KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Symbiote Spiderman versus Venom (Eddie Brock)

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Symbiote Spiderman 6 75.00%
Venom (Brock) 2 25.00%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Symbiote Spiderman versus Venom (Eddie Brock)
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Symbiote Spiderman versus Venom (Eddie Brock)

(please log in to view the image) versus(please log in to view the image)

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Last edited by Starscream M on Mar 22nd, 2007 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 09:11 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Brock.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 09:15 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spidey is around Class 20 now...and the symbiote's strength boost should put him well above Brock.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 09:25 PM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Spidey is around Class 20 now...and the symbiote's strength boost should put him well above Brock.

The suit doesn't give Spiderman any boost.
no expression
Also the Venom suit is upgraded even without the upgrade Brock wins.

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 09:27 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by juggernaut66666
The suit doesn't give Spiderman any boost.

are you sure? I know the cartoon isn't cannon, but in the cartoon Spiderman was alot stronger and faster after he got the symbiote.

Also, doesn't it make sense that the symbiote would improve Spiderman's stats, that's why Spiderman wanted to keep it.

And the symbiote certainly improves Spiderman's durability by a great deal, that's a fact.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 09:37 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by masterbruce
are you sure? I know the cartoon isn't cannon, but in the cartoon Spiderman was alot stronger and faster after he got the symbiote.

Also, doesn't it make sense that the symbiote would improve Spiderman's stats, that's why Spiderman wanted to keep it.

And the symbiote certainly improves Spiderman's durability by a great deal, that's a fact.

Durability maybe but not his strenght it happened only in the cartoon.

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 09:39 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

^True.
Besides, Brock's bonding with the symbiote was much greater than Peter's ever was. That's why he's stronger and more durable.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 09:41 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Special abilities

Symbiotes empower the natural abilities of a host to the point where they far exceed that of normal members of the hosts species. These abilities include the following:

* Superhuman strength
* Superior speed and agility
* Limited invulnerability
* Genetic memory, recalling information from previous hosts.
* Enhanced healing ability.

The symbiote also reacts to the thoughts and will of the host. When Spider-Man was originally selected, he had been thinking about Spider-Woman's costume in the Secret Wars. The symbiote acted on this and formed a similar costume, the one seen on him and Venom. The following are functions that have been demonstrated from various hosts' wills (but are not limited to):

* The ability to form fangs or simple bladed weapons out of their limbs
* The ability to form additional appendages: limbs, wings and tendrils out of their body
* The ability to shape-shift, from mimicking clothing up to and including complete change of appearance and stature.
* The ability to blend with its surroundings.
* The ability to stick to walls (adopted from Spider-Man).
* The ability to produce webbing from its own mass (adopted from Spider-Man).
* The ability to bypass the Spider-Sense (because the original symbiote was attached to Peter first, it took his genetic information and spider-powers. This means that the symbiote attacking Peter would essentially be Peter attacking himself, which wouldn't set off his Spider-Sense; during the Clone Saga, this became complicated, as Venom did set off Ben Reilly's Spider-Sense, but Carnage apparently did not)

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 09:41 PM
shksprtx
Cosmic Redneck

I give it to Brock just on the basis of him being able to blindside Peter's spider-sense...

If Peter is also in the symbiote suit, he also loses the adavntage of being able to use sound as a weapon...

I'm not sure Peter's possible (and slight) edge in strength or speed will make much difference in this fight...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 10:02 PM
shksprtx is currently offline Click here to Send shksprtx a Private Message Find more posts by shksprtx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

spiderman nears and all the venom threads are coming up

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 10:45 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I have always liked Spiderman and I like Venom. They might be well evenly matched but, Peter will overpower Brock in the end.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 11:11 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

what is Eddie Brock's strength level with the current symbiote..? and why is he vulnerable to sonics..? confused

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 11:22 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
I have always liked Spiderman and I like Venom. They might be well evenly matched but, Peter will overpower Brock in the end.

cosigned

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 11:23 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

the polls show Symbiote Spiderman winning this one.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 02:13 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

'Cuz he will. The Spidey respect thread has a scan w/normal Spidey giving Venom the "what for". Black Spidey will FUBAR Venom

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 05:19 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyranno-Chris
HI! My Name Is!

Spidey.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 09:18 PM
Tyranno-Chris is currently offline Click here to Send Tyranno-Chris a Private Message Find more posts by Tyranno-Chris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

Uh, the symbiote costume NEVER enhanced Spider-man's stats. I don't see how Brock wouldnt win. Unless this was the extremely cancer ridden Brock.

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 09:43 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Antediluvian89
Former R.P.D member

True.

All the symbiote would do for Spidey would give him a little better webbing and some camoflauge abilities, nothing more. Venom would still be more durable and stronger, so unless Spidey brings sonics to the fight, Spidey's owned.

You must overcome your deepest fears to survive the nightmare.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:10 PM
Antediluvian89 is currently offline Click here to Send Antediluvian89 a Private Message Find more posts by Antediluvian89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

Originally posted by masterbruce

Peter wanted to keep the suit because it could mimic all his clothes and he could become Spider-man instantly, not only that but it produced it's own webbing saving Peter a boat load of cash. Other than that he has no real upgrade from the symbiote, now it gave Brock much higher upgrades due to the fact it had copied Spidey's powers and had also completely bonded with Brock.

Now if Peter bonded with the current Venom symbiote it may augment his powers due to it having copied his powers before and being bonded to Brock and the Scorpion, otherwise Peter won't get much of a boost.

Also when did Peter's durability increase, the only time I saw a symbiote increase Peter's durability was in Ultimate Spider-man where he took a bullet but I don't think I have seen anything to imply 616 Spidey had an upgrade in durability.

Anyway I'd give this fight to Brock as Peter is pretty much the same as normal besides he doesn't have to produce his own webbing.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:11 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

Originally posted by Sparkz
Peter wanted to keep the suit because it could mimic all his clothes and he could become Spider-man instantly, not only that but it produced it's own webbing saving Peter a boat load of cash. Other than that he has no real upgrade from the symbiote, now it gave Brock much higher upgrades due to the fact it had copied Spidey's powers and had also completely bonded with Brock.

Now if Peter bonded with the current Venom symbiote it may augment his powers due to it having copied his powers before and being bonded to Brock and the Scorpion, otherwise Peter won't get much of a boost.

Also when did Peter's durability increase, the only time I saw a symbiote increase Peter's durability was in Ultimate Spider-man where he took a bullet but I don't think I have seen anything to imply 616 Spidey had an upgrade in durability.

Anyway I'd give this fight to Brock as Peter is pretty much the same as normal besides he doesn't have to produce his own webbing.

Exactly! Agreeing with you all the way. Current Symbiote would give Spider-man some upgrades, but it's unkonwn what/to what degree. So we'll pretty much have to assume that it will do him about much as it did the last time he had the symbiote, nothing big AFAIK. Btw, Beer's good big grin

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:14 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote