KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Combo Man

Superman vs Combo Man
Started by: dawsey28

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dawsey28

Superman vs Combo Man

Superman vs Combo Man

Here is some info on Combo Man: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/combomanpromo.htm

Kind of a stupid character, I know, but he was powerful.

Could he defeat Superman?

Discuss.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 09:02 AM
dawsey28 is currently offline Click here to Send dawsey28 a Private Message Find more posts by dawsey28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

What ever happend to the Combo snacks?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 09:20 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

What do you mean? They are in every convenient store/gas station where I live.

quote:
Combo Man
Powers/Abilities: He can fly via jet-thrust from his boots, fire optic blasts, fire repulsor rays from his gauntlets, generate webbing, control iron and other metals via magnetism, sense dangers, and has superhuman strength and healing, the ability to generate flame, enhanced senses, and advanced fighting skills and other abilities.

That is quite a mix of powers and abilities. While I'm not sure he could beat Superman, I think he could give Supes quite a fight.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 09:42 AM
dawsey28 is currently offline Click here to Send dawsey28 a Private Message Find more posts by dawsey28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Prove it.
I need combos ASAP.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 09:50 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

What combos are we talking about here ??

PSYCHO !!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 10:01 AM
Psycho Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Psycho Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Psycho Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

ANd on the ComboMan enemy list there was AIM, is that American ONline instant Messenger ??

PSYCHO !!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 10:03 AM
Psycho Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Psycho Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Psycho Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
ANd on the ComboMan enemy list there was AIM, is that American ONline instant Messenger ??

either that or Advanced Idea Mechanics

(please log in to view the image)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 03:03 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onikirimaru
Saikyo Soulja

Although a joke, from the costume if he is an amalgamation of all those heroes, superman would probably be jealous and go to the store and buy some combos of his own to becomen Superman Combo!

"Dunno what your crying for, what did you expect? Im DAN HIBIKI!"

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 04:29 PM
Onikirimaru is currently offline Click here to Send Onikirimaru a Private Message Find more posts by Onikirimaru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

Anyone want to get back on topic and actually discuss this?

The Combos only worked on Wilder because he was he was hit by the energy ray and he had the comics with him. The combos wouldn't work on Superman like that.

Look, I know the story is a piece of crap, but I meant for this to be a serious thread. I provided info on him. I don't mind jokes and all, but lets actually have a discussion here and not let it be a joke thread only. Please. smile

He has Hulk-like strength which can match Superman's strength.

He may not be as fast as Superman, but he has Magneto's magnetism powers. (Not to be confused with the new uber-powerful Magneto, his powers are from Magneto before the upgrade. But also remember that Magneto was powerful before the upgrade.)

He also can "sense" danger like Spider-man and has Daredevil's radioactive senses. If Supes speedblitzed him, Combo man could use these powers to protect him. And if he gets hit, then he has a Wolverine/Sabretooth-esque healing factor.

Cyclops optic blast is like Superman's heat-ray vision. Although heat vision is probably more powerful. but he also has Iron-man's repulsor rays.

Mainly due to Supes' speed and the fact that Superman is more experienced with his powers, I believe Superman would win, but he'd have a fight on his hands. (Skilled in fighting like Captain America)

Actually, the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Superman might not be able to take him.

So discuss.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 05:43 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Do you mean T.J combo from killer instinct?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 05:44 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

Did you not see the info I provided?

Or are you just trying to make a joke out of the thread?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 06:45 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

joking yes

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 07:41 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

If Combo Man is like Mimic, then he has all of these powers but only half as potent and not as skilled, so he loses. However, if he's like Super Skrull, and he's MORE effective with it and MORE powerful, then he'd school Superman.

However, my guess is more the former than the latter. So he'd lose.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 07:51 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

He is an amalgamation of all of those characters.

Like Dark Claw is an amalgamation of Wolverine and Batman.

He is just as effective with the powers as the character. He is just less experienced at being a superhero. wink

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 08:23 PM
Fanboy

I am not impressed by combo man so Superman wins.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 12:07 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onikirimaru
Saikyo Soulja

He seems to need to eat combos to keep his powers activated, so Superman could just fight him until he runs out of Combos, then Supes would put him on a diet..... PERMENATLY

"Dunno what your crying for, what did you expect? Im DAN HIBIKI!"

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 05:50 AM
Onikirimaru is currently offline Click here to Send Onikirimaru a Private Message Find more posts by Onikirimaru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

Damn, I didn't even think of that.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 08:39 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Light speed punch, smashes him halfway across the galaxy.
Didnt say anything about toughness.
Or speed.
Or breathing in space.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 08:59 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Combo Breaker!!!!

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 10:55 PM
dawsey28

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
Light speed punch, smashes him halfway across the galaxy.
Didnt say anything about toughness.
Or speed.
Or breathing in space.

quote:
He has Hulk-like strength which can match Superman's strength.

He may not be as fast as Superman, but he has Magneto's magnetism powers. (Not to be confused with the new uber-powerful Magneto, his powers are from Magneto before the upgrade. But also remember that Magneto was powerful before the upgrade.)

He also can "sense" danger like Spider-man and has Daredevil's radioactive senses. If Supes speedblitzed him, Combo man could use these powers to protect him. And if he gets hit, then he has a Wolverine/Sabretooth-esque healing factor.

Cyclops optic blast is like Superman's heat-ray vision. Although heat vision is probably more powerful. but he also has Iron-man's repulsor rays.

Mainly due to Supes' speed and the fact that Superman is more experienced with his powers, I believe Superman would win, but he'd have a fight on his hands.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 05:30 AM