KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Optimus Prime vs Thor

Optimus Prime vs Thor
Started by: newjak86

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Optimus Prime vs Thor

Well all this talk of Unicron is driving me nuts. I personally hate the charater so to keep my sanity I'm making a thread on a person who i liked from the OG comics.
Now I know most people don't understand Prime so here is his stats.
He is roughlt 30 feet tall weighs around a fully loaded Semi 30 tons.
Strenght: 10 (He can lift many many times his own body weight which puts him in the 100+ ton range.)
Intelligence: 10 (He is very smart very shrewd.)
Hand to Hand: 10 (He is the best fighter on the Autobot side.)
Leadership: 10 (He is a master strategest)
Speed: 8 or 9 (He is very mobile for one his size meaning that if you think you will out flank him he can react just as fast.)
Durability: 10 (He can take large amounts of punishment without being injured. Also when determined to do something is almost unstoppable)
Firepower: 8 ( His weapon is a single handed power blaster capable of heavey fire at a great rate of fire.)
Just to let you know how some of these stats are showcased. Megatron who had a level ten firepower blasted someone a little smaller than Prime and sent him flying a roughly a mile or two away. But the person Shockwave had around level nine durability and just sat up from the attack unfazed.
Star scream who has level ten speed can travel faster roughly twice the speed of sound.
The rest are simple enough to figure out.
Of course we know what Thor is capable of.

sig by Rao Kal El

Last edited by Newjak on Jul 22nd, 2005 at 03:26 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:15 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I think Prime has a chance but i want to know what other people think.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:18 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've had this debate with my little bro so many times. He's big fan of transformers energon, he's got allhe toys and stuff. I've read somewhere that Optimus supreme once lifted an oilrig which would suggest that he may have strength to match Thor. But in every other department he is outclassed. Sorry Dude.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:42 AM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Really well I'm talking OG transformers and why does Thor take it.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:44 AM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Really well I'm talking OG transformers and why does Thor take it."

Id love to sit and debate and, i know how desperate you are to keep this thread going (its agood thread) but its nearly 5 in the morning where i am.

Just for sake of it what are the OG transformers

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:46 AM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

The OG transformers are the Original Genration 1 or 2 USA Marvel. Now there is also a UK OG Marvel but I usally debate USA unless I say other wise.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:49 AM
Starscream M

I think Optimus Prime's mobility is his main weakness here, he may be fast for a 30foot robot, but that's not going to cut it against the god of thunder

Thor has god blast, mjolnir at his disposal and I believe Thor is more durable than Prime

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 04:25 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Is this prime with or without the matrix powers?

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 04:27 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I'd say With, because without it, he's just Orion Pax... and that ain't gonna cut it.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 04:33 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

it would end with a godblast

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:38 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Yes but doesn't the godblast have to charge. Besides before could ever catch a breather Prime would be firing on Thor with a constant barage of fire. Also don't forget that Prime is no pushover in strength or durability. He also is a great battle field commander and h2h fighter plus he is very smart.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 10:45 AM
chilled monkey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by newjak86
Yes but doesn't the godblast have to charge. Besides before could ever catch a breather Prime would be firing on Thor with a constant barage of fire. Also don't forget that Prime is no pushover in strength or durability. He also is a great battle field commander and h2h fighter plus he is very smart.

Yep, I'd put my money on Optimus for this one.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 11:17 AM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

prime is more durable than thor and both are similar in strength (class 100 level) esp. if he lifted a rig.

primes blast can fry thor, but thor's godly resistance will allow him to take the brunt of them. if thor needs to charge his Godblast, he wont get to use it.

prime has awesome reflexes for a being his size, and his speed is phenomenal.

this is a great fight akin to thor fighting the frost giants.
i think thor will win 6/10

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 12:11 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Thor outclass him in physical strenght and durability, plus his godly reflexes and superhuman speed (Adam Warlock stated the Thunder God is fast as the lightning he commands) will outclass Prime, but not with ease.OP is a master leader and tactician, great combatant too, not as Thor, but he'll show his own, but Uru is stronger than the metal OP is composed and when Thor will start to pummel him very hard, OP will be doomed.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 04:51 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Heres a better description of Optimus Primes powers:

Powers/Abilities: As a native Cybertronian, Optimus Prime possesses the various natural abilities and capabilities of all inhabitants of the planet. The average Cybertronian are sentient mechanical beings which bestows upon them extraordinary strength and durability that far surpasses most organic life forms. Optimus Prime however is considered to be one of the more powerful representatives of Cybertron, thus his strength and durability far exceed even the most average Cybertronians. It is estimated that he can lift weights in excess of over 100 tons (200,000 pounds) and is highly resistant to damage.

Like all members of his race, Optimus Prime is also extraordinarily long lived having been in activation for centuries. Theoretically, all Cybertronians are practically immortal; providing that they have access to sufficient energy that maintains their life functions and barring any accidents or suffering from catastrophic or irreparable damage to their mechanical bodies. In fact, Cybertronians can sustain surprising levels of damage, even the near total destruction of their bodies and can be effectively be restored to full function as long as some critical circuitry and components are not destroyed.

Optimus Prime is extremely intelligent and is regarded as a great inspirational and charismatic leader. He is also one of Cybertron's finest military commanders and is an expert in strategy and tactics. He is also an exceptional hand to hand combatant and a talented marksman with his personal weapon, a powerful laser cannon rifle.

Like all Cybertronians, Optimus Prime possesses the ability to reconfigure himself from a humanoid robotic form into another alternate mode. He was reconfigured to transform into an Earth style semi-truck cab. He also has a tractor trailer that attaches to him in his vehicular mode. This tractor trailer can convert itself into a mobile command station and possesses advanced communications stations, repair bays, and dual missile-launchers. The tractor trailer/mobile command station also carries a small reconnaissance module called Roller that he can control from over 1,200 miles away. He possesses a mental link to his other two components (the mobile command station and Roller) which enables him to control them but it also makes him vulnerable that he feels the pain if either of these modules are damaged.

Optimus Prime is also in possession of an ancient Cybertronian artifact known as the Matrix or alternatively the Matrix of Leadership. The Matrix, which apparently only responds to its true wielder possesses tremendous powers and abilities, not all of which are completely understood. It is said to contain the wisdom of former Leaders or "Primes" and may very well be the source from which Cybertronian life first evolved from.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:10 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

I think Thor would win

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:11 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Thank you Galactic but why would Thor win. Normally i can count on you to give a detailed reason wht something happens.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:29 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

I'll probably type up a full argument tomorrow. I just cant be bothered right now. I just have to save what energy i do have to type a reply to the pointless post KG's going to make on the phoenix thread lol.

Basically Thor can take what Optimus can dish out. Thors stronger, Mjolnir has mystical abilities which OP has no defence for. Plus Mjolnir can create instant storms, hurricanes, lightning and so on. Mystical energy bolts. It can absorb any energy blasts OP directs Thors way. Plus Thor could win through Battlefield removal.

OP just cant stand against such an arsenal IMO

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:34 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

All very good points Galactic and I understand why you don't want to go in depth.
The only thing I will say for now is what about the Creation Matrix it is the very power of creation it's self do you think that it could somehow negate Thor's magical abilities.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:39 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by newjak86
All very good points Galactic and I understand why you don't want to go in depth.
The only thing I will say for now is what about the Creation Matrix it is the very power of creation it's self do you think that it could somehow negate Thor's magical abilities.

Doesnt OP need to save the power of the Matrix to utilise against Unicron? He wouldnt unleash its power to get himself out of a scrape with Thor would he? Does OP in the comics use the power as and when he pleases just to win battles with the decepticons? I didnt think he did but if you can prove me wrong then fair enough.

Thors arsenals just too vast, he's stronger, and he can take punishment if OP's energy attacks can bypass what Mjolnir doesnt absorb.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:44 PM