KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gladiator v. Herc in armwrestling contest

Gladiator v. Herc in armwrestling contest
Started by: mdbull73

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mdbull73
ordinary member

Gladiator v. Herc in armwrestling contest

THe point is not who wins, but how long does it take this guy to win?

I have to say Hercules wins after 1 month

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:44 AM
mdbull73 is currently offline Click here to Send mdbull73 a Private Message Find more posts by mdbull73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

lol....she hulk beat him......and glads is at pre crisis sups power levels...he beats him in less then 30 seconds....

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:46 AM
Colossus21 is currently offline Find more posts by Colossus21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mdbull73
ordinary member

She Hulk beating Herc was BS.

Herc is Class 100, SHe Hulk Class 50-75. Marvel was just trying to be PC.

Look at it seriously and compare the real stats. I got Herc over She Hulk. But against Gladiator, it would take a LONG WHILE.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:50 AM
mdbull73 is currently offline Click here to Send mdbull73 a Private Message Find more posts by mdbull73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

she hulk is actually class 200.....

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:51 AM
Colossus21 is currently offline Find more posts by Colossus21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mdbull73
ordinary member

Then you are saying she is stronger than Thor, Herc, and Glads?

Maybe I ought to make a thread--She Hulk vs. Galactus in an arm wrestling contest?

confused

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:54 AM
Colossus21

perhaps....you should.....on a serious note...thor and glads are stronger.......but herc is around her level but she is stronger....she got an insane power boost over this few months

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:58 AM
mdbull73
ordinary member

I didn't know that.

I think I am 10 years too late with this thread, then LOL

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 06:02 AM
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

That whole She-Hulk series was bullshit. If u look at the marvel chronology project, chronologically, it never even happenned, so techincally, She-Hulk is still class 70 while Herc, Glads, Thor, etc are still very very very high Class 100+'s.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 06:23 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyway, in an arm-wrestling contest, it all depends on Gladiator's confidence. If Gladiator is not confident, Herc will win in a few minutes if not seconds. If Gladiator is somewhat confident, they would stalemate for a little while, but i think Herc would eventually win. If Gladiator was really confident , like he was when he fought Ego, then they would stalemate for years, if not decades, but Gladiator would eventually win.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 06:31 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mdbull73
ordinary member

I don't think Gladiator would lose confidence in an arm wrestling contest, not at least right away.

Only after about 2 weeks, after realizing that Herc was not a pushover, would Gladiator BEGIN to lose confidence.

I can see it now: "Gladiator looks down, and sees his opponents arm flush with his. He is not winning!" End of story, but only after a long while

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 06:35 AM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Gladiator> She hulk> Hercules

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 07:14 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<Gladiator> She hulk> Hercules>>

you MUST be kidding . . .

let's recap, shall we:

wasp has named hercules the strongest avenger ever on the team. herc has already stalemated thor in a massive armwrestling match that broke the ground they were on thus effectively ending the match. over and over again, he has been shown to be at least equal to thor. if shehulk beat him, that is kinda funny, considering (non-depowered) herc has gone head2head with savage hulk a number of times in the past and has been shown to be getting the better of him. (champions, and tales to astonish are just 2 examples) he's done FAR better than thor w/o a hammer has ever done against the hulk. so . . ., unless shehulk is suddenly stronger than thor and her cousin, that result is at best suspicious (i rarely play the 'bad writing' card, but if the shoe fits . . .) and at worst, ludicrous.

as far as this match - i've never seen clear evidence to show that glads is stronger than thor - certainly not stronger than hulk. it might last a long time, but herc's endurance really IS limitless, while glad's is just really good. if he couldn't pin him right away, herc would likely just outlast him. he is immortal, after all - time is definitely on his side.

shehulk > hercules

throw out their supposed 'armwrestling match' and look at their history for god's sake. seriously, you MUST be kidding . . .

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 01:28 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Gladiator wins

His been called to be the physical strongest in the universe many times.

Only the Hulk (very enraged) , or someone with power gem might be able to beat Physically exclude all those uber peepz. (at least when he is not loosing confidence)

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 01:56 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mdbull73
ordinary member

Herc has unmatched heart, Gladiator does not.

I just think if Gladiator looked down after a while and saw Herc was still in the match, he would eventually lose confidence, and strength.

Heart > Confidence.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:14 PM
mdbull73
ordinary member

Does anybody remember the issue where Thor and Herc armwrestled and they broke a mountain or something? That was good

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:14 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
<<Gladiator> She hulk> Hercules>>

you MUST be kidding . . .

let's recap, shall we:

wasp has named hercules the strongest avenger ever on the team. herc has already stalemated thor in a massive armwrestling match that broke the ground they were on thus effectively ending the match. over and over again, he has been shown to be at least equal to thor. if shehulk beat him, that is kinda funny, considering (non-depowered) herc has gone head2head with savage hulk a number of times in the past and has been shown to be getting the better of him. (champions, and tales to astonish are just 2 examples) he's done FAR better than thor w/o a hammer has ever done against the hulk. so . . ., unless shehulk is suddenly stronger than thor and her cousin, that result is at best suspicious (i rarely play the 'bad writing' card, but if the shoe fits . . .) and at worst, ludicrous.

as far as this match - i've never seen clear evidence to show that glads is stronger than thor - certainly not stronger than hulk. it might last a long time, but herc's endurance really IS limitless, while glad's is just really good. if he couldn't pin him right away, herc would likely just outlast him. he is immortal, after all - time is definitely on his side.

shehulk > hercules

throw out their supposed 'armwrestling match' and look at their history for god's sake. seriously, you MUST be kidding . . .

No leo its just how things are now as oer current continuity. Characters change they get additonal or different powers and they get stronger. It was always said that she hulk could train to get a lot stronger and thats what she did. She trained up in her human form and that lead to an exponential increase in strength (as stated in the comics) in her she hulk form. Its shown in the comics its current continuity therefore i dont need to argue about this. Her being able to beat him in a fight is a whole different matter, thats not what im saying because its not all about power. However as it stands she hulk is stronger than herc and she felt as if his efforts were nothing while wearing her jupiter suit too, which limits her strength to levels she can handle.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 08:38 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

okay, that's cool. i used to like shehulk so i am marginally all right with this recent development. however, that also implies she is stronger than thor as well, and likely anyone in marvel except a seriously rampaging hulk. if that's all acceptable, then i will concede the point.

and kg, just who was it that said glads was the strongest being in the universe? is it someone who would likely and believeably be able to make that kind of statement? warlock identified thor as "one of the most physically powerful beings in the universe", and warlock was terrified of meeting thor in battle because thor almost killed him in an earlier conflict. warlock is someone who WOULD know. and of course, warlock also had his a$$ handed to him by hercules . . .

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 09:08 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
okay, that's cool. i used to like shehulk so i am marginally all right with this recent development. however, that also implies she is stronger than thor as well, and likely anyone in marvel except a seriously rampaging hulk. if that's all acceptable, then i will concede the point.

and kg, just who was it that said glads was the strongest being in the universe? is it someone who would likely and believeably be able to make that kind of statement? warlock identified thor as "one of the most physically powerful beings in the universe", and warlock was terrified of meeting thor in battle because thor almost killed him in an earlier conflict. warlock is someone who WOULD know. and of course, warlock also had his a$$ handed to him by hercules . . .

Reed Richard database my good friend

Even in one the x-men comics, Gladiator were said to no equal physically etc.

Time after time Gladiator has been seen as an unstoppable force.

At Gladiators prime

100X light speed, his strength is pretty much limitless (as long as he is confident to do the task)

That’s why Gladiator is the bomb

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 04:41 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Slott`s She Hulk after her powerup was able to show herself stronger than hercules and the thing.

two things to consider: Hercules at that time ( before the mini that is being published ) was at mortal levels, wich mean low durability and stamina ( accepting or not he still has his full strengh ).

two ( and more weird ) slotts has said that he considered normal hulks level still higher than shulkie. Wich is kinda crappy because hulks normal level ( calm ) is the same as samson and i dont see him being stronger than herc, mortal or not.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:33 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

well theres a third. maybe more obvious. That he doesnt consider both mortal Hercules and Thing above the normal hulks class of strengh.

Who knows

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:48 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote