KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hercules vs. Gladiator

Hercules vs. Gladiator
Started by: Betageuze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Betageuze

Hercules vs. Gladiator

what a match..... imagine... this two (egos) will clash...

Hercules.. prince of power ... held whole Manhattan on his shoulders..
vs.
Gladiator ... when he is self confident... he probably is the strongest guy in the universe (except the Hulk)

who will win this fight .. would be one of the biggest fight in the century ... i do believe

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 12:16 PM
Betageuze is currently offline Click here to Send Betageuze a Private Message Find more posts by Betageuze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Both guys say alot of things that they have never done.

Gladiator is faster so he should win but if Herc gets a few shots in and takes a few good ones Glads will loose his mojo and get his @ss handed to him.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 12:23 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

They are about even in strenght.

Glads more often than not if he stays out of close combat.

But since whe know they never do that Herc is going to win a few.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 12:25 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Gladiator will rip Herc into bits

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:52 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by olympian
They are about even in strenght.

Glads more often than not if he stays out of close combat.

But since whe know they never do that Herc is going to win a few.

They are not even in strength. Strong as she hulk has now become i doubt shes considerably stronger than gladiator, which she would have to be if glad and hercs are even. Gladiator takes this. Hes got too much going for him. Superior strength, faster than light flying speed, heat vision etc

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:56 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gladiator sounds a lot like pre crisi supes hmmmmmmmmm smart
Am I on to something confused

Keep the faithbig grin

Keep Whirly rock

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 07:06 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gladiator wins 6/10, he has too many other powers to deal with

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 10:47 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Glads isent heads and shoulders above herc. He has a destroying plenetary feat and herc has his mythologic one of helding the heavens. The heavens in the myths was Uranos. Both arent measured by numbers. Id say Glads strengh is higher on space while Herc is higher on earth. Hercules does have after all more and better feats of that nature in earth. Both fought Ego wheter it was because Galactus asked for help or going on theyr own against him. And both fought the Hulk pshysically pretty well.

Now he -will- most likely win and definatly the majority. His speed and heat vision helps alot. Close combat is something of another story, i give the nod for Herc.

How old is Glads anyway?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 10:55 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilCap America

Gladiator would probably win being a Superman level character the thing that i dont get is why he is compared to pre-crisis Superman.The guy has a handful of apperences ranging from going toe-to-toe with Collsuss and outlasting him[rather than blowing through him] to Lifting up the Baxtar building when Reed guesses hes somehow amplifiying his strength with Shi'ar technology

I havent ever seen an indepth enough storyline to say hes anything more than on par with the Thors of the world yet there are times i see people saying "He juggles stars and moves FTL"

Anyways i agree woth the above post.The Gods like Herc/Thor have a bit of super-speed but not HIGH levels of it and if Glads is a Sups clone then hes going to edge him out on that

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 10:58 PM
EvilCap America is currently offline Click here to Send EvilCap America a Private Message Find more posts by EvilCap America Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

agreed. it's like hulk v superman - strength becomes less an issue, and overall power wins out most of the time. if glads was an idiot and fought h2h, herc could certainly beat him. their strengths are roughly equal (demonstrated by the fact that thor = glads and herc = thor. then, too, there is the part where (non-savage) hulk handed glads his ass, and herc has never been defeated and was even getting the BETTER of savge hulk a couple times) herc also has about 4000 years of h2h combat under his belt so if it were simply a slugfest, i'd give the edge to herc 6/10. in a straight, regular battle, because herc has only his hands and strength (can't even fly!) logically it would be tough for him to get 2 or even 1/10. and yes kg, it pains me ENORMOUSLY to admit that . . .

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 11:09 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Flight is an advantage but one i dont mind that much. Fligthers always get down to close combat sooner or later. Its an advantage when you flie and go straigh with super speed on the opponent to kock him down easily. But in this case its not going to happen. Herc by having high levels of invulnerability its not going to go down just with that. Its even debatable if he is going to be knocked out with Glads vision. Oh damage will be able but not going for a K.O

And my theory is that Glads strengh is higher in space perhaps...lifting baxter building who was consider his biggest feat of strengh in "our" planet is nothing compared with Herc dragging Manhattan island.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 11:24 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

You and i both agree though that he is no longer at a Dragging Manhattan Level any more??????

I mean do you really think that She Hulk is capable of Dragging Manhattan over the sea??????

You are right about Feats though. In the General Feat department Herc's has this one. But this is a case when i think speed will count alot.

When did Herc Fight Ego. I heard that Glads did really well against him but i never heard of Herc's against Ego

Hasn't Gladiator physically moved Ego or is that Just a myth??????????

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 11:44 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

For this thread to be fair Hercules has to be at his regular levels. Being depowered and mortal isent his regular otherwise he would even have troubles having 1 win out of 10.

Speed as i said in Comics doesnt mean that much. Supes or any other strong flier always wants to trade blows. And Hercules does have minor super speed. He has tagged Quicksilver before and put him down.

About Hercules figthing Ego, it was when Galactus had troubles with him and asked for both his help and Thor`s.

Yeah Glads did well against Ego. But unless im thinking wrong on this Silver Surfer was there too.

Last but not the least.....him moving Ego...noo idea! Does anyone knows this one?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 11:51 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

I found this thing on the internet wich kinda puts Thors comics into script form. I dont know if they are taken fro real comics because the Title suggset its taken from Thor Volume 2 Issue 512-513.

From what i know these isuues don't even exist as the title was changed to JIM after about issue 505 or something.

But anyway in this script version of the comics it is made clear that Glads is pushing Ego into a rift which has been made by Thor into the N Zone.

It's Probably crap but it was kinda fun to read.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 12:09 AM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Classic Gladiator would beat Hercules' @ss in moments. How can herc keep up with his speed? What is herc going to block his heat vision with? How will herc compensate for Gladiators ability to fly?

Gladiator being demolished by the Hulk was not great writing in my opinion but it happened...He still has plenty of other feats to fall back on. Ive never seen Herc come close to having an advantage over the Hulk...I have seen the Hulk nearly kill him though.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 12:20 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<Ive never seen Herc come close to having an advantage over the Hulk...I have seen the Hulk nearly kill him though.>>

tales to astonish #79, champions #16 - in both these issues there was no definitive winner, but herc MORE than held his own. in the hercules unleashed you're talking about, herc was radically de-powered so that performance has no bearing on this thread.

herc has done FAR better than glads did, and as i said - he was battling classic, savage hulk. glads couldn't even beat the intelligent hulk. he has also done AT LEAST as well against thor - in any event, thor has never ko'd hercules.

glads, fighting smart, would win, (he has a wide array of powers) but it sure wouldn't end in 'moments', and if he stood toe to toe, he would lose more often than he'd win.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 03:25 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by leonidas
agreed. it's like hulk v superman - strength becomes less an issue, and overall power wins out most of the time. if glads was an idiot and fought h2h, herc could certainly beat him. their strengths are roughly equal (demonstrated by the fact that thor = glads and herc = thor. then, too, there is the part where (non-savage) hulk handed glads his ass, and herc has never been defeated and was even getting the BETTER of savge hulk a couple times) herc also has about 4000 years of h2h combat under his belt so if it were simply a slugfest, i'd give the edge to herc 6/10. in a straight, regular battle, because herc has only his hands and strength (can't even fly!) logically it would be tough for him to get 2 or even 1/10. and yes kg, it pains me ENORMOUSLY to admit that . . .

Herc = thor with hammer leo

i have seen Hulk go head to head with Herc , and he won like twice.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 03:29 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Shulkie takes them both laughing out loud
J/k my nod goes to Glads because he's ludicrously (yet erratically) powerful (sorry armandovalles but it's true laughing out loud )

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 03:33 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<i have seen Hulk go head to head with Herc , and he won like twice>>

hulk won, or herc won? if it was hulk, throw out the herc unleashed and tell me the issue showing the other time hulk beat him. hulk has never beaten a non-depowered herc that i've ever seen (and i dare say i have 99% of herc's appearances, from his first up until about 2 years ago). so, unless it has happened very recently (or my mind is going - a possibility, i'll concede) hulk has never beaten a full powered hercules.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:14 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by leonidas
<<i have seen Hulk go head to head with Herc , and he won like twice>>

hulk won, or herc won? if it was hulk, throw out the herc unleashed and tell me the issue showing the other time hulk beat him. hulk has never beaten a non-depowered herc that i've ever seen (and i dare say i have 99% of herc's appearances, from his first up until about 2 years ago). so, unless it has happened very recently (or my mind is going - a possibility, i'll concede) hulk has never beaten a full powered hercules.

where in the forum does it say full powered Herc.

and why he isn't powerd all the time.

Incredible Hulk v2 #316 Hulk pretty much wins

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:19 AM