KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Heavenly War: Asgardians vs New Gods

Heavenly War: Asgardians vs New Gods
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Heavenly War: Asgardians vs New Gods

All asgardians vs all New Gods.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:34 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

I favor Asgardians.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:42 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

You Fool!!.....jk

How come?

I think New Gods magic/tech are greater than Asgardian magic.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:45 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Well thats the thing. I dont wink

I also see the top Asgardians ( Thor and Odin ) above in power in regards of Hyghfater and Orion.

About the regular asgardians vs regular new gods. Thats another story. I see the regular New Gods ahead.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 10:28 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by olympian
Well thats the thing. I dont wink

I also see the top Asgardians ( Thor and Odin ) above in power in regards of Hyghfater and Orion.

About the regular asgardians vs regular new gods. Thats another story. I see the regular New Gods ahead.

I agree with you olympian. Thats why i think the new gods would win this

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 10:34 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

A regular New God is around 60ton lifting or so, they have Asgardians beat in the "normal" types.

Orion is easily equal to Thor, and highfather is connected to DC's God.

Asgardians(Marvel) claim to be gods, New Gods are Gods and are treated as so by the presence.
That's gotta count for something.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Jul 21st, 2005 at 10:39 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 10:36 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't remember, maybe someone can call me on this but the New Gods are called the "New Gods" because they overthrew the old gods, which I think were Asgardians.(DC Asgardians)

I'm probably wrong, the new god's past is sketchy at best.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 10:38 AM
Solidus Snake
The General

New Gods win....they have motherboxes to kp them from dying. they can upgrade their weapons and provide boom tube tech.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 01:42 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree, but didn't the New Gods kill off the asgaurdians, so that they could take their place as gods?

New Gen tech is based on maigic, AG only has magic.

I see new gods winning.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 01:49 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Meh, from what I hear, DC Gods are kinda crap compared to Marvel's versions. Anyways. While the big hitters like Thor and Odin could probably match any one of the best New Gods, you have to look at averages. Assuming this is just the human looking Gods, and not the Ice Trolls and Elves etc., then the New Gods, on average, are just more impressive. The more famous ones have a decent variety in power, and have uber tech on top of everything else. The Asgardians make them work for it, but it's a hopeless battle in the end.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:00 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"Orion is easily equal to Thor, and highfather is connected to DC's God."

Orion and Thor pshysically are compared yes. I just think Thors other abilites are higher. About Odin and Highfather...HF never impressed me honestly. He doesnt have much feats and not in the level of Odin at marvel. Its my opinion of what i remember about him, if you have feats feel free to post.

Asgardians(Marvel) claim to be gods, New Gods are Gods and are treated as so by the presence.
That's gotta count for something"

Theyr all Gods in the sense of the word. Theres alot of religious gods mixture at both companies for one start to pointing out " he is a god, that one isent actually one..."

"I can't remember, maybe someone can call me on this but the New Gods are called the "New Gods" because they overthrew the old gods, which I think were Asgardians.(DC Asgardians)"

I think its because they wer the next generation of Gods that sprang from Ragnarok. Nordic myth has also the next generation after the battle that killed the old ones. It wasent overtrowing if i recall right.

"Meh, from what I hear, DC Gods are kinda crap compared to Marvel's versions"

True. Dc dont use the gods properly, they always end up asking heroes help to do stuff they should be doing on theyr own. Its like DC powers them down to be more in a "level" of Superman and etc. Still above mind you, just not that...impressive. Marvel always followed more the myths and thats why they impress us.
And regular New Gods beat regular asgardians, thats true.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:34 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mann i hate it when people write suff like this, no offence Lon Pig (sorry dude you are a sound guy)

" regular New God is around 60ton lifting or so, they have Asgardians beat in the "normal" types."

when have you ever seen the average New God lifting 60 tons? To be honnest its a pretty irrelevent point, but ill stick with it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:51 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by yahman
Mann i hate it when people write suff like this, no offence Lon Pig (sorry dude you are a sound guy)

" regular New God is around 60ton lifting or so, they have Asgardians beat in the "normal" types."

when have you ever seen the average New God lifting 60 tons? To be honnest its a pretty irrelevent point, but ill stick with it.

The same thing could be said about Asgardians, though. All we can go by is basic info, and maybe handbook info. Believe me, I wish this weren't the case, I'm not a big fan of any of the New Gods, but they just outstrip the Asgardians in too many areas.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 03:00 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

"The same thing could be said about Asgardians, though. All we can go by is basic info, and maybe handbook info. Believe me, I wish this weren't the case, I'm not a big fan of any of the New Gods, but they just outstrip the Asgardians in too many areas."

Thats not my point i just hate it when people pull figures out of their arse. What made Long pig write class 60 why not 61, why not 6100000000001. I definatley agree with what you ares ayinga about the Asgardian Gods, that figure associated with them is a load of bull aswell. Instead of making up a figuer why doesn't Long Pig (and others who are guilty of the same offense) just say they are stronger. I totally agree that the avergae New God is stronger than the average Asgardian.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 03:13 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by yahman
"The same thing could be said about Asgardians, though. All we can go by is basic info, and maybe handbook info. Believe me, I wish this weren't the case, I'm not a big fan of any of the New Gods, but they just outstrip the Asgardians in too many areas."

Thats not my point i just hate it when people pull figures out of their arse. What made Long pig write class 60 why not 61, why not 6100000000001. I definatley agree with what you ares ayinga about the Asgardian Gods, that figure associated with them is a load of bull aswell. Instead of making up a figuer why doesn't Long Pig (and others who are guilty of the same offense) just say they are stronger. I totally agree that the avergae New God is stronger than the average Asgardian.

Long Pigs figure wasnt outrageous though was it? I thought it was a good guess to be honest. Anyone who would take figures off of a thread without supporting evidence and accept them as the gospel truth is just plain stupid anyway. Dont have a go at him. You knew it wasnt a concrete figure and you admit that the average new god is quite a bit stronger than the average asgardian so whats the problem?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 03:25 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Oh...My....GODS!!!

It was bad joke time, sorry. sad smile

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 03:38 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

sad sad sad
"Long Pigs figure wasnt outrageous though was it? I thought it was a good guess to be honest. Anyone who would take figures off of a thread without supporting evidence and accept them as the gospel truth is just plain stupid anyway. Dont have a go at him. You knew it wasnt a concrete figure and you admit that the average new god is quite a bit stronger than the average asgardian so whats the problem?"

Sorry Dude, I didn't know it was like that. I did sway i Likieeee Long Pig, SOrrweeeeeeeee embarrasment

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:04 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

John Byrne did use Thor in a "Fourth World" story so yes they probably were the Norse Godsbig grin

Keep the faith big grin

Know Comicssmile

Know Whirly rock

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:31 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Whirly!!
You're alive!! eek!

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:32 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am, I did go very near the Oval station where one of the bombs was though.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:34 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote