KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Warlock runs the gauntlet

Warlock runs the gauntlet
Started by: draxx_tOfU

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Warlock runs the gauntlet

this is classic warlock, but around about the early formation of the Infinity Watch...

he has the SG...

how does he fare against these guys?

1.Apocalypse
2.Gladiator
3.Loki
4.Firelord
5.Blackbolt
6.Thor
7.Quasar
8.Silver surfer
9.Doctor Strange
10.Thanos

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 09:16 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Warlock runs the gauntlet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
this is classic warlock, but around about the early formation of the Infinity Watch...

he has the SG...

how does he fare against these guys?

1.Apocalypse
2.Gladiator
3.Loki
4.Firelord
5.Blackbolt
6.Thor
7.Quasar
8.Silver surfer
9.Doctor Strange
10.Thanos

Finishes Thanos w/IG

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 09:34 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

6-7 can give him a hard time, but i say Dr. Strange takes him down for sure.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 09:45 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

I dont'... I think he clears it.

-_-

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 09:49 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Thor has actually resisted the soul-suck. And Warlock's a beast, but really doesn't have much on Thor as far as overall power.

So he stops at 6. Take Thor out and I think he'd make it to Surfer, or maybe Strange.

Last edited by Digi on Jan 9th, 2007 at 10:48 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 10:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Thor resisted his soul suck but thanos didn't!? wild!

-_-

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 10:52 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Thor resisted his soul suck but thanos didn't!? wild!

Actually, I don't think he's ever tried it on Thanos.

Thanos Clones, yes, but not the real deal.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 10:54 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

but soul ripping isnt his only option...

besides, warlock might dance with thor for a time, blasting him with karmic energy or his own cosmic energy and then use the soul rip when his defenses are low...

i truly believe adam can defeat thor, as their first encounter was a bit dodgy to me, considering that he was trying to imprison balder and sif and at the same time fighting thor...

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 11:45 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

The sg only limits a couple of his abilities...

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 11:59 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Originally posted by Rewmac
The sg only limits a couple of his abilities...

yes...

i believe he was more powerful when he was "Him", sans soul gem...

although the soul gem displayed awesome power when Adam was on counter-earth, such as devolving individuals...

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 12:07 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

yes...

i believe he was more powerful when he was "Him", sans soul gem...

Not necessarily. The SG dampens some of his natural abilities, but post SG Warlock had quite a few of his old powers back, in a ddition to some new ones. He was just smart enough to evolve past a regular brawler, like he was in the "Him" era.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 12:30 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

i would love to see current warlock's skill and strategic thinking combined with his overall power as "Him"...

almost defeating a WM Thor is nothing to be ashamed at...

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 12:40 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

i would love to see current warlock's skill and strategic thinking combined with his overall power as "Him"...

almost defeating a WM Thor is nothing to be ashamed at...

No, not at all.

I'd actually contend that current Warlock isn't quite so far as you'd think in terms of power from the old "Him". Brawling, and straight-up fighting, isn't as big a part of his character anymore, but he's shown he's capable of doing it when necessary.

...read my first tourney match that'll be up on Sunday. I think you'll see exactly what I mean. He may not be the stud he was as "Him", but his skill, diversity of powers, and intelligence might actually make him more formidable.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 12:44 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Originally posted by DigiMark007
No, not at all.

I'd actually contend that current Warlock isn't quite so far as you'd think in terms of power from the old "Him". Brawling, and straight-up fighting, isn't as big a part of his character anymore, but he's shown he's capable of doing it when necessary.

...read my first tourney match that'll be up on Sunday. I think you'll see exactly what I mean. He may not be the stud he was as "Him", but his skill, diversity of powers, and intelligence might actually make him more formidable.

cool... cool

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 12:55 AM