KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » surfer (current upgrade NEWS) vs thanos and darkseid

surfer (current upgrade NEWS) vs thanos and darkseid
Started by: lionking

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lionking

surfer (current upgrade NEWS) vs thanos and darkseid

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magaz...d/004017505.cfm

Keith Giffen rocked the Marvel Universe to its cosmic core in Annihilation, and he’s still blazing a hot trail out of Annihilus’ defeat and Thanos’ death as he unleashes Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus #2 next week. As Giffen whittles out an interlude between Annihilation and its forthcoming sequel, Galactus’ heralds still have some chips on their shoulders, which suits Giffen fine as he gears up for a star-crossed tale of revenge.

“We turned him back into the guy that first showed up on the roof of the Baxter Building,” says Giffen of Galactus’ prodigal herald. The writer wants Annihilation to mark a new chapter in the Surfer’s life and bring his character back into focus. “That’s not to say that he’s the soulless automaton that he was then. He’s not going to be lying on his board doing Hamlet anymore. ‘Oh, woe is me, I’ve got cosmic powers, I’m the most powerful being in the universe and I look good in silver.’ It doesn’t work for me.”

Giffen brought the Surfer back to Galactus in a saga of Shakespearean scale in Annihilation, and in true form he’s outfitted the pair with a tale of revenge to complement their reunion.

“It’s Galactus and the Surfer going after Tenebris and Aegis for a little bit of payback and a little bit of save-the-universe,” he characterizes. The issue divides into two stories, the first of which follows the Silver Surfer and his once and again, purple pitchfork-headed master. The issue also delves further into the two beings who bested Galactus during Annihilation.

The second story picks up on Firelord’s quest to hunt down Annihilus’ Centurians, who razed his homeworld. “The Firelord story plays out in the wake of the Annihilation War,” Giffen tells. “What has Firelord decided his place in the universe is? He’s kind of a cosmic Dirty Harry.”

Marvel’s cosmic supporting cast gets a share of the spotlight as well, as Giffen uses his opportunity in this issue to delves further into players such as Aegis and Tenebris, bringing their origins to light.

“We deal with the origins of who these characters are, where they came from, what their purpose was, and in doing so we even see how Skreet came to be,” states Giffen.

All the while, the metallic herald formerly known as Norrin Radd gets to prove himself and his recently augmented powers against the foes. “It’s just watching the Silver Surfer actually take down these two gods and almost kill himself in doing so,” says Giffen. “It’s probably the first time Galactus has to sit back and go, ‘I’m impressed!’”

When vengeance is had, Giffen wants a deeper, more tragically rendered Surfer standing in the place of the one who walked into Annihilation, and this will be the confrontation that seals the deal.

“I think Silver Surfer has finally come to grips with his destiny,” the writer says of the issue’s conclusion. “He is the herald of Galactus, and as he asked at one point when he was restored in the series, Galactus said, ‘I can purge you of what that stupid blind girl did to you,’ and the Surfer said, ‘No, boost me up. Give me what you need for me to do my job, but leave me my remorse, because my remorse will define me.’”

LOVELY SO LETS GET THIS BATTLE ON

Last edited by lionking on Mar 25th, 2007 at 11:08 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 11:05 AM
lionking is currently offline Click here to Send lionking a Private Message Find more posts by lionking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Re: surfer (current upgrade NEWS) vs thanos and darkseid

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lionking
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magaz...d/004017505.cfm

Keith Giffen rocked the Marvel Universe to its cosmic core in Annihilation, and he’s still blazing a hot trail out of Annihilus’ defeat and Thanos’ death as he unleashes Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus #2 next week. As Giffen whittles out an interlude between Annihilation and its forthcoming sequel, Galactus’ heralds still have some chips on their shoulders, which suits Giffen fine as he gears up for a star-crossed tale of revenge.

“We turned him back into the guy that first showed up on the roof of the Baxter Building,” says Giffen of Galactus’ prodigal herald. The writer wants Annihilation to mark a new chapter in the Surfer’s life and bring his character back into focus. “That’s not to say that he’s the soulless automaton that he was then. He’s not going to be lying on his board doing Hamlet anymore. ‘Oh, woe is me, I’ve got cosmic powers, I’m the most powerful being in the universe and I look good in silver.’ It doesn’t work for me.”

Giffen brought the Surfer back to Galactus in a saga of Shakespearean scale in Annihilation, and in true form he’s outfitted the pair with a tale of revenge to complement their reunion.

“It’s Galactus and the Surfer going after Tenebris and Aegis for a little bit of payback and a little bit of save-the-universe,” he characterizes. The issue divides into two stories, the first of which follows the Silver Surfer and his once and again, purple pitchfork-headed master. The issue also delves further into the two beings who bested Galactus during Annihilation.

The second story picks up on Firelord’s quest to hunt down Annihilus’ Centurians, who razed his homeworld. “The Firelord story plays out in the wake of the Annihilation War,” Giffen tells. “What has Firelord decided his place in the universe is? He’s kind of a cosmic Dirty Harry.”

Marvel’s cosmic supporting cast gets a share of the spotlight as well, as Giffen uses his opportunity in this issue to delves further into players such as Aegis and Tenebris, bringing their origins to light.

“We deal with the origins of who these characters are, where they came from, what their purpose was, and in doing so we even see how Skreet came to be,” states Giffen.

All the while, the metallic herald formerly known as Norrin Radd gets to prove himself and his recently augmented powers against the foes. “It’s just watching the Silver Surfer actually take down these two gods and almost kill himself in doing so,” says Giffen. “It’s probably the first time Galactus has to sit back and go, ‘I’m impressed!’”

When vengeance is had, Giffen wants a deeper, more tragically rendered Surfer standing in the place of the one who walked into Annihilation, and this will be the confrontation that seals the deal.

“I think Silver Surfer has finally come to grips with his destiny,” the writer says of the issue’s conclusion. “He is the herald of Galactus, and as he asked at one point when he was restored in the series, Galactus said, ‘I can purge you of what that stupid blind girl did to you,’ and the Surfer said, ‘No, boost me up. Give me what you need for me to do my job, but leave me my remorse, because my remorse will define me.’”

LOVELY SO LETS GET THIS BATTLE ON
Thanos by himself.
Darkseid by himself.

Whatever gave you idea that he actually stood a chance is beyond me...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 11:10 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionking

HE IS IF HE TAKES OUT Tenebris and Aegis WHO ARE BOTH MORE POWERFULL THEN THEN DARKSEID AND THANOS COMBINED THEN HE WOULD BE

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 11:13 AM
lionking is currently offline Click here to Send lionking a Private Message Find more posts by lionking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

HE IS IF HE TAKES OUT Tenebris and Aegis WHO ARE BOTH MORE POWERFULL THEN THEN DARKSEID AND THANOS COMBINED THEN HE WOULD BE
When?
Because he certainly hasn't done it in comics...

Also, while Surfer is an unknown... Thanos is also, in case you're forgetting...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 11:14 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Have you forgot that current Surfer got pwned by Aegis?

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 11:16 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionking

LOOKS LIKE THEY GOING TO HAVE A REMATCH

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 11:19 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

LOOKS LIKE THEY GOING TO HAVE A REMATCH
STOP TYPING IN CAPS!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 11:21 AM
lionking

dont get mad get wink wink

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 11:25 AM
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by bigbran
STOP TYPING IN CAPS!

SHUT UP *****!!!!! GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 11:26 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionking

surfer if he beats these to power houses that would show how much of an upgrade he got

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 11:28 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

surfer if he beats these to power houses that would show how much of an upgrade he got

YOu do realize that Thanos had an upgrade and is an unknown factor and DS is being written back to his precrisis Days and beyond. He's doing things as if he had the ALE and come to find out, he may not even have it. Either of stone faces will still take out surfer.

Last edited by nvrbeenwthagirl on Mar 25th, 2007 at 03:58 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 03:55 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmeat
Restricted

Account Restricted

jobbersid would slow thanos down so surfer wins.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 03:56 PM
xmeat is currently offline Click here to Send xmeat a Private Message Find more posts by xmeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by xmeat
jobbersid would slow thanos down so surfer wins.

You are an idiot which knows no bounds. Did you just read what I said goofy? have you picked up any books with DS in them lately? OR are you going to keep a hard on for something that happened years ago?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 03:58 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

I can't wait to see Galactus sit back and go "I'm impressed" whilst watching the Surfer.

However, it hasn't happened yet...so...

Surfer is one-shotted by either of these two.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 04:24 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionking

so if he beats these two then u will say he could beat thanos and darkseid combined

thats the deal take it or leave it

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 04:34 PM
lionking

y is it superman does not get one shoted and surfer does.

and we all no what surfer would do to any version of superman

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 04:35 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Um come into the year 2007. That is all I have to say.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 04:37 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Superman has protection by the source.

Some versions of Superman not all of them.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 04:38 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Silver Surfer loses every time.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 06:02 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

whoa.
when's the comic due?

oh and come on, Surfer can survive a couple of blows from these guys. he's toast yes, but not "one shotted"...

until he bests the Gods... team for the win.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 06:08 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote