KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Authority Runs the Team Gauntlet

The Authority Runs the Team Gauntlet
Started by: tjcoady

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tjcoady

The Authority Runs the Team Gauntlet

Classic Authority:

Jenny Sparks
The Doctor (Jeroen)
Apollo
Midnighter
Jack Hawksmoor
The Engineer
Swift

In these fights, they do not have access to the Carrier

1). Power Pack
2). Classic X-Men (with classic power levels): Iceman, Beast, Cyclops, Jean, Angel
3). Young Avengers: Patriot, Wiccan, Hulkling, Vision, Hawkeye, Stature, Speed
4). Current Astonishing X-Men (Colossus, Cyclops, Beast, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde)
5). Current Outsiders (Arsenal, Grace, Thunder, Nightwing, Huntress, Starfire, Captain Marvel Jr., Katana)

For these fights, they do have access to the carrier and Jenny Sparks is replaced with Jenny Quantum.

6). New Avengers
7). These Classic Avengers: Hercules, Ms. Marvel, Photon, Thor, Ironman, Yellowjacket, Wasp.
8). Big Seven Justice League: Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Batman, Aquaman+ Green Arrow and Plastic Man
9) These Defenders: Dr. Strange, The Hulk, Namor, Silver Surfer, Valkyrie, Nighthawk, Daimon Hellstorm, Hellcat, Beast, Iceman, Angel, Moondragon

Last edited by tjcoady on Feb 2nd, 2007 at 09:00 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 08:58 PM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I'd say they stop at 9.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 09:01 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

They stop at either 8 or 9. I can see them moving past 8 about 6/10 times, but they aren't getting past 9.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 09:05 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Sparks instead of Quantum is a noticable downgrade. But no one until 9 has a good answer for The Doctor's matter manip. It might not work on, say, Thor...but he couldn't protect his whole team.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 09:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Sparks instead of Quantum is a noticable downgrade. But no one until 9 has a good answer for The Doctor's matter manip. It might not work on, say, Thor...but he couldn't protect his whole team.

True- I don't know if you took this into consideration, but Quantum gets put in for Sparks halfway through.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 09:08 PM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Plus, it's Jeroen, rather than Habib Ben Hassan... Jeroen, while powerful, rarely uses his abilities as best as he could, and gets too frightened to use them easily.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 09:09 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by tjcoady
True- I don't know if you took this into consideration, but Quantum gets put in for Sparks halfway through.

Ah, didn't see that. Still too many in #9 to overcome, and Strange could counter-act the matter manip.

Plus, it's Jeroen, rather than Habib Ben Hassan... Jeroen, while powerful, rarely uses his abilities as best as he could, and gets too frightened to use them easily.

...once or twice. erm

There's plenty of examples where he just calmly turns masses of super-people into dice, trees, cologne, etc.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 09:14 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Ah, didn't see that. Still too many in #9 to overcome, and Strange could counter-act the matter manip.

...once or twice. erm

There's plenty of examples where he just calmly turns masses of super-people into dice, trees, cologne, etc.

true. although that taking Jeroen out of a fight through plot devices is pretty much the only way to tone down his power... by the way, you're an authority fan right? any idea when they series is going to start up again?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 09:19 PM
guy222
With my gal

Re: The Authority Runs the Team Gauntlet

Classic Authority:

Jenny Sparks
The Doctor (Jeroen)
Apollo
Midnighter
Jack Hawksmoor
The Engineer
Swift

In these fights, they do not have access to the Carrier

1). Power Pack
2). Classic X-Men (with classic power levels): Iceman, Beast, Cyclops, Jean, Angel
3). Young Avengers: Patriot, Wiccan, Hulkling, Vision, Hawkeye, Stature, Speed
4). Current Astonishing X-Men (Colossus, Cyclops, Beast, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde)
5). Current Outsiders (Arsenal, Grace, Thunder, Nightwing, Huntress, Starfire, Captain Marvel Jr., Katana)

For these fights, they do have access to the carrier and Jenny Sparks is replaced with Jenny Quantum.

6). New Avengers
7). These Classic Avengers: Hercules, Ms. Marvel, Photon, Thor, Ironman, Yellowjacket, Wasp.
8). Big Seven Justice League: Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Batman, Aquaman+ Green Arrow and Plastic Man
9) These Defenders: Dr. Strange, The Hulk, Namor, Silver Surfer, Valkyrie, Nighthawk, Daimon Hellstorm, Hellcat, Beast, Iceman, Angel, Moondragon

Don't forget about young Frankie Richards?

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 09:21 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

true. although that taking Jeroen out of a fight through plot devices is pretty much the only way to tone down his power... by the way, you're an authority fan right? any idea when they series is going to start up again?

It's already is but they've been slow about making new issues. The first WorldStorm issue is out, but that was a couple months ago and I haven't seen #2.

...the most recent complete arc was Revolution, which was very good.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 09:26 PM
tjcoady

It's already is but they've been slow about making new issues. The first WorldStorm issue is out, but that was a couple months ago and I haven't seen #2.

...the most recent complete arc was Revolution, which was very good.

Revolution was great- I just need something new for the Authority to get the bad taste that Captain Atom: Armaggadeon left in my mouth... butchering the characterizations one of my favorite teams...

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 09:28 PM
boriquaking55
Pak is a straight fool

They make it to 9, where it basically becomes doctor vs. doctor.

I just got BLOW'D UP from the inside by a Skrull?!
AWW HELLL NAWWW!!!!!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 10:37 PM
boriquaking55 is currently offline Click here to Send boriquaking55 a Private Message Find more posts by boriquaking55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Revolution was great- I just need something new for the Authority to get the bad taste that Captain Atom: Armaggadeon left in my mouth... butchering the characterizations one of my favorite teams...

Yeah, that was an unfortunate arc.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 11:04 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Add Jenny Quantum so they could clear it. stick out tongue

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Feb 3rd, 2007 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 12:40 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yogi Bear
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's started issue two should be out in March

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 12:42 AM
Yogi Bear is currently offline Click here to Send Yogi Bear a Private Message Find more posts by Yogi Bear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Stop at 8 or 9. Probably 9.

Sparks may be a power downgrade, but I'll take her over wannabe Quantum. happy

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 12:51 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote