KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battle Of Gods

Battle Of Gods
Started by: Lord Urizen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Battle Of Gods

Not to be confused or related to the INFINITE Battle Royal

These are the contenders:

Yahweh/Presence - from DC

The One Above All - from Marvel

God from Image - Image

Ahura Mazda - from DAWN by Linsner

GOD from Saint of Killers issues

Any other version of GOD from any other comic book source I failed to mention

I know this may seem impossible to debate, but if you look into it, it's not. There's many reasons why ONE could overpower the other....just think and back up your opinion however you can.

[Feel Free to state your reasons/opinions/and even make up scenarios for why you think whichever GOD of your choice would win. ]*

Even you GS smile

Old Post May 13th, 2006 12:55 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Like for example, Galactic Storm, you stated that we don't know if TOAA is Marvel's true supreme being, therefore its POSSIBLE that DC's Yahweh/Presence may be able to beat him.

Stuff like that....bring up whatever reasoning you can, don't feel your opinion won't matter or be invalid, anyone can be right here.

Old Post May 13th, 2006 12:57 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

A very irate Jesus.

Attachment: godysseypages4and5sm.jpg
This has been downloaded 123 time(s).

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 13th, 2006 12:59 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Continued.

Attachment: godysseypage6.jpg
This has been downloaded 114 time(s).

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 13th, 2006 01:00 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I for one say... who cares? We barely get to see any of these characters and it'd just be a stalemate so there really was not that much of a point to making this thread.

Old Post May 13th, 2006 01:11 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Takion

We barely know about image god.

Thank You Scarlet Speed/Flash/Surfer/GL smile

Old Post May 13th, 2006 01:12 AM
Takion is currently offline Click here to Send Takion a Private Message Find more posts by Takion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

We barely know anything about the other ones either.

Old Post May 13th, 2006 01:14 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Is anybody going to post on ANY of the threads? It's been awhile. confused

Old Post May 13th, 2006 01:31 AM
Badabing
Karen

I have already showed the winner.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 13th, 2006 01:39 AM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

<<<I for one say... who cares? We barely get to see any of these characters and it'd just be a stalemate so there really was not that much of a point to making this thread.>>>>

I think you're jumping too fast here. You severely over looked it. I understand if you are not familiar with all the "Gods" above, but I sort of am. I could make several arguments here that would favor one god over the other, but I want to hear what someone else can come up with first

Old Post May 13th, 2006 02:09 AM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

We barely know anything about the other ones either.

Umm...Would you like me to explain the background behind a few of them ?

Sorry, I didn't consider that most people on this forum might not be familiar with the other versions. I am guessing MOST people here are Marvel and DC fans..only

Old Post May 13th, 2006 02:10 AM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

We barely know about image god

That may be true, but what do we know about him. Well What do I know about him:

1) he has presented himself in the form of an old lady to both Spawn and Angela at different times.

2) He (She really) allowed Spawn to take her hostage in that building several dozen issues back

3) He/She DID create the Image Universe as she stated to Angela in Curse of the Spawn

4) Has abandoned her post in Heaven

Old Post May 13th, 2006 02:13 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Well, since they are almost never shown or even mentioned in comics for that matter, this thread is going nowhere. I hope you know this. wink

Old Post May 13th, 2006 02:15 AM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Well, since they are almost never shown or even mentioned in comics for that matter, this thread is going nowhere. I hope you know this

This thread will go no where if everyone looks at it that way. Okay let me change the question from who would win, to who would go down first.

I understand that If you know nothing about any of them, you can't argue.

But these characters are not all super-secret. There is a lot of info on some of them, and a debate CAN be made.

I think I'll just give my opinion first then, and lets see where it goes.

even if it only lasts like 10 replies

Old Post May 13th, 2006 02:24 AM
Badabing
Karen

Why don't you post links to the characters?

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 13th, 2006 02:27 AM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Why don't you post links to the characters?

That's a great idea, I will try my best to find valid and informative links on all characters.

Let me just give my input, I feel obligated to do so just to give someone something to debate with me on.......

Yahweh/Presence - from DC Is said to be completely beyond the concepts of Death/Oblivion. Therefore cannot die. Debators have said that Yahweh actually created the Presense as he did the Word, etc.
He is father to Lucifer and Micheal etc, each character is said to have the power to create and destroy entire multiverses, although the validity to that has been challenged as well. Yahweh has the ability to reshape reality as he sees fit. Any decision he makes has been described by some latin word meaning "From the Beginning of Time" meaning that any new command he gives will AUTOMATICALLY ERASE the old structure and order, making it as if it NEVER EXISTED...this info I read from a Lucifer issue.

This version of God, however, does seem to have his limits. He has conflict and frustration with his defiant son Lucifer who always challenges everything about him. This version of God is imperfect. If he would re-create the entire order of a Universe/Multiverse, that would mean it was because he made a mistake with the old order, and therefore needed to rectify it.

I remember in his argument with a female character, he justified his reasoning for wanting to destroy the old universe and recreate a new one by saying if he DID re create it, it will be as if the current universe NEVER existed, therefore he would have not killed ANY ONE...because they would have re verted to non existance before actually "dying".

He seems to be a bully and a JADED individual in many of his convos.

The One Above All - from Marvel Not much is known about him except that he is above Living Tribunal and therfore above IG. So we would have to look at info on Living Tribunal to make some judgements. He may be equal to or above Classic Beyonder, and remember: Classic Beyonder's only flaw was that he didn't know what "DESIRE" was, but he had the power of many multiverses. Also some people claim that Thanos w HOTU is equal to or STRONGER than TOAA....if anyone knows about this, you can try and make a point based on this bit. GS claimed that we dont even truly know if TOAA is Marvel's God or Supreme Being, so this would suggest that Yahweh could be above TOAA.

God from Image - Image- I stated his/her info above.

Ahura Mazda - from DAWN by Linsner IS LITERALLY supposed to be GOD..God of the Christian, Islam, and Judaic religions combined. However, he is not the supreme being in Dawn's Universe. In fact he is a FRAWD and a BULLY and a HYPOCRIT, not to mention he's actually gay. He is Lucifer's lover, and banished him from Heaven when Lucifer would not follow his plans, only to forgive him with smooch later on in the series. Dawn was able to cut off Ahura Mazda's hand with this cosmic level sword.

Don't get confused here....Ahura Mazda IS very powerful, and probably more powerful than Dawn herself. He did create Heaven, Hell and the Angels. However, he is below Death in Cosmic Heirarchy. Cernunnos, Dawn's lover and Death incarnate himself, is above "GOD" in this mythos. He is indeed VERY powerful, probly more than Mistress Death from Marvel or Death of the Endless from Vertigo.

GOD from Saint of Killers issues...I don't know much about Saint of Killers, but from what I heard God in this version was KILLED by Saint of Killers, therefore this God is not truly immortal. He or Ahura Mazda might be the first "GODS" to lose this battle.

In my opinion it either comes down to Yahweh, TOAA, or God from Image.

Okay...ne more possiblities here? Don't be afraid to throw in any other "GOD" u know, and don't be afraid to challenge my statements.

Old Post May 13th, 2006 02:52 AM
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by badabing
Continued.

Since when did Jesus turn into a fighter?

Old Post May 13th, 2006 03:02 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

ive got image god vs image devil

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post May 13th, 2006 03:06 AM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Since when did Jesus turn into a fighter?

Yeah its kinda cheesy and Christian propaganda in my opinion, not to mention it goes AGAINST everything Jesus stood for...non violence being one of those things...

Ahh....but they you had the right to bring him up (the person who did). Do you honestly think this Jesus would kill all of the above ?

If so, why ?

Old Post May 13th, 2006 03:11 AM
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

can somone post the rest plz after zues and hesus stand off

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post May 13th, 2006 07:03 AM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote