KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Loki and Balder vs. Silver Surfer

Loki and Balder vs. Silver Surfer
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Loki and Balder vs. Silver Surfer

Who wins? The gods of Asgard, or the noble surfer of the cosmos?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 07:19 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Well, Surfer's never done great against magic.

But, hey, if Apoc can do it...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 07:27 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Does Surfer get a spear made of mistletoe?

But seriously, how powerful is Balder?

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 07:31 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Does Surfer get a spear made of mistletoe?

But seriously, how powerful is Balder?

Loki/Balder the Brave ftw

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 07:37 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Loki stalemated Surfer on his own once. Yeah, I know, it doesn't mkae a ton of sense....but it happened.

The gods take it, much as I love Surfer (and he'd win either one in a regular match).

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 09:42 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Surfer has shown to have no defence against magic, way back when in Silver Surfer #12 even people not even half the power of Loki were manipulating him.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 10:12 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Surfer has shown to have no defence against magic

Surfer has pretty good showings against magical people.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 10:32 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Surfer has shown to have no defence against magic, way back when in Silver Surfer #12 even people not even half the power of Loki were manipulating him.
And yet... a weakened Surfer took out Loki...
Afazing...

Also, all they did was take in Surfer when he got KOed by running into Galactus's shield, and then they put him to sleep with a spell.
When he woke up he pawned them, and then pawned Abomination...
no expression while he was weakened.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 11:54 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

This is basically Loki vs Surfer.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:00 AM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by bigbran
And yet... a weakened Surfer took out Loki...
Afazing...

Also, all they did was take in Surfer when he got KOed by running into Galactus's shield, and then they put him to sleep with a spell.
When he woke up he pawned them, and then pawned Abomination...
no expression while he was weakened.

PIS, as that contradicts what is shown many times befoe then. Even Galactus has admitted to a weakness to magic. Unless you think they are immune to magic now?

Surfer even admited he was back in full strength when they brought him in and a simple spell from this low and I mean low level mystical users took him out. Actually no he didn't own them at all, he saved one who nearly got killed by Abomination and yes SS owned Abomination and he was weakened due to bringing the man back from near death. Abomination isn't magical and moot point now isn't it? They actually summoned him and the plan backfired on them. That wasn't Surfer's doing.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:08 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Donkey Punch
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Well, Surfer's never done great against magic.

But, hey, if Apoc can do it...

Apoc did nothing that scan has been taken out of context. This is the problem with using Respect threads as references.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:08 AM
Donkey Punch is currently offline Click here to Send Donkey Punch a Private Message Find more posts by Donkey Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Galactus never said he was weak to magic.

He said he can't understand magic, or something along those lines.

He's beaten plenty of people who use highpowered magic before.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:15 AM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Surfer 7/10

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:17 AM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by UniOmni
Galactus never said he was weak to magic.

He said he can't understand magic, or something along those lines.

He's beaten plenty of people who use highpowered magic before.

No he directly stated he had a weakness, as it's not like the fundamentals of the universe. I will see if I can pull up the scans.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:18 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

PIS, as that contradicts what is shown many times befoe then. Even Galactus has admitted to a weakness to magic. Unless you think they are immune to magic now?

Surfer even admited he was back in full strength when they brought him in and a simple spell from this low and I mean low level mystical users took him out. Actually no he didn't own them at all, he saved one who nearly got killed by Abomination and yes SS owned Abomination and he was weakened due to bringing the man back from near death. Abomination isn't magical and moot point now isn't it? They actually summoned him and the plan backfired on them. That wasn't Surfer's doing.
Umm... Surfer has never been weak to magic. Hell, he has even done things to impress Odin, by manipulating magic...

Galactus said he doesn't understand magic, he never said he was weak to it.
Unless this was shown after he KOed Dr Strange, and stalemated Agamotto...

They gave him something to drink, and it KOed him. You ever think this is pis? I mean, before this, Surfer was trapping Thor's hammer, and overpowering Loki...

OK, I was wrong, when Surfer was extremely weakened, he healed the Warlock Prime.
Then he went on to own Abomination...
Also, Abomination was still at Hulk's level, weakened or not, and Surfer was EXTREMELY weakened.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:21 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Umm... Surfer has never been weak to magic. Hell, he has even done things to impress Odin, by manipulating magic...

Galactus said he doesn't understand magic, he never said he was weak to it.
Unless this was shown after he KOed Dr Strange, and stalemated Agamotto...

They gave him something to drink, and it KOed him. You ever think this is pis? I mean, before this, Surfer was trapping Thor's hammer, and overpowering Loki...

OK, I was wrong, when Surfer was extremely weakened, he healed the Warlock Prime.
Then he went on to own Abomination...
Also, Abomination was still at Hulk's level, weakened or not, and Surfer was EXTREMELY weakened.

Wait...he manipulated Odin's magic? Errr?

Seperate occasion said in a mini when he made a guest apperance.

Hardly, as magic is completly seperate to the power cosmic. Hell even Ghost Rider has used Thor's hammer to his advantage. So meh! Wrecker has overpowered Loki and Thor at times..meh!

Moot point as I said as Abomination isn't magical just a brute who can't even fly or do anything.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:24 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Wait...he manipulated Odin's magic? Errr?

Seperate occasion said in a mini when he made a guest apperance.

Hardly, as magic is completly seperate to the power cosmic. Hell even Ghost Rider has used Thor's hammer to his advantage. So meh! Wrecker has overpowered Loki and Thor at times..meh!

Moot point as I said as Abomination isn't magical just a brute who can't even fly or do anything.
Beta's... I'll look for the comic though...
Oh, and Surfer has also beaten and fought with Mephisto...

So... how did he stalemate Agamotto then? Probably the top magic user in Marvel...

Umm... Ghost Rider is magic...
Don't recall Wrecker ever doing this to Loki... Also, Wrecker is magic also...
Silver Surfer supposedly has a weakness to magic, and yet, he does things that go against this.

I know... just saying what Surfer can do... and since Balder is here...

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:30 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

What can Baldur actually do?

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:31 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Surfer synthesized the Odinpower when he healed BRB in an old comic.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:43 AM
-K-M-

Beta's... I'll look for the comic though...
Oh, and Surfer has also beaten and fought with Mephisto...

So... how did he stalemate Agamotto then? Probably the top magic user in Marvel...

Umm... Ghost Rider is magic...
Don't recall Wrecker ever doing this to Loki... Also, Wrecker is magic also...
Silver Surfer supposedly has a weakness to magic, and yet, he does things that go against this.

I know... just saying what Surfer can do... and since Balder is here...

No worries I believe you

Mephisto has also beat the Surfer, and Mephisto showed he can be a match for Galactus. Marvel needs to be more consistent.

There are actually higher magical users than him, even Mephisto was breifly getting the best of him and I wouldn't put him on Agamotto's level [Mephisto]

Low-level magic, heck even a car hitting Thor has winded him, and Silver Surfer got ko'ed by a brick...bullshit I know. It happened right before Loki tried to steal back their powers. Wrecker was shrugging of blows from Ulik and Thor.

Understandable

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 01:18 AM