KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Quasar vs. Captain Atom

Quasar vs. Captain Atom
Started by: Faceman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Quasar vs. Captain Atom

Both characters written to their best. Who wins???????????????

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 08:20 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

if both characters are writtan at best? Atom annihilates him on my basic knowledge of quasar. Since quasar is writtan at his best. it may be a fight. i've never seen what a definition 'at his best" quasar. But based off my knowedge of the character. Atom should win this.

ALSO!

Since this is him at his best his suit is unbreachable. Before wildstorm he had a solid form under that metel alloy.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 11:34 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Erm, "unbreachable" is just another buzzword that only holds true until it doesn't. Comics are filled with them. Infinite, unstoppable, indestructible, etc.

Quasar can consistently hang with heralds, cosmics, etc. and has shown much more on the energy manip. front. I'll take him for the slight majority.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 11:37 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Captain Atom before his return from Wildstorm was unlike major Force.
Major Force was more like the cartoon version of Captain Atom while the actual Captain Atom couldn't be breached. If someone cut through his metel alloy he wouldn't explode. Captain Atom has taken down lanterns and superman level characters. Superman is often compaired to that of heralds also to note the universe creation of his. Captain Atom is often writtan terribly but our charlston hero has proud roots and still takes the edge until I see hear otherwise, though unfortinatly I think more users will agree with you Digi.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 11:41 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

erm

At their best? Captain Atom remakes the universe without quasar in it. Done deal no expression

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 11:41 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
erm

At their best? Captain Atom remakes the universe without quasar in it. Done deal no expression

Well yeah, excluding that, because it's obviously the worst decision in recent comic history, SM/FL and Wolverine/Lobo included.

So yeah, if he's allowed to do that, it's over.

...but if a character is "written down" enough times, it's more than a fluke. Quasar has jobbed too, but not as often. It would be a great match, and yes Atom is capable of taking out A-listers, but my original assessment holds. Q 6 or 7/10.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 11:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

well when you see Captain Atom losing to the likes of Mary Marvel it'll make you cringe. Thank ceasar's ghost that was retconned. I'm pretty sure Atom has it in him to take whatever the quantom bands throw at him and reverse it or just to patton his own energy levels. For once Atom's been introduced to some new form of energy He can reuse it in other battled, though he's typically more comfortable with atom based power. Glad you can acknowledge Catain Atom Digi, dispite him being writtan pretty bad throughout the 1990's.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 11:51 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quasar would depower atom since thier powers are basically nearly the same. Quasar has shown greater control and fine tuning of his use of the quantum field. Quasar wins 7/10

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 12:00 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
horrorwolf
Incarnation of Infinity

Captain Atom runs away with this one due to fighting ability/strength/endurance.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 12:01 AM
horrorwolf is currently offline Click here to Send horrorwolf a Private Message Find more posts by horrorwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Quasar would depower atom since thier powers are basically nearly the same. Quasar has shown greater control and fine tuning of his use of the quantum field. Quasar wins 7/10

no one's really ever drained captain atom o his power erm His power is based off will. If quasar tried it he'd jsut drain to much thate ven he can handle.

Atom still has the edge

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 12:07 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Well yeah, excluding that, because it's obviously the worst decision in recent comic history, SM/FL and Wolverine/Lobo included.

Its not all that "recent" erm

eh, he has total control of quantum energy, and he his a quantum elemental. Cpt. Atom remakes the universe (I'm sure I'm making Batdude happy stick out tongue )

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:19 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Its not all that "recent" erm

eh, he has total control of quantum energy, and he his a quantum elemental. Cpt. Atom remakes the universe (I'm sure I'm making Batdude happy stick out tongue )

and me for that matter yes

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:20 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Redatom65
if both characters are writtan at best? Atom annihilates him on my basic knowledge of quasar. Since quasar is writtan at his best. it may be a fight. i've never seen what a definition 'at his best" quasar. But based off my knowedge of the character. Atom should win this.

ALSO!

Since this is him at his best his suit is unbreachable. Before wildstorm he had a solid form under that metel alloy.
Atom is overated...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:21 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

no, he's actually under rated and that's the problem

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:23 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

no, he's actually over rated and that's the problem
If you say so... wink

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:29 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Captain Atom would win I think, as far as I know he is almost if not exactly Supermans equal. Captain Atom has a wide range of powers, including strength, and if count nef was able to break through Quasars bubbles :P Captain Atom will too. No honestly, Quasar would put up a decent fight but I give 8/10 to Captain Atom.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:39 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Originally posted by bigbran
If you say so... wink

come on he only has 1 figure. ever. He's often writtan in a jobbing state. he doesn't get enough love

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:40 AM
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

They both manipulate energy don't they? has Atom ever gone up against a Green Lantern?

Just thinking that would be the closest comparison I can think of, seems a lot of people are basing this on Atom's strength but he brings a lot more to the game than the physical.

I can't help thinking they would just cancel each other out... confused

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:43 AM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Atom beat hal Jordan yes

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:44 AM
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

Atom beat hal Jordan yes

Ahh ok then...Atom wins! big grin

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:45 AM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote