KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Alice in Chains vs Nirvana

Alice in Chains vs Nirvana
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

Alice in Chains vs Nirvana

I think Nirvana over rated.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:07 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

what the hell is going on in here?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:15 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

I love them both, but I'd have to go with Nirvana....they sound more unique.
I like them a lot for that.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 06:07 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Why is this here? There is a music discussion forum

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 06:38 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

i guess we're waiting around for a witty remark followed by the phrase: closing.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 06:44 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Alice in Chains...because they have...talent. They didn't revolutionize anything, but the guitar work was great, the songs were solid, and Layne had an awesome voice.

Nirvana just ripped of the lesser known Washington bands hardcore, like the Melvins, Mudhoney and Screaming Trees/Mark Lanegan. But no one really knows who those people are, which is why Nirvana never got caught. At least Alice was foreward with who they were; they were a rock/hard rock band, and they made no qualms about it.

Last edited by ScarletSpider on Jul 22nd, 2005 at 06:55 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 06:53 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Diamond
Restricted

Account Restricted

i have that mini series and alice in chains totally owns nirvana

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 06:57 PM
Dr. Diamond is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Diamond a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Diamond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

I like Mudhoney, Melvins, Screaming Trees and Nirvana......
they were definitely a heavy influence on Nirvana, but not a rip-off.
A lot of the bands in Seattle back in the late 80's had that sound.
They combined punk song-writing and ethics with classic rock riffs
and heavy-ness. Not so much a rip-off as cross-polination of influences.
Nirvana also had a strong pop influence from The Vaselines and Fastbacks.
If anything, Nirvana may have ripped-off GODZILLA by Blue Oyster Cult,
and EIGHTIES by Killing Joke.

Last edited by Zahit on Jul 22nd, 2005 at 07:08 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 06:58 PM
Next Venom_girl
Scream

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr. Diamond
i have that mini series and alice in chains totally owns nirvana
laughing

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 07:01 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

and just for the moderators....

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 07:02 PM
mr.smiley

AIC all the MOther &$&$&$&$&$&$&$&7 way.Nirvana sucks.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 09:49 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Well this is totally the wrong place for this kind of thread but before it gets closed down...

Alice in Chains Owns Nirvana and anything they ever put out. One day Kurt Kobain woke up sober and heard his own music, that's why he blew his head off.

Chains Rules!

And as for you Mr. Smiley, please change your sig, it causes me so much pain to see my hero getting his ass handed to him...Damn you Silva!!!

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 09:34 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I always like Pearl Jam better than bothbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 12:32 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by Zahit
i guess we're waiting around for a witty remark followed by the phrase: closing.

Yup.

And in the mean time: Nirvana is much better. Better lyrics, better melodies, better riffs. But this is all only my opinion of course.

But it is a fact Nirvana was/is much more important in the music history than Alice in Chains.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 12:36 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nirvana.
AOC is technically better at everything, but I always dug Nirvana more.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 12:39 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Originally posted by who?-kid
Yup.

And in the mean time: Nirvana is much better. Better lyrics, better melodies, better riffs. But this is all only my opinion of course.

But it is a fact Nirvana was/is much more important in the music history than Alice in Chains.

Blah! Better lyrics my eye. Better melodies like drinking pee is better than drinking wine.

Important to music history? You mean because there was a thousand other bands just like them at the time and anyone of them could have taken there place? They weren't the first and they weren't even the best at what they do and that's just sad 'cause they didn't do much.

Originally posted by long pig
Nirvana.
AOC is technically better at everything, but I always dug Nirvana more.

I spit on that! And I hurl fish flavored jam at you!

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 06:47 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Important to music history?

That's right. Like them or hate them, you can say what you want, but the fact remains that Nirvana was really important in the music history. Isn't this common knowledge ?

It's without any doubt one of the most influential bands of the nineties. They didn't invent grunge. They just put it on the world map. We can't say the same of Alice in Chains.
quote:
You mean because there was a thousand other bands just like them at the time and anyone of them could have taken there place?

Could could could... but they didn't, did they ?
quote:
They weren't the first and they weren't even the best at what they do and that's just sad 'cause they didn't do much.

Of course they weren't the first. It's impossible to say : here, this one was the first. D'uh. But they were certainly one of the first who made raw music with solid melodies that sold millions of albums.
quote:
I spit on that! And I hurl fish flavored jam at you!

Very mature counter argument.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 12:29 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

That's right. Like them or hate them, you can say what you want, but the fact remains that Nirvana was really important in the music history. Isn't this common knowledge ?

No they weren't.

It's without any doubt one of the most influential bands of the nineties. They didn't invent grunge. They just put it on the world map. We can't say the same of Alice in Chains.

Who did they influence?

Could could could... but they didn't, did they ?

Oh right, when Nirvana came out they were the only ones around, I completely forgot they carried the grunge movement all by themselves.

Of course they weren't the first. It's impossible to say : here, this one was the first. D'uh. But they were certainly one of the first who made raw music with solid melodies that sold millions of albums.

Not impossible, quite possible.

Very mature counter argument.

I'm glad you noticed.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 12:51 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ha! I fart in your general direction Merc.

Anyone in rock from the last 10 years is influenced by Nirvana, good or bad.
AIC was a bit......too little too late.

Nirvana owns. evil face

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 01:01 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Originally posted by long pig
Ha! I fart in your general direction Merc.

Anyone in rock from the last 10 years is influenced by Nirvana, good or bad.
AIC was a bit......too little too late.

Nirvana owns. evil face

Anyone in rock? No one who was worth a damn.

AIC wasn't that big cause they were doing there own thing. Not following fads doesn't get you too far.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 01:03 PM