KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Orion

Superman vs Orion
Started by: Accel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Accel

Superman vs Orion

I did a search and I actually did see a few threads of this fight, but unfortunately they all had 1 or 2 posts at the most and did not really go anywhere. So, hopefully, this one will turn out better.

Who wins?

Old Post May 13th, 2006 08:33 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RUNMAN
SUICIDAL SANDBAR SURFER

Supes is the shiznit in this fight! Orion doesn't stand a chance...

Old Post May 13th, 2006 08:35 PM
RUNMAN is currently offline Click here to Send RUNMAN a Private Message Find more posts by RUNMAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Actually Orion would beat superman with in of his life not holding back, Orion with the astro force will rock superman ass. Orion smarter, better fighter, stronger with out motherbox which checks his true strength and rage. Superman has the writers on his side, even superman beating a Avatar of Darkseid is bad writing.

Old Post May 13th, 2006 08:58 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Orion in his true form would step on most people. He absolutely wrecked a galaxy sized planet in Apokolips. Most of the top levels New Gods like Orion and Lightray should have it all over normal top tier heros. Too bad they've become a race of jobbers.

Old Post May 13th, 2006 09:00 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

Yeah with his full power Orion would win this fight.

Old Post May 13th, 2006 09:43 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darksaint

Orion at his full power would beat a well written Darkseid. Orion at his full potential, full control of the Astro Force and with greater access to it, would be above most in DCU.

Old Post May 13th, 2006 10:05 PM
Darksaint is currently offline Click here to Send Darksaint a Private Message Find more posts by Darksaint Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
Orion in his true form would step on most people. He absolutely wrecked a galaxy sized planet in Apokolips. Most of the top levels New Gods like Orion and Lightray should have it all over normal top tier heros. Too bad they've become a race of jobbers.

orion rarely jobs. sad and yes, unlike almost any other hero in the dcu, orion has the raw power to take out supes. problem is if supes takes out his glider, orion loses some control of the af and i don't believe he can fly without it. that would give supes an insurmountable advantage, imo. someone might also bring up t-vo. and i'm not sure how orion would fare against that power.

Old Post May 13th, 2006 11:53 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Superman wins .......

Orion jobs........... To hype perhaps in his own comics he has better showing........... (and i don't read his comics)

But from what I saw in JLA ......... first he couldn’t handle Superman (and it wasn't only him)

I will have to say Superman wins 7/10

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post May 14th, 2006 12:35 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Wow talk about a good fight. I remember they fought in Superman MOT #13. Orion blasted Supes with the AF and it knocked Supes halfway across Earth. Then Superman punched Orion from India to China.

Supes was getting the better of him in that fight.

I say Supes wins 6/10.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post May 14th, 2006 12:54 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

he does indeed have better showings. like having crazy combat skills, and crazy fighting speeds. he's also been shown to be at least equal physically to darkseid and beat him in fair, 1on1 combat. not many can make that claim.

Old Post May 14th, 2006 01:19 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by leonidas
he does indeed have better showings. like having crazy combat skills, and crazy fighting speeds. he's also been shown to be at least equal physically to darkseid and beat him in fair, 1on1 combat. not many can make that claim.
Orion is a stud. DC needs to use him more often.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...OrionMOT_13.jpg(Here is a scan of Orion blastin Supes with AF)

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post May 14th, 2006 01:22 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Orion is a stud. DC needs to use him more often.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...OrionMOT_13.jpg(Here is a scan of Orion blastin Supes with AF)

yes

seriously, his simonson series was great! i don't know why more people didn't get it . . . sad

orion IS awesome . . .

Old Post May 14th, 2006 01:25 AM
HaSon

Originally posted by leonidas
orion rarely jobs. sad

Rarely but when he does job, he jobs big. I recall a JLA issue where he was screaming in agony from burning gasoline. embarrasment

Physically, Simonson compared Orion to the Silver Age Mangog. That's if we're talking about Orion playing without his kids gloves on.

Old Post May 14th, 2006 04:09 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

But how does Orion fight with the astro-harness on? it seems to hold him in one place, only allowing him to blast.

Old Post May 14th, 2006 04:57 PM
General Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Orion can battle superman head up without the harness, the harness cotrolns the flow of the Astro -Force with out it, it's raw astro force that will hit superman. Orion without mother box, will walk all over superman, orion in strenght will be like warrior madness thor all abilities increase. Orion hands down is one of the few beings that can beat Superman the others Black Adam, Darkseid, Wonder Woman,Captain Marvel.

full potentail Orion=Thor, without BS writing.

Old Post May 14th, 2006 08:09 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

except he's stronger, better healer, and better fighter. and full potential AF is capable of a lot more than the Odin Force and Godblast. Orion needs to get some mastery over it is all.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post May 14th, 2006 10:55 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

Supes goes down hard

Old Post May 14th, 2006 11:46 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by the Darkone
Orion can battle superman head up without the harness, the harness cotrolns the flow of the Astro -Force with out it, it's raw astro force that will hit superman. Orion without mother box, will walk all over superman, orion in strenght will be like warrior madness thor all abilities increase. Orion hands down is one of the few beings that can beat Superman the others Black Adam, Darkseid, Wonder Woman,Captain Marvel.

full potentail Orion=Thor, without BS writing.

1. without the harness, orion loses control of the astroforce. it's not 'more raw' or more powerful. he has a harder time focusing it is all.

2. without motherbox, he loses a lot of knowledge. he was without motherbox in his series for a while (and it was eventaully replaced by an apokolips father box) but he was not stronger, or uncontrollable. i used to believe the same thing -- he would be wild and mad without it -- that didn't seem to be the case at all. not sure where that rumor actually started.

3. there is nothing hands down about beating supes. without the harness orion would be at a severe disadvantage, though it is unlikely in the extreme that even supes could damage the harness. it was said by orion to be an extension of the source itself, and its origins were a mystery to even the new gods. orion is not able to fly without the harness however, though he retains his some of his superspeed. not sure of the extent of his speed while on the ground though, but his agility is extremely high as well.

orion could beat supes if written correctly. if written correctly, he can beat almost anyone.

Old Post May 15th, 2006 12:33 AM
the Darkone

Originally posted by Superherovandal
except he's stronger, better healer, and better fighter. and full potential AF is capable of a lot more than the Odin Force and Godblast. Orion needs to get some mastery over it is all.

Uh no! Thor feats>>>Orion

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:26 AM
MattDay

1) thor is strong but not in the league of the highest showings superman and orion have shown. dont argue THAT is fact.

2) Orion was starting to lose to superman in the fight as someone said, he was getting the better of him.

3)superman wins

Old Post May 15th, 2006 07:31 AM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote