KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Richard Dragon vs Bronze Tiger

Richard Dragon vs Bronze Tiger
This poll is closed.
Richard Dragon beats up Bronze Tiger crazy 0 0%
Dragon wins after a close fight 0 0%
it's a tie!! 1 100.00%
Bronze Tiger beats up Richard Dragon crazy 0 0%
Tiger wins after a close fight 0 0%
Total: 1 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: joesha28

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

I've heard both are in the DCU top five best martial artist. All out Hand 2 hand combat in a ring.

your say!!!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 05:45 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

hello

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 05:59 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer259

I don't know too much about either, but I'm going to go with Dragon. He's the guy Shiva 'looks up to' you could say.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:23 AM
Wanderer259 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

some say Bronze Tiger is equal to batman in martial arts h2h, some say Bronze Tiger better. Both BT and Richard Dragon trained under O-sensei.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 01:32 AM
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

looks like both this contestants don't have much fanboys ah? This tread gonna die.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 01:40 AM
Warrior18
Keyboard Warrior

Not if I can help it! Bump.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 12:23 PM
Warrior18 is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior18 a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

To be honest with you, if you read the Richard Dragon mini-series (a VERY good mini-series, and if it was a stock I would recommend it as a definite buy) you will realize that Dragon is better.

Both of them are in it, and Dragon starts off as a student in a dojo owned and managed by Tiger. He is raised up to be hard and tough, and goes to win tournaments and what not (where he first meets a young Lady Shiva, the first of many meetings between the two). To cut a long story short, and without spoilers, there is a falling out between Dragon and Tiger, and Tiger catches up with him years later where Dragon is fighting skilled fighters in a pit tournament ....with those fighters having knives ....and Dragon being blindfolded.

Some words are exchanged, and it is inferred that Dragon could take Tiger, and do so without much difficulty.

Anyways, the series continues, showing how Dragon trained many people (including a certain man called Bruce Wayne, as well as several of his proteges), encounters with the League of Assassins, meet ups with Connor Hawke, and obviously how he was close with Shiva (including how both can use the leopard strike ....when you drive your fingers through someone's skull into their brain).

The finale is a fight for the no.1 martial artist title, with all sorts of DC martial arts luminaries (ranging from the monkey cult to all sorts of folk), until at last it is between Shiva and Dragon.

I will not say who wins, but it was a great fight.

Anyways ...back to topic ...Richard Dragon would defeat his former teacher.

(And just in case you are wondering, in a hand to hand fight he would beat up Batman as well).

The top-3 in DC are Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva, and Cassandra (Batgirl) .....they alternate in who is no. 1, but those are the top (you can consider all of them as being number 1 at the same time, with one or two being better than the other depending on depiction).

Obviously there are people who are better (e.g. Karate Kid, who is the best ....but his level is so high that including him is unfair), and there are others who are good enough to be a challenge to the Top 3 (e.g. people like Mad Dog) .....but the top 'nomal' three are Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva and Cassandra (in any order ....consider all of them to be simultaneously in the top 3).

Bronze Tiger is not in the top 3, but he is easily in the top 10. He is also crazy good.

However, by the time they were splitting ways, Richard Dragon was already better than Tiger. By the end of the series, Tiger was not even in the tournament of martial artists, and in that tournament only one person faced off against Shiva.

Dragon.

The way I look at him is that he is the Shang Chi of DC (and no, do not ask who can win .....in my opinion they are perfectly equal, with equal skill levels and equal feat levels. The only way person A would say Shang Chi wins, or person B say Richard Dragon wins, is if person A is a fanboy of Marvel and person B a fanboy of DC. They are equal).

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 01:14 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spetznaz

The top-3 in DC are Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva, and Cassandra (Batgirl) .....they alternate in who is no. 1, but those are the top (you can consider all of them as being number 1 at the same time, with one or two being better than the other depending on depiction).
How can you not include Bruce when he clearly is superior to or stalemates Shiva?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 01:26 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by Starscream M
How can you not include Bruce when he clearly is superior to or stalemates Shiva?

Easy answer: because I read DC comics.

If you did the same you would not have asked that question (although I guess it is to be expected, since just yesterday you were saying that the Punisher, with a sword and dagger, can defeat Wildcat in hand to hand combat).

You saying that Bruce is 'clearly superior or stalemates Shiva' just proves what I said on the other thread ....the results of relying on wikipedia entries (or for the slightly more advanced noob looking at stand-alone scans) are quite evident.

Have a nice day.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 01:36 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

That made me lulz.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 01:37 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Easy answer: because I read DC comics.

If you did the same you would not have asked that question (although I guess it is to be expected, since just yesterday you were saying that the Punisher, with a sword and dagger, can defeat Wildcat in hand to hand combat).

You saying that Bruce is 'clearly superior or stalemates Shiva' just proves what I said on the other thread ....the results of relying on wikipedia entries (or for the slightly more advanced noob looking at stand-alone scans) are quite evident.

Have a nice day.
too bad in comics bruce either beat or stalemates Shiva, not the other way around

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 01:40 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

No way does Punisher beat Wildcat in any type of melee brawl.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 01:42 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

This should be interesting.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 01:45 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Juntai
No way does Punisher beat Wildcat in any type of melee brawl.
Punisher was given a sword AND a dagger...that gives him huge range advantage that closes the gap in skill and makes him much more deadly

but still I never gave Punisher majority, just one or two wins

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 01:45 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Dragon wins, in my opinion.

Bruce can beat Shiva.

Wildcat kills the Punisher.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 01:46 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

too bad in comics bruce either beat or stalemates Shiva, not the other way around
He's also had Batgirl defeated, and held back what could have been a killing blow. Should he have wanted to execute the manuever. She froze like a deer in headlights and he stopped from finishing.

And Batgirl has defeated Shiva more than once.

And iirc, Batman fought Dragon to a standstill.

Last edited by Juntai on Jul 22nd, 2008 at 01:55 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 01:47 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Punisher was given a sword AND a dagger...that gives him huge range advantage that closes the gap in skill and makes him much more deadly

but still I never gave Punisher majority, just one or two wins

Once again, a sword and dagger would not assist the Punisher in any way against someone like Wildcat.

It is the same as saying that giving Nick Fury a sword and dagger would make him be able to defeat Shang Chi in hand to hand combat.

Sheer and utter stupidity.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 01:49 PM
Starscream M

Once again, a sword and dagger would not assist the Punisher in any way against someone like Wildcat.

It is the same as saying that giving Nick Fury a sword and dagger would make him be able to defeat Shang Chi in hand to hand combat.

Sheer and utter stupidity.
resorting to insults is rather unbecoming

wildcat is a boxer...the analogy to shang chi isn't very fitting

but anyways, this isn't punisher vs wildcat, so stay ontopic

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 01:53 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Wildcat is severely under-rated a lot. He's one of the top MA's too, and alongside Shiva and Dragon, was one of Bruce Wayne's teachers.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 01:54 PM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Dragon wins.

Shiva can beat Bruce too. And imo, the fights between Batgirl and Shiva have been far more impressive.

Wildcat kills the Punisher.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 01:58 PM