KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Maelstrom Tournament

The Maelstrom Tournament
Started by: Nataku8188

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

The Maelstrom Tournament

Prepare for chaos.

This is not a tournament for the ill-informed. This is a tournament meant for only the most hardcore, diehard comic fanatics. If you only know one character, don't bother entering, you won't win.

The rules are very simple.

Contestants:

8 teams

Each team on KMC will elect 3 members to represent them. One group from each team, that is -ALL- that will be allowed. If you have 8 guys from, say, GLC that want to compete, ya'll had best vote on your 3 best.

The general populace of KMC will also be able to select *ANY* 3 members (That aren't already representing a team, but may still be on a team) to represent them, if they cannot do so in an orderly fashion, *I* will select who I feel are the best 3 members to represent the general populace.

If only 5 actual teams select members to participate, I will fill the other slots with general populace teams.

If you are upset because your team is very large, don't worry, it's not going to be 'X member, Y member, Z member vs A,B,C members', it's 'GLC vs Illuminati' and whatever roster of the current team will be posted. ONLY the three members chosen to represent the team may post.

Characters:

Each team will choose 3 characters to represent them. One Herald level, one Iron-man level, and one street level. E

Battlegrounds:

Each team will choose 1 home field to battle on, this must be a VERY specific place, such as Times Square, The Danger Room, Ontop of the Daily Bugle, The Jungles of the Savage Lands, etc.

Format:

Double-elimination. Your first lost puts you in the loser bracket, your second lose kicks you out of the tournament.

The kicker:

Expect the unexpected. Know your enemy. If you enter this tournament, prepare for things to happen that you are not prepared for (Makes sense, don't it) Be ready to debate fights you did not see coming, be ready to use characters you know nothing about, be ready for everything. Bring your A-Game, because baby, this is going to test it.

Matches:

Each match will begin roughly at 12 noon central time. They will last approximately 56 hours later, at 10 PM central time two days later. There is no guarantee on the length of a match. The tournament officials will do our best to keep it on time though. There will *ALWAYS* be a 48 minimum and 72 hour maximum on match lengths.

Sign-ups:

As of right now you all have until 1900 April 1st 2007 to form your teams. If all the teams are ready BEFORE then, we will begin earlier. When all teams have been formed I will begin the draft sequence.

Judges:

There will be 5 judges. Until the tournament starts, only they will know who they are.

Leave any questions here so I may answer them.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 11:49 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

can you extend the deadline abit? We're all kind of burned out from the last tournament bombing. erm

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 11:54 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I had a similar idea for a tournament I would host but I saw this thread and I think I can work with you. If you'd like a judge/colleague I'm at your disposal. I'll PM you with my ideas in a moment.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 11:55 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

I reserve the right to make any and all decisions for who is and isn't within the power levels. I reserve the right to disqualify any member at any time for a reasonable attempt to cheat. I reserve the right to deny entry to anyone who argues with my decisions. If you want to participate, you deal with the rules I put up, period, end of story.

Not to say you can't talk to me about something, but do not spam threads with "THATS SO UNFAIR!""ZOMG!" etc. Keep it to PMs.

This forum sucks.

Last edited by Nataku8188 on Mar 24th, 2007 at 12:01 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 11:55 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Another F*cking team tourny...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 11:57 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Read the rules, every member on KMC has a chance to participate.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 11:59 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
Call me crazy but I think KMC could use a break from tourneys for a while...

No offense....but cosigned

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 11:59 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Originally posted by DigiMark007
No offense....but cosigned

There is ALWAYS someone who wants to enter a tournament. If you don't feel like participating, don't worry about it.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 12:03 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm not opposed to it, I just call it like I see it....with the time of year, and recent events, it'll just be hard for you. Not trying to hate....just being honest.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 12:06 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
can you extend the deadline abit? We're all kind of burned out from the last tournament bombing. erm
Ya... I think you should be the most burned out... after all you did bomb that b*tch like no one's business.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 12:13 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 12:22 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

If you don't have any actual questions, please take it to the off-topic thread.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 12:28 AM
Flame On!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by bigbran
Ya... I think you should be the most burned out... after all you did bomb that b*tch like no one's business.

Must not laugh....Must not laugh.......

Dammit laughing

-FO!!

thumb up

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 12:53 AM
Flame On!! is currently offline Click here to Send Flame On!! a Private Message Find more posts by Flame On!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Look everybody!!! Bran made a funny!!!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 01:06 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flame On!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by batdude123
Look everybody!!! Bran made a funny!!!

Yes it was very odd wasn't it erm

smile

-FO!!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 01:20 AM
Flame On!! is currently offline Click here to Send Flame On!! a Private Message Find more posts by Flame On!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Flame On!!
Yes it was very odd wasn't it erm

smile

-FO!!

Very uncharacteristic of him. smile

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 01:34 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Indeed.

As for this tourney, I'm predicting my herald level character will need to be capable of major collateral damage.

Dibs on Trickster.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 01:58 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

You want me on your team? eek! Wow, thanks Smurf. big grin

Edit: Wait, is that a veiled insult? miffed

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 02:04 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

You are SO quick on the uptake, aren't you?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 02:06 AM
Smurph
------

Insult? Never. Believe me, I know, you type like it's Aunt May back from the dead sitting at your keyboard, but I have witnessed personally, that when you get going, any posters or ironman-level-inter-team-tourneys better watch out.

As recently demonstrated.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 02:11 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote