KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Best use of prep

Best use of prep
Started by: Crease

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Best use of prep

Who in all of comics makes the best use of prep? I'm talking short term (a few hours to a week) and long (months to years). I've come up with a short list, feel free to add any I've left out.

1. Thanos
2. Reed Richards
3. Lex Luthor
4. Batman
5. V (V for Vandetta)
6. Dr. Strange
7. Deathstroke
8. Darth Sidious
9. Tony Stark
10. Dr. Doom

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 07:44 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

reed

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 07:46 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
..:Sn0w:..

Alexander Luthor

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 07:57 PM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

Ozymandias, fool!

But Batman, Lex and Thanos come close behind.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 08:22 PM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hancock1

Thanos is good with prep.But I don't know about him being top dog

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 09:08 PM
Hancock1 is currently offline Click here to Send Hancock1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hancock1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

The only real thing i've seen Batman do with prep is pwn Superman in Hush.

Of course thats no small feat either.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 03:01 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Doom should be near the top.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 03:02 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by badabing
Doom should be near the top.

Damn forgot about Doom.

Yeah Doom pretty much would be at least in the top 5.

Heck he defeated the freakin' Beyonder with Prep! I would like to see Batman do that.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 03:07 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

you should add Alex Luthor Jr. he definitely would be top 5

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 03:12 AM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superman41082

Originally posted by Grimm22
Damn forgot about Doom.

Yeah Doom pretty much would be at least in the top 5.

Heck he defeated the freakin' Beyonder with Prep! I would like to see Batman do that.

Guys, they're all great. This one is going to depend on the situation. All these guys are good, and all of them are best at what they do. If it's detective work that you need, it'll be Batman, etc. etc. There's no need to invalidate any of them, because they're all great. It's going to come down to the nature of the task.

sig by Juggernaut66666

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 04:14 AM
superman41082 is currently offline Click here to Send superman41082 a Private Message Find more posts by superman41082 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Reed, Luthor, Batman, and Doom are the top 4. #1 is probably Batman or Reed.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 04:24 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superman41082

Originally posted by superman41082
Guys, they're all great. This one is going to depend on the situation. All these guys are good, and all of them are best at what they do. If it's detective work that you need, it'll be Batman, etc. etc. There's no need to invalidate any of them, because they're all great. It's going to come down to the nature of the task.

What I said minus these guys.......

5. V (V for Vandetta)
6. Dr. Strange
7. Deathstroke
8. Darth Sidious
9. Tony Stark

sig by Juggernaut66666

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 04:37 AM
superman41082 is currently offline Click here to Send superman41082 a Private Message Find more posts by superman41082 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

My order would be:

Long term prep
1. Thanos of Titan
2. Darth Sidious
3. Bats
4. Lex Luthor
5 V
6.Doom...Can't think of ay long term feats for the other guys.

Short term prep
1.Reed
2. Thanos of Titan
3. Doom/Strange
4. Bats
5. Luthor
6. Tony Stark...It gets hazy after this, and I don't know eough of Deathstroke to place him.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 01:39 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

Long term prep Alex Luthor should definitely be top five.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 01:45 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Originally posted by Superherovandal
Long term prep Alex Luthor should definitely be top five.

I'll have to take your word on it...never read anything with him in it.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 02:12 PM
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

he planned the entire Infinite Crisis. all of it.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 05:36 PM
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Just finished reading Infinite Crisis...Alexander Luthor is definitely #1 with long-term prep...Wow.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 02:07 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Marvel
LongTerm, I'd say Thanos. 1. Thanos. He knew about the HOTU during the Infinity Abyss saga, but didn't do anything about it until Marvel: The End. He knew what players to grab when Warlocks good and bad sides went bonkers. He also grabbed "supreme" power 3 times.

Shortterm, Doctor Strange. In the Infinity Gauntlet series, he knew he'd have to fight Adam Warlock so he grabbed all of his most powerful artifacts and used the Eye of Agamotto to hide them. And was able to overcome the powers of the infinity gauntlets with shortterm prep.

DC
Longterm
It'd be a tossup between Lex Luthor and Alex Luthor. Lex planned for the eventual dead of Alex by Joker.

Shortterm, batman. That guys got mad detective analytical skills.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 02:14 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 02:24 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

thanos and Dr. doom are cool so i pick them.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 02:24 AM
Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote