KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Pre-Crisis Mordru vs The Sinestro Corps

Pre-Crisis Mordru vs The Sinestro Corps
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Pre-Crisis Mordru vs The Sinestro Corps

Who takes it ? smile

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 03:13 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

at one point in Mordru's career, i seem to remember it taking the combined efforts of the pre-crisis JLA/JSA/LOSH to eventually take him down.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 03:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

I also recall his hand sent from centuries later owning Pre-Crisis Superman/Hal Jordan/Alan Scott/Dr Fate and a few others, dragging them to the future, owning them again, only to be revealed that it's actually just an astral projection from Mordru, a Mordru that was vastly depowered aswell.

What I find wierd though is that he is supposdley under Superboy Prime's lead in Final Crisis: Legion of the 3 Worlds mini-series.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 03:57 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
I also recall his hand sent from centuries later owning Pre-Crisis Superman/Hal Jordan/Alan Scott/Dr Fate and a few others, dragging them to the future, owning them again, only to be revealed that it's actually just an astral projection from Mordru, a Mordru that was vastly depowered aswell.

What I find wierd though is that he is supposdley under Superboy Prime's lead in Final Crisis: Legion of the 3 Worlds mini-series.

Mordu wouldn't be able to do too much to SBP to take over the lead since magic doesn't work on SBP.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 04:01 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by fangirl101
Mordu wouldn't be able to do too much to SBP to take over the lead since magic doesn't work on SBP.
prime isn't guardian amped any longer. that being said, withstanding magical punches from teth, isn't enough proof [for me] that magic on mordru's level would be ineffective against him.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 04:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by fangirl101

Superboy Prime hasn't exactly met magic on Mordru's level either, so assuming that magic at any level wouldn't work on Superboy Prime isn't exactly correct.

I'm pretty sure that if Spectre would go ape-sh*t on Superboy Prime, the aforementioned wouldn't just stand there and take it all like it was nothing smile

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 04:08 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Mordru used to be THE big threat in the 31st century. The reasons for his drop in power are part of the gigantic cluster**** that is the LSH continuity.

I'm posting the Wiki article, but I don't know how accurate it is. erm Val is the only person on here who I think knows the LSH enough to answer questions.

In the V4 Legion, it was revealed that originally Mordru was fated to rule the universe for a thousand years. Seeing this timeline, the Time Trapper caused the Legion to be founded in order to block Mordru's rise to ultimate power. However, when the Legion defeated Darkseid, the Time Trapper realized they had become more powerful than he expected, and were a threat to him. After Valor destroyed the Time Trapper, this timeline did indeed come to pass (for a single issue) before the previously minor villain Glorith cast a suicidal spell that inserted herself into history to take the Time Trapper's place as a time manipulator who would (indirectly) create the legion to block Mordru.

In this new timeline, Glorith was orchestrating a battle between the Legion and Mordru in which they would be evenly matched, destroy each other, and let her pick up the pieces as the only remaining power in the universe. Ultra Boy however figured out her plan, and turned the tables on her, visiting Mordru in disguise and provoking him into attacking Glorith before she was ready (but still more powerful than he expected). The result was a stalemate which cost both Mordru and Glorith the bulk of their power. In this retcon, this explains the sudden drop in Mordru's meteoric rise to power referenced above. He was still powerful, but had to content himself with ruling what he had conquered thus far.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 07:13 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote