KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » these powerful x-men VS the fantastic four

these powerful x-men VS the fantastic four
Started by: stormfront13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stormfront13

Smile these powerful x-men VS the fantastic four

alright, in this new uproar of f4 threads, many people are saying that the fantastic four are marvels unbeatable team. that no team can beat them. how do these x-men do against the fantastic four.

storm
polaris
emma frost
psylock

VS

Invisable Woman
The Thing
Mr. Fantastic
The Human Torch

no prep, set in an abandoned city

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 05:53 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: these powerful x-men VS the fantastic four

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stormfront13
alright, in this new uproar of f4 threads, many people are saying that the fantastic four are marvels unbeatable team. that no team can beat them. how do these x-men do against the fantastic four.

Simple. They loose. Ain't no team of X-men beating the fantastic four. stick out tongue

Last edited by whobdamandog on Aug 28th, 2005 at 07:04 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 07:02 PM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Whats the fascination with the X-Men beating the F4? I thought it was clear that the X-Men fight evil mutants while the F4 are Earth's firsts line of Defense against comsic and interdimensional threats.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 07:27 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Wynndar
Whats the fascination with the X-Men beating the F4? I thought it was clear that the X-Men fight evil mutants while the F4 are Earth's firsts line of Defense against comsic and interdimensional threats.
Dont you mean Reed Richards is the Earths first line of defense against cosmic and interdimensional threats. The other three are just along for the ride.

Imagine if Reed was the leader of the X-men....................

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 07:39 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

No I don't mean that at all. The Thing was a competent leader of the F4 and so was Invisible Woman. IW was still the leader when they first fought Hyperstorm. Reed was there but he wasn't leading the team. What if Reed were the leader of the X-Men? I don't get it. I think you have an inflated view of the X-Men. The F4 are generally more powerful than the X-Men.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 07:45 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

If they fought based on their powers alone the X-men should be able to beat the FF.

The only reason the FF win most of their conflicts is due to some device or machine that Reed keeps in his pocket.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 07:48 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

The F4 are generally more powerful than the X-Men.

yeah, I think you mean with prep-time

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 07:53 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Originally posted by snoopdogg
If they fought based on their powers alone the X-men should be able to beat the FF.

The only reason the FF win most of their conflicts is due to some device or machine that Reed keeps in his pocket.

well you're entitled to your opinion. But that leads me to think you don't know much about the F4's powers. Based on their powers IW can protect the team, which she does frequently, and either she or her brother could single handedly over power or destroy that whole team of X-Men.

yeah, I think you mean with prep-time

I'm not referring to prep time at all. When the Torch displays the upper limits of his powers he has over powered Graviton and burned through planets. Galactus called his power deadly when he attempted a supernova on him. U realize the Torch almost destroyed the Earth once when he was being controlled by a maniac? No because you haven't read much F4. IW has broken through the armor of Exitar and destroyed his physical manifestation. When Angry, she effortlessly put a huge invisible battering ram all the way through Galactus' chest! When the Thing was able to change back and forth from Ben Grimm, his Thing form retaliated by reproducing itself hundreds of times into an army of Things that would have destroyed the FF, Avengers, X-Men, and the rest of civilization, if not for the intervention of a highly evolved omnipotent piece of the Thing's skin. The Thing gas also held his own against the Hulk, Champion of the Universe, Terrax, Wrecker, Ronin the Accuser, Occulus, Blackbolt, etc. People who normally take on more teams and who individually possess more power than this whole team of X-Men. Reed has fought Doom, Namor, and Crucible one on one. He generally comes up with the means to defeat incalculably powerful enemies like the Dreaming Celestial. But if you read F4 comics, you would know they routinely fight and defeat powerful teams and individuals of superior magnitude than the X-Men.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 08:16 PM
stormfront13

well you're entitled to your opinion. But that leads me to think you don't know much about the F4's powers. Based on their powers IW can protect the team, which she does frequently, and either she or her brother could single handedly over power or destroy that whole team of X-Men.

ha ha ha ha, yeah, IW couldn't take this whole team, and her brother gets punked by storm easy.

quote:
I'm not referring to prep time at all. When the Torch displays the upper limits of his powers he has over powered Graviton and burned through planets. Galactus called his power deadly when he attempted a supernova on him. U realize the Torch almost destroyed the Earth once when he was being controlled by a maniac? No because you haven't read much F4. IW has broken through the armor of Exitar and destroyed his physical manifestation. When Angry, she effortlessly put a huge invisible battering ram all the way through Galactus' chest! When the Thing was able to change back and forth from Ben Grimm, his Thing form retaliated by reproducing itself hundreds of times into an army of Things that would have destroyed the FF, Avengers, X-Men, and the rest of civilization, if not for the intervention of a highly evolved omnipotent piece of the Thing's skin. The Thing gas also held his own against the Hulk, Champion of the Universe, Terrax, Wrecker, Ronin the Accuser, Occulus, Blackbolt, etc. People who normally take on more teams and who individually possess more power than this whole team of X-Men. Reed has fought Doom, Namor, and Crucible one on one. He generally comes up with the means to defeat incalculably powerful enemies like the Dreaming Celestial. But if you read F4 comics, you would know they routinely fight and defeat powerful teams and individuals of superior magnitude than the X-Men.

really? when jean grey shows the upper limits of her powers, she blinks and almost everything is destroyed. when storm shows the upper-most of her powers, she could destroy the planet and make it unlivable. when xavier shows the upmost of his powers he could kill almost everyone on the planet. same goes for polaris and iceman. galactus may think torch is powerful, but he gets killed by phoenix who is an x-man and always will be. when angry, phoenix threatens all of existance, and when angry, storm could destroy the world. yeah, 100's of thngs did that, not one. storm has fought doom, and he was scared of her.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 08:30 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Well I guess debating with you is pointless. The Torch is beaten by storm because he doesnt want to hurt her. He has already almost killed her, and that was an accident and with his lowest level of flame. The Torch HAS almost destroyed the Earth...he has actually changed its shape. I've never seen Storm effect the entire planet. Regardless effecting the weather on the whole plane is highly less impressive than blowing a hole through it. Jean Grey is highly powerful. Almost as powerful as IW. However using the EXTERNAL power of the Phoenix she is one of the most powerful humans ever. That is not under her own power though. All you've done is regurgitate information an 8 year old could decipher from watching the X-Men cartoon. However, since you know little about the F4, you were oblivious to the information I told you. It is obvious that the FF are more powerful than X-Men. Thats why memebers of the F4 can take on big opponents all on their own. Storm couldnt fight Devos, Lyja, and Paibok all on her own. Torch took them on and overpowered them.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 08:43 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

ha ha ha ha, yeah, IW couldn't take this whole team, and her brother gets punked by storm easy.

really? when jean grey shows the upper limits of her powers, she blinks and almost everything is destroyed. when storm shows the upper-most of her powers, she could destroy the planet and make it unlivable. when xavier shows the upmost of his powers he could kill almost everyone on the planet. same goes for polaris and iceman. galactus may think torch is powerful, but he gets killed by phoenix who is an x-man and always will be. when angry, phoenix threatens all of existance, and when angry, storm could destroy the world. yeah, 100's of thngs did that, not one. storm has fought doom, and he was scared of her.

gibberish smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 08:45 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

And what happened to your argument about prep time? U assume the F4 need prep time since you don't read F4, u just HEARD they use a lot of prep time. I demonstrated those examples and you didnt respond to that at all...just changes the subject to how powerful the X-Men COULD be.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 08:46 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

And what happened to your argument about prep time? U assume the F4 need prep time since you don't read F4, u just HEARD they use a lot of prep time. I demonstrated those examples and you didnt respond to that at all...just changes the subject to how powerful the X-Men COULD be.

Indeed smile

And Phoenix doesn't kill Galactus except in the minds of two people on this board smile Whereas Krona does smile

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 08:49 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Yea but thats from a story of relatively poor quality compared to examples from actual Marvel comics in continuity.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 08:53 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea but thats from a story of relatively poor quality compared to examples from actual Marvel comics in continuity.

Busiek writing, Perez art superb smile

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 08:55 PM
stormfront13

Well I guess debating with you is pointless. The Torch is beaten by storm because he doesnt want to hurt her. He has already almost killed her, and that was an accident and with his lowest level of flame. The Torch HAS almost destroyed the Earth...he has actually changed its shape. I've never seen Storm effect the entire planet. Regardless effecting the weather on the whole plane is highly less impressive than blowing a hole through it. Jean Grey is highly powerful. Almost as powerful as IW. However using the EXTERNAL power of the Phoenix she is one of the most powerful humans ever. That is not under her own power though. All you've done is regurgitate information an 8 year old could decipher from watching the X-Men cartoon. However, since you know little about the F4, you were oblivious to the information I told you. It is obvious that the FF are more powerful than X-Men. Thats why memebers of the F4 can take on big opponents all on their own. Storm couldnt fight Devos, Lyja, and Paibok all on her own. Torch took them on and overpowered them.

and debating with you is pointless, because you are overly biased to the f4. the torch can;t hurt storm. a pressure dome would protect her from his attacks. storm could just as easily kill torch. and because you haven't seen storm affect the entire lanet doesn't mean it hasn't happened. you aren't an avid reader of the x-men anyway. omg, i can't believe you just said jean was almost as powerful as IW. jean would absolutley kill IW. no questions asked, IW is a little ant compared to jean. the phoenix isn't an outside force for jean, the pf is jeans ultimate mutation. they are one. even w/out the pf, jean easily betas sue. it is obvious that the x-men are more powerful than the f4. iceman alone could take the f4.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 08:58 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Im not attacking the writers...they did their best. But the story arcs in F4 and X-Men have often taken years to develop ie when Defalco or Byrne were writing.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 09:02 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

There are like SIX of these threads now, I'm convinced if you put phoenix on the damned team they'd still lose stick out tongue

xmen are nothing to the FF dammit!!!!

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 09:07 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im not attacking the writers...they did their best. But the story arcs in F4 and X-Men have often taken years to develop ie when Defalco or Byrne were writing.

Continuity v Byrne

Continuity always loses.

The man who created so many hole in continuity means they will never be tied up. Funniest was his 2 origins of the Vision.

Serious Whirly for a minute confused If you have ever read his "Next Men" book, where he had a column called "a flame about this high", you will realise what a bitter man he is laughing out loud

check it out smile

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 09:10 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

and debating with you is pointless, because you are overly biased to the f4. the torch can;t hurt storm. a pressure dome would protect her from his attacks. storm could just as easily kill torch. and because you haven't seen storm affect the entire lanet doesn't mean it hasn't happened. you aren't an avid reader of the x-men anyway. omg, i can't believe you just said jean was almost as powerful as IW. jean would absolutley kill IW. no questions asked, IW is a little ant compared to jean. the phoenix isn't an outside force for jean, the pf is jeans ultimate mutation. they are one. even w/out the pf, jean easily betas sue. it is obvious that the x-men are more powerful than the f4. iceman alone could take the f4.

Torch has never fired Nova flame at Storm...It would kill her. Even his weakest flame would kill her. He grazed her on accident and she nearly died. THE TORCH BLEW A HOLE THROUGH THE EARTH AND INCREASED THE TEMPERATURE OF THE CORE CAUSING THE PLANET TO EXPAND AND U THINK A PRESSURE DOME WOULD PROTECT STORM FROM THAT?!!!??!?!?!?. Im an F4 fan I'll admit. But ur an utter fanboy. PF and JG's natural powers r two different things...saying they are connected by destiny is simply that writers vision. Anyone can use resoning to prove otherwise. F4 are Marvel's most effective team. The X-Men are evil mutant crime fighters and their comics are awesome. I do read X-Men, I grew up reading Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine was my favorite in 5th grade. I still buy all Uncanny and X-Men...but I avoid buying Astonishing X-Men and the other titles...I just read through them when Im in the store. So I'd be happy to debate with you if you could come up with some support from the comic books instead of saying how "OBVIOUS" it is that the X-Men would win even though they have a huge roster and routinely fight less powerful villains than the FF.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 09:28 PM