KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battle of potential! SBP versus Sentry!

Battle of potential! SBP versus Sentry!
Started by: Kutulu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cool Battle of potential! SBP versus Sentry!

This fight SBP starts off fully charged, as in how he was when he first appeared in IC, versus Sentry.

Now we havent' seen the full potential of either character, but both do have some impressive feats, but not a lot to go by. So who takes it and why?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 09:54 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Battle of potential! SBP versus Sentry!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kutulu
This fight SBP starts off fully charged, as in how he was when he first appeared in IC, versus Sentry.

Now we havent' seen the full potential of either character, but both do have some impressive feats, but not a lot to go by. So who takes it and why?

SBP

thank u bz

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 09:59 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmeat
Restricted

Account Restricted

i guess sentry.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 10:09 PM
xmeat is currently offline Click here to Send xmeat a Private Message Find more posts by xmeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

MILLION EXPLODING SUNS PWANS!
stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 10:13 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Id say SBP based on feats, Sentry really still hasn't done much. But in full potential I'd have to agree with Priest, A million exploding suns for the win.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 10:22 PM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

At their best potential? Well, we've already seen SBP's, and he's a whiny emo punk.

Sentry's limits are still to be seen, but I haven't seen anyone overload Creel the way he did.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 11:01 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supreme being
Astet controller

Originally posted by Priest
stick out tongue

They must have been gulf ball size suns, Sentrys an overhyphed pansy and is filling in for Thor it wont be long until someone drops a beating on him. Superboy prime wins breaking Sentry in half.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 11:07 PM
Supreme being is currently offline Click here to Send Supreme being a Private Message Find more posts by Supreme being Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Supreme being
They must have been gulf ball size suns, Sentrys an overhyphed pansy and is filling in for Thor it wont be long until someone drops a beating on him. Superboy prime wins breaking Sentry in half.

no expression

That wasn't even close to necissary. Just because Emo Prime wasn't up to snuff doesn't give you reason to hate on a Marvel character.

Besides, this is potential, not a straight up fight, kiddo. Reading is fundamental.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 11:08 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supreme being
Astet controller

Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
no expression

That wasn't even close to necissary. Just because Emo Prime wasn't up to snuff doesn't give you reason to hate on a Marvel character.

Besides, this is potential, not a straight up fight, kiddo. Reading is fundamental.

confused What because his a Marvel character i cant hate him, well as people seem to have different preferences in life i don't think its unusual for me to dislike a certain character.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Reading certainly is fundemetal

Read closely do you notice the bit where the thread starter states its a fight thats right Kiddo.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 11:24 PM
Supreme being is currently offline Click here to Send Supreme being a Private Message Find more posts by Supreme being Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Priest
stick out tongue

I wonder how many quintillions quintillion newton that is ... Enough to destroy a galaxy with one punch though (if is punches really give the effect of a million supernovas)

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 11:27 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
I wonder how many quintillions quintillion newton that is ... Enough to destroy a galaxy with one punch though (if is punches really give the effect of a million supernovas)
i guess he just punches with his pinky everytime he fights someone, and he's too fast for us to see it stick out tongue

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 12:17 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Well, SBP is going to be Superman when he grows up...and that's some mighty potential.

stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 12:29 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

confused What because his a Marvel character i cant hate him, well as people seem to have different preferences in life i don't think its unusual for me to dislike a certain character.

Dislike and blatant hate are two different things.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Reading certainly is fundemetal

Give it a try. You might like it.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 12:44 AM
Supreme being
Astet controller

Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Dislike and blatant hate are two different things.

Give it a try. You might like it.

Don't be an moron and lets not have to drag this out as it seems thats where this is heading, first of i am not pathetic enough to bore hate for a fictional character dislike yes Hate no. Second i think you will find its you that needs to understand and learn how to read and interpret things properly as i have pointed out above.

Last edited by Supreme being on Feb 1st, 2007 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 12:58 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Hmmm.....

Sentry wins. No, not because I actually think he's more powerful.

Just because when the Sentry kills someone, he kills them with style. None of this "OHHH! GOD! NO! I DIDN'T MEAN TO RIP HIS HEAD OFF!" crap.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 01:12 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Don't be an moron and lets not have to drag this out as it seems thats where this is heading, first of i am not pathetic enough to bore hate for a fictional character dislike yes Hate no. Second i think you will find its you that needs to understand and learn how to read and interpret things properly as i have pointed out above.

It says battle of potential. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Therefore it's not current Sentry. It's FULL POTENTIAL Sentry.

And, judging by the fact that all of Sentry's power cannot be contained within a normal man (hence Absorbing Man), it would appear, by all indications, that Sentry does indeed >>> Thor.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 01:14 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

Logic Dictates that i go with SBP, but Sentry is basically the goku of The MU...meaning A.he only uses a very very small fraction of his full power at his base levels, and B. when shit hits the fan he can just power up to unheard of levels to match or exceed any foe. so as strong as we have seen the sentry he can be a whole stronger if he wills it.

so it kinda hard cuz feats wise we've seen SBP own royally, especially going from Earth to the center of the universe by the time he could finish a sentence...yeeeah thats fast, so if he could get over his emo-ness and is at his full potential....which i expect he will be when he escapes from OA, he would be awesome so i say both characters at full potential is a stalemate

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Last edited by manjaro on Feb 1st, 2007 at 03:20 AM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 03:17 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sexyking

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

And, judging by the fact that all of Sentry's power cannot be contained within a normal man (hence Absorbing Man), it would appear, by all indications, that Sentry does indeed >>> Thor.

People like you piss me of why the fu.. are you getting involved its between the two of them let them scrap like children if they wish to. And no the thread starter clearly states its a fight which Howard claims its not, Sentry>>>Thor laughing I dont think so i guess we will wait and see.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 08:58 AM
sexyking is currently offline Click here to Send sexyking a Private Message Find more posts by sexyking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supreme being
Astet controller

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

reading roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 09:33 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Potential wise,won't superboy prime become Pre-crisis Superman?If sentry does have the power to destroy a galaxy with a punch didn't supes do it with a sneeze?

I also have a question.When Absorbing man took over the properties of Mjolnir,did he actually demonstrate any of it's power?Did he teleport,summon lightning or anything like that?Because if he only turned into Uru,that's all he did,he didn't absorb Mjolnir or its powers,he just replicated what it is made from.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 09:51 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote