much to strong and fast for Logan and has some insane moves. Vash doesn't have it in himself to hurt Logan enough to win... but the chances that Logan can even hit him are very slim, stalemate

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:11 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I love inuyasha, drizzts hardcore.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:13 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

wolvie beats conner, jengo, predator, and grevious...other than that he dies...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:15 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wolverine wins, you fools!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:16 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I love inuyasha, drizzts hardcore.

Indeed, altough his books have gone down hill

If you are a Drizzt fan I recomment the Waylander trilogy and White Wolf and The Swords of Night and Day (the two of which make up the first two in The Damned series) by David Gemmel and

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:17 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

And?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:19 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Piedmon
And?

Not sure what the and is there for... its all by Gemmel. He has got to be the best fantasy writer around IMO.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:20 AM
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

To be honest, I actually prefer Artemis Entreri to Drizzt Do'Urden. He should be up there too. I wouldn't count him out against Wolverine, either--he has a powerful new magic sword now.... that, uh, I can't remember the name of because it's been years since I read Servant of the Shard....

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:23 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

i haven't gotten past inuyasha 19, is it that bad.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 06:35 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Piedmon
To be honest, I actually prefer Artemis Entreri to Drizzt Do'Urden. He should be up there too. I wouldn't count him out against Wolverine, either--he has a powerful new magic sword now.... that, uh, I can't remember the name of because it's been years since I read Servant of the Shard....

I think it was Claw of Kharon. Or something, I have only read the Finnish translation.

Plus he has the dagger that can absorb lifeforce.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 12:22 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Ignignokt and Err could take Wolverine. The quad laser's bullet is too immense to dodge.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 01:27 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

hmmmm

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 01:31 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Ignignokt and Err could take Wolverine. The quad laser's bullet is too immense to dodge.

The quad glaser actually

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:42 PM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Inuyasha's ground speed and leaping speed outclasses Logan by far.
His durability, reflexes and strenght are above those of Logan too.
Tessaiga is not only a powerful ranged weapon, it's also easy to use of the half-demon guy even in close distance he's hella fast with it.And he can also use his claws to slice throug flesh like nothing.
Logan is screwed

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:47 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The quad glaser actually

The quad glaser is the gun they form isn't it? And the quad laser is when Err locks into Ignignogkt's head.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:49 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

A much better fight would be "demon inuyasha" vs. wolverine, but he'd die much worse then.

Inuyasha is better than wolverine on almost all aspects, scent, reach, power, beserk, speed, agility, experience, weapons, and projectile.

I disagree about it if its a hero predator in discussion here.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:50 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
The quad glaser is the gun they form isn't it? And the quad laser is when Err locks into Ignignogkt's head.

Yeah, I thoughts the one you ment since you said it was to big to dodge.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:51 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by K3VIL
Inuyasha's ground speed and leaping speed outclasses Logan by far.
His durability, reflexes and strenght are above those of Logan too.
Tessaiga is not only a powerful ranged weapon, it's also easy to use of the half-demon guy even in close distance he's hella fast with it.And he can also use his claws to slice throug flesh like nothing.
Logan is screwed

Yeah he has up rooted massive trees and leaped into the air with them, he also has moves that destorymountains.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:52 PM
shaolin9976
Kung Fu Fighter

Wolverine kills them all and took a nap after.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:54 PM
shaolin9976 is currently offline Click here to Send shaolin9976 a Private Message Find more posts by shaolin9976 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote